Need major help, Moderator Please!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, you obviously haven't been on this board long...there are far to many "They Live" fans here for it to be remotely healthy.:monkey5

And I think most of us would agree that JC's Thing is a thing of beauty.:cool:

Yes, that totally made my night!

see, we have a lot more in coomon than I thought!

But hey, I'm wierd because I will guarentee you I am the only one on this board who liked the movie "They Live" with Roddy Piper!

DAMN MAN, i thought you were kinda cool before this statement............sure, us freaks will put up with your "im a hollywood star elbow rubber"........but to call us on our tastes of a horror remake better than though my tastes exceeds your "trailer trash pallets".......oh well just..........:thwak.............and the bigboobed fake blonde you rode in on mister.......:mad:

:lol................im just kidding moe !!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN MAN, i thought you were kinda cool before this statement............sure, us freaks will put up with your "im a hollywood star elbow rubber"........but to call us on our tastes of a horror remake better than though my tastes exceeds your "trailer trash pallets".......oh well just..........:thwak.............and the bigboobed fake blonde you rode in on mister.......:mad:

:lol................im just kidding moe !!!!!!!!!!!

piperlogo.jpg

Them's fighin' words!

I think that is because titanic was at the box over very long and people were looking for a change.

Lost in space claimed they used 100 times the effects of any sci fi movie ever made but even with that it couldn't help the lame story.

Lost in Space disappointed me but AVP bought me back to the box office.

Now I know it's dated and I will probably get a lot of flack for saying this but in my humble opinion, "John Carpenter's, "The Thing" can compete with anything out there today!
Great story, great acting, and atmosphere.
But hey, I'm wierd because I will guarentee you I am the only one on this board who liked the movie "They Live" with Roddy Piper!

Hang out a little longer.... I think you'll find a ton of folks who feel The Thing is an absolute classic, me included.... They Live is also, without a doubt AMAZING... :rock

Back to The Thing comment... who doesn't love that flick???:confused:

Hang out a little longer.... I think you'll find a ton of folks who feel The Thing is an absolute classic, me included.... They Live is also, without a doubt AMAZING... :rock

Back to The Thing comment... who doesn't love that flick???:confused:

Hey I am with you 100% on "The Thing" and "They Live" but many horror purists are trying to compare this to the Howard Hawks version which really isn't fair.
Many people said to me that they didn't like the ending because you were not sure who was the "Thing" and how could they survive with the temperature freezing by the second.
To me, that is what I loved about the movie because I am so sick of happy endings!
I defended"The Thing" and They Live"countless times and it's good to know I am not alone on those issues.

and I love John Carpenter but I call it as I see it and I thought the original version of "Children of the Damned was a classic and should have never been redone because it coudn't hold a candle tothe original!

"As they say in most horror slogans..."Some things are better left alone"

another one of my Favorites was Stephen Kings "The Dead Zone" and "It" which everyone yelled at me for because they didn't understand "IT"

Hey, there's really no right or wrong here cause it's just a matter of personal taste, but if someone asked me to put a sci fi movie on you can bet what it would be..and then I would play "The Hidden"..
Another lost classic!

...I will guarentee you I am the only one on this board who liked the movie "They Live" with Roddy Piper!

I guarantee you that, besides all the other asinine ???? you've posted, this is among the dumbest. I challenge you to find somebody who doesn't like "They Live", not just among board members, but everywhere.

I guarantee you that, besides all the other asinine ???? you've posted, this is among the dumbest. I challenge you to find somebody who doesn't like "They Live", not just among board members, but everywhere.

Ok dude, you need to get the wax out of your ears and listen up.

I said I liked "They Live" very much but have spoken to many, 'THAT WERE NOT ON THIS BOARD" and they said they didn't like it!

I said why...

and I always got the same reasons...

They hated the fact that Keith David got killed, Piper dies, and now that the aliens are exposed the movie just ends?

I loved it!

The second reason is people have said the fight sequence with Piper and Kieth was way way too long.

I loved it and I can honestly say it was one of the most realistic fights I have ever seen!

And I get paid to stunt fight so I know what I am talking about!:mad:

Jesus still here,I thought you were in Cape Cod filming jaws 5 with your Uncle.

Hey I am with you 100% on "The Thing" and "They Live" but many horror purists are trying to compare this to the Howard Hawks version which really isn't fair.
Many people said to me that they didn't like the ending because you were not sure who was the "Thing" and how could they survive with the temperature freezing by the second.
To me, that is what I loved about the movie because I am so sick of happy endings!
I defended"The Thing" and They Live"countless times and it's good to know I am not alone on those issues.

and I love John Carpenter but I call it as I see it and I thought the original version of "Children of the Damned was a classic and should have never been redone because it coudn't hold a candle tothe original!

"As they say in most horror slogans..."Some things are better left alone"

another one of my Favorites was Stephen Kings "The Dead Zone" and "It" which everyone yelled at me for because they didn't understand "IT"

Hey, there's really no right or wrong here cause it's just a matter of personal taste, but if someone asked me to put a sci fi movie on you can bet what it would be..and then I would play "The Hidden"..
Another lost classic!

NTM The Thing having some of the most ground breaking gore/special effects ever to that point.... I love Carpenters version. A remake worthy of the original, IMO.

I think Henry Alveraz worked on that movie also and I thought the special effects were great also.

But I got to tell you,I loved the music too.

Anything that opens up with a 2 note bass line you know is going to be awesome.

But hey, Carpenter is a great musician too.

Back