Netflix Co-Founder’s Crazy Plan: Pay $10 a Month, Go to the Movies All You Want

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a VPN that doesn't keep logs and use Tor over it. Buy everything you can with a crypto currency.

Yeah - but the VPN-route would be the next reasonable "step" - before entering "this is getting silly" territory :)

Anybody that wants to go full-nutter is either totally tinfoil or is doing something they SHOULD get tracked for.

Yeah - but the VPN-route would be the next reasonable "step" - before entering "this is getting silly" territory :)

Anybody that wants to go full-nutter is either totally tinfoil or is doing something they SHOULD get tracked for.

Or just values their right to privacy

There isn't a new movie being released that's worth watching every week, let alone everyday.
I don't see the appeal in this offer.

Speak for yourself. I go to the movies at least once a week, sometimes up to three times. You bet your ass I signed up for this. Will pay for itself in the first week. Annabelle, Logan lucky, good time, girls trip, Detroit. All movies I still need to see and I haven't missed a weekend since February. Now we have the Oscar season coming, man I can't wait. My only question is will my pass work with the throw back Tuesdays at a local theater. They have some classics coming up that I'd love to see on the big screen.

Also to people that wonder how this company will make money. One, they want theaters to cut them in on the revenue increase in concession sales and
Starting next year that are going to sell your movie viewing habits to advertising companies for targeted ad placement within the app you have to use to use movie pass, like YouTube does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they're banking on people signing up for this then not using it.

AMC is worried about getting paid in the future if it sinks, I guess. It's the only reason why they wouldn't be for it. They have been up to this point.

What AMC fears is that people will get used to going to the movies for 10$ a month. If movie pass doesn't work out, whether they increase the price or go under, AMC is worried that people will get sticker shock on the price of having to pay to go to the movies again and people will stop going, losing a huge number of customers because of that , bringing the total number of people going to the movies lower than what it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im not sure if the amount will change. The people paying 10 dollars would definitely NOT pay full price either way, and the people that used to go to the movies paying full price, well they are already used to it.

Back