Need help. Hot Toys Aldo or Mech Tony?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

URMonkeyTron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a choice between two Hot Toys figures. Mech Test Tony Stark or Aldo Raine. I'm having a real hard time trying to figure out which to get, so I wanted to ask for some objectionable opinions (well as objectionable as possible.)

Thank you all in advance

IMO Stark. Got all the IM figures and plan on getting all the IM2 figures. Plus Stark is more for your money. But I wasn't really of a IB fan.

both are great figures but if i had to pick one, i'd go with mech tony. but it depends what your more a fan of.

I know you want an either/or answer but I own both...too tough to call.

Do you collect IM or Military?

Both sculpts are some of HT best.

Aldo seems easy to pick-up at a reasonable price now. Mech Test will get pricey pretty quick IMO.

IBas. is not as hot a property as IM

Get Mech Tech Tony 1st, you can pick up Aldo down the line.

what do you like better? Do you care about Inglorious Bastards? Just think which one looks better with your current collection.

Yeah, that's where I'm leaning. I have all the HT IM's so I'd like to continue that line. But at the same time I'm on IM overkill with all IM2 stuff coming. Really I probably will buy both, but the other further down the road. I'm trying to also gauge (which I'm factoring in my decision) what will be closer to the original price when I do get the other one.

Sorry for my annoying indecisiveness....which I suppose is why I'm asking for help.

Last edited:
Aldo Aldo all the way no question at all. It's a way classier piece to own, If you need something Iron man, you just need Iron man himself (Mach 4 is the way to go on that BTW) and extra Iron Man/Tony etc is just if you have extra money to blow.

Aldo's the one you want!

I have the Tony Mech and it's a great piece. Looks even better in person than in pics, especially when the lights are all turned on.

img1065web.jpg

If you collect the IM line like you suggest that you do..stick with the Mech Tony and worry about Aldo later. No question once supply starts running out for Mech Tony, you'll see a sharp increase alot quicker because of the license. IB doesn't have a huge following the same way Iron Man does. The true test for the remaining supply of Aldo figs hinders on Landa's release and if collectors want both figs from IB in their collection when it's said and done.

Personally, I own both figs and prefer Aldo. Not to say Mech Tony isn't any good. It's a great figure and you'll be ecstatic to add either (or both) to your collection. HT knocked it out of the park with both figs. You can't lose either way you decide.

If I had to pick just one fig, then I would go with Mech Suit Tony--this one is just a great value all around: great RDJr HS, highly detailed mech skeleton suit, light up features, a "deluxe" base, and an impressively detailed robot armature accessory.

The Aldo fig is really nice, but for just a smidge more, you get all that Iron Man loot.

Of course, you're a bigger Brad Pitt fan, or are planning to get HT Hans Landa, then maybe Aldo is the better pick? :dunno

I'd want the Basterds if they put out a Donny Donowitz with a baseball bat.

I also want that HT Bruce Lee. Holy crap that's an amazing fig.

personally, get mech test stark for a nicer display, but get aldo for a cooler figure

also, this thread is lame without a poll. :lecture

Back