Netflix jupiter?s legacy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIBBY1957DOG

Super Freak
Reaction score
couldn't find a thread for this ,delete if necessary

looks good to me , feels a lot like a kingdom come and watchmen sorta thing going on

going to definitely give it a watch

YAAAAAAY MORE GENERIC CAPE****!!!

I read the books and they weren't great. Millar phoning it in. The book read like a Netflix pitch. Which it was. And apparently it worked.

Great job Mark. Great job. Somewhere in Scotland, there's a single tear running down Grant Morrison's face because his protege is a huge corporate sellout.

(Oh wait....didn't Morrison write that absolute turd "Happy" for the exact same reason? Forget I said that.)

Watched the first couple episodes and oh boy is this bad.

It might have been passable as a novelty before shows like the boys and invincible came on the scene but now it's just laughable.

Boring, lazy, and very cheap looking.

Is there any chance it can be enjoyed as a 'so bad it's good' kinda way?

You might get a laugh out of the the high school theater production level fake beards and wigs the leads wear throughout the show.

Everyone that worked on this should be fired, VFX artists, costume department, cinematographer, fight choreographer.

I actually really liked this show. It's not as good or fun as The Boys, but in certain respects I liked it better. I never read the comics, so didn't go in with any expectations. Sure the pacing is a bit slow in places; the cast is definitely a notch or two below The Boys; the fights were not great (there was a whole off-screen fight between two characters that was clearly done to save money); and the effects and CGI look barely above CW level; but I thought the story itself played out quite well. I liked the generational approach as opposed to just being another cookie cutter deconstruction. I don't think the show was engineered to go head to head with the MCU, DCEU or even the Boys, but rather so that Netflix would have something in the Superhero space. However, if the audience went in with MCU-level expectations, I could see how folks could come away disappointed. I don't know what they spent on it, but the the bar keeps getting set higher and higher and folks today are expecting every series to look like quarter-billion-dollar productions. Taken on its own, the acting was fairly solid; the costumes looked pretty comics accurate and worked well on screen; the 1929 sequences looked very good; and aside from a few lulls, the story moved along briskly. This was one of those rare cases where it might have been nice to have added in one or two more episodes to flesh out some of the other characters beyond Shel, Walt and George; showcase the Union as a team in the early years; and dedicate more time to the younger generation of heroes. Assuming this first season performs reasonably well (and I don't think it cost a fortune), I'm hoping the series gets at least a couple of additional seasons to tell its story.

I binged it like chloe on cocain

My biggest issue with this show. They want the audience to invest in the lengthy backstory of what they had to endure to get their powers in a very grueling adventure scenario meanwhile there are young adults with powers hanging around a rave club mixed in with the backstory. It sucked all the life out of their grueling struggle in 1939 when we know kids everywhere have powers without going thru that struggle making their 1939 adventure a complete waste of time and pointless. Sigh

Everyone that worked on this should be fired.

I actually really liked this show.

a complete waste of time and pointless. Sigh

The reviews are in. :lol

There was a time in my youth -- I think most boy's youth -- that I found myths and Greek/Roman gods fascinating, but I eventually got bored with the repetition and moved on. I feel like I have reached my fill of superheroes. Pretty much done with tights and capes. But what the hell is there to move on to? I desperately need something new. Please!!!!!

The reviews are in. :lol

There was a time in my youth -- I think most boy's youth -- that I found myths and Greek/Roman gods fascinating, but I eventually got bored with the repetition and moved on. I feel like I have reached my fill of superheroes. Pretty much done with tights and capes. But what the hell is there to move on to? I desperately need something new. Please!!!!!

After Invincible capes are now officially over.

Eternals yay baby Thanos lol

MCU F4, X-Men and Blade might be too little too late.

Jye, you're a big horror guy -- or you were -- don't you wish some good, really good, horror movies were being planned?

Not Michael Myers slasher stuff, or It Follows type stuff, but something new... not reliant on teenagers getting snuffed every 10 minutes. And not with a Clown. Something more in the vein of The Thing. But you know not The Thing....

Jye, you're a big horror guy -- or you were -- don't you wish some good, really good, horror movies were being planned?

Not Michael Myers slasher stuff, or It Follows type stuff, but something new... not reliant on teenagers getting snuffed every 10 minutes. And not with a Clown. Something more in the vein of The Thing. But you know not The Thing....

You made that very difficult to narrow down lol

Myers/Jason/Freddy/Leatherface/Pinhead = Zzzzzzz

Conjuring = Zzzzzzz

Zombies = Zzzzzz

I WANT MORE EXTRATERRESTRIAL TERROR but not Brometheus 2 lol

I am also burned out on Witch horror.

Back