Need help in starting a new collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xNico

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new in the field of action figures. I wanted to start my own collection for a long time. Finally I took for it. A lot of good figures prices are extremely high. My budget can't afford it. I wanted to ask you about some important things. I'm waiting for a good advice. So, I'm interested in good quality figures. The price must be decent (to 100-150$ max.). Scale : 1/6 or smaller. I don't mind. Which companies do you recommend? Thank you for all help, I really appreciate it. I hope that I will soon start my collection. :)

Regards, Nico.

Forget 1/6 on that budget, unless you're prepared to be patient. Quality figures just don't happen at that price point.

For an annual budget of $1000 you might be able to pick up 4 high end 1/6 figures, give or take shipping.

Or you can pick up a a dozen or more (depending on the license) 1/12 figures.

Try Bandai/Figuarts, 1/12 scale (6") they do some really cool stuff.

There are some companies like VTS and Threezero that make decent 1/6 figures for under $200 but your options are limited with the range of characters available. Unfortunately, Hot Toys and Sideshow prices are now generally a minimum of $220 a figure but often more than that--not including shipping. Dropping to a smaller scale will definitely enable you to buy more figures at a cheaper price point.

Depends on what you like, and choose from there. As others have said, prices for 1/6 figures are significantly higher than what they were few years before, but honestly it really depends on what your interests are.

Forget 1/6 on that budget, unless you're prepared to be patient. Quality figures just don't happen at that price point.

For an annual budget of $1000 you might be able to pick up 4 high end 1/6 figures, give or take shipping.

Or you can pick up a a dozen or more (depending on the license) 1/12 figures.

Try Bandai/Figuarts, 1/12 scale (6") they do some really cool stuff.

I'll second this, I collect 1/6 figures but I also have a growing army of SH Figuarts nipping at their ankles. Their Iron Man, Star Wars and Kinnikuman lines especially are really fantastic figures across the board.

Another possibility you might want to look into if you like manga and anime are the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 'Super Action Statue' figures from Medicos. Really beautiful things and (mostly) available for affordable prices if you know where to look. Also Mezco's One:12th Collective line is knocking it out of the park and offering something pretty unique for about $60-70 a figure.

There is alot of nice military figures in your price range if you're into that side of sixth scale.

Back