Need help with masking this piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resident Eric

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm trying to paint this shield into two different blue colors. The part where it's rounded looks to be very difficult to be masked. I don't really want to paint it with a brush unless I have to. Any advice?

They make a paint on mask that would probably work well though I have never used it.

Because I don't like to wait, I often use blue poster tack to mask areas off. Its fast and removes relatively easy.

I use the Blu-tak or Pres-stik, it works very well. Just don't use the cheap ripoffs as these may stain. I also use liquid latex as a masking agent.

gouf.jpg

I used a combination of masking tape and adhesive putty to paint it. Pretty happy with the result.

The paint on mask i'm afraid it will remove the base paint as well. I might just have to mask it slowly when i get to the curve area.

I have used the Humbrol Maskol which is the paint on masking a few times.It sets like latex and just peels off when your done without removing anything underneath.I have always sealed my Paint first anyway with Dullcote before applying just cause i like leave nothing to chance and i have always liked to seal as i progress through a paintjob .:)

Nice result on your piece though,came out great!

Back