NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhm....anybody heard from Sallah since the bad news about the 3 pack's under performance? I hope he didn't hop off a bridge or anything. he has been one of the bigger supporters of NECAs POTA line. So I can imagine he's feeling kinda low.

Uhm....anybody heard from Sallah since the bad news about the 3 pack's under performance? I hope he didn't hop off a bridge or anything. he has been one of the bigger supporters of NECAs POTA line. So I can imagine he's feeling kinda low.

Well, that bad news came premature from Randy, He said he would have to check with TRU and Hastings before giving a true assessment of the damage. I have my fingers crossed that we made our mark to continue with Series 4. TRU, from all accounts that I have heard from has totally sold out of all Classic POTA Apes.

Oxnard I'll order your Aldo Tomorrow, Sunday, July 18th for you and will keep you posted.

Well, that bad news came premature from Randy, He said he would have to check with TRU and Hastings before giving a true assessment of the damage. I have my fingers crossed that we made our mark to continue with Series 4. TRU, from all accounts that I have heard from has totally sold out of all Classic POTA Apes.

Oxnard I'll order your Aldo Tomorrow, Sunday, July 18th for you and will keep you posted.

Unfortunatley when I visited my TRU today----they still had Apes. I was the only person who bought a set. All the Mrs. Voorhees and Jasons were gone, all the Terminators were gone...plenty of Apes sets left.:monkey2

Unfortunatley when I visited my TRU today----they still had Apes. I was the only person who bought a set. All the Mrs. Voorhees and Jasons were gone, all the Terminators were gone...plenty of Apes sets left.:monkey2

Dr. Phibes, I love Vincent Price! Which classic apes did they have? Was it All or just series 3, and how many Series 3 did they have? Maybe Neca tried to sweeten the market by giving the TRU with poor sales the figures? Not sure why we never received in CT. I'm glad we were able to get direct from Necaa, just wish their shipping costs were cheaper.

I never checked to see if any of the TRUs in my area re-stocked after the buy out. Was there any re-stocking of this item... anywhere?

Here's what Randy tweeted about two hours ago. Not good:

Outlook is not good. Sales were soft all over. Weakest of the exclusives & we made 50% less of apes than the rest.

Well i guess its safe to say, farewell to the planet of the apes! We all here tryed our hardest to consume as many figs as we could but it wasnt enough i guess.i went to another toysrus last night and they had 1 bundle ,10 gorilla 2 packs, 5 zauis v.1 and about 4 mego gorillas.

Here's what Randy tweeted about two hours ago. Not good:

Outlook is not good. Sales were soft all over. Weakest of the exclusives & we made 50% less of apes than the rest.

the $75 price tag had something to do with that, the others exclusives were $30 and Jason / mother vorhees were $50, so naturally people would buy the cheaper exclusives before the apes. hope and pray neca makes at least one more series.

Their regular Apes figures are $20-$25 each depending on the retailer so the $75 price tag for the set was pretty reasonable. Should have just done a carded variant figure and called it a day. They won't make the mistake of offering a box set again.

Dr. Phibes, I love Vincent Price! Which classic apes did they have? Was it All or just series 3, and how many Series 3 did they have? Maybe Neca tried to sweeten the market by giving the TRU with poor sales the figures? Not sure why we never received in CT. I'm glad we were able to get direct from Necaa, just wish their shipping costs were cheaper.

Well, I am in the middle of nowheresville, Ohio. They had 4 sets the day I went in of the 3 pack ex. I bought one. My wife and I just went back in yesterday looking for a birthday present, and I thoguht I would take a gander at the wall. 3 sets of 3 pack apes, all other exclusives gone. I was the only guy who shucked out the $75 clams for apes. I wouldve been semi contented with a Taylor, Nova and a mutant. But it looks like thats not to be.

They have no other Apes and havent for awhile.

Yeah I guess no bloody Lawgiver statue variant. That should have been the Con exclusive. I mean if you are gonna shell out $75 anyway might as well be for the statue.

I got back today to find the Lawgiver, 3 Neca 8" Gorillas, and my Dr. Mego Order waiting for me. The Lawgiver is amazing! I am very happy to be able to add him to my collection.

I don't think the way they offered series 3 had anything to do with poor sales. I think this property just has a limited audience interested in purchasing action figures based on it. I'm glad we got what we did but it will be sad to see it go.

I just got back from Tradesmart which is owned by Hastings and they were almost all sold out of Series 3. They had one Caesar and one Aldo left. Poor sales my ass. They just put out a case of them yesterday. Also my Toys R Us is sold out of the 3-packs.

I just got back from Tradesmart which is owned by Hastings and they were almost all sold out of Series 3. They had one Caesar and one Aldo left. Poor sales my ass. They just put out a case of them yesterday. Also my Toys R Us is sold out of the 3-packs.
I agree I laugh at how the bundle pack has been out for 2 weeks and NECA is stating low sales! 2 weeks they expect this thing to sell out!!! Also does anyone know about the Lawgivers sales because I damn well know for sure that piece sold out fast, however I dont here Neca talk about its sales for that item? I've said it once here and i'll say it again, I wanted to buy a storm trooper black series forever and everytime I go to target, toysrus, they have had the exact same figues sitting on the shelves collecting dust! Why does Neca expect this series to just fly off the shelves? If series 1 was in a bundle pack this line would have never moved beyond that point! The gorilla soldier sold out like there was no tomorrow. Seires 3 Gorilla would have been a repeat of that if it was sold separately, but lets say if people wanted 10 of these figures 3 bundles would be 750.. where as 10 separately would cost 200 bucks not including tax. I'm not sure why Neca did raise the price on these for if the line is dying you don't wanna raise the price, smarter to lower it. Sorry to rant but it sucks how this line has meant alot to me and the figures are so amazing! im gonna try and take a photo of my collection to post on here, hopefully neca can see the time and money i and everyone else here has invested in this line! Anyway heres a quick photo i took enjoy!

You should also post your pictures on their Twitter page... to show them how much they mean to you.

Just for kicks, I went to the closest TRU in my area. The only exclusive they have left is those horrible Pacific Rim figures. The rest is all gone. My son bought the last General Ursus they had in order to make a Urko custom. All they have left are 5 gorilla two packs and two Dr. Zaius (version 2). I would have bought another Zaius (I'm thinking of making another Zaius using the body of version 1 with the head of version 2) but the paint jobs are SO awful I can't quite comm it to the purchase.

Great job on the horses Matt!

PZ did you get your LawGiver yet?
This guy is great, I can't wait to display him in the village square.
I bought some bandoliers from Dr. Mego. I put them on 3 of my 8" Gorillas.

IMG_6155_Adam%20Odell_Stickman%20Planet%20of%20the%20Apes_%20Neca.jpg

IMG_6171_Adam%20Odell_Stickman%20Planet%20of%20the%20Apes_%20Neca.jpg

IMG_6173_Adam%20Odell_Stickman%20Planet%20of%20the%20Apes_%20Neca.jpg

IMG_6145_Adam%20Odell_Stickman%20Planet%20of%20the%20Apes_%20Neca.jpg

17a32fb5-440b-46eb-b904-d668a1fde8e3.jpg

PZ, I don't have a Tweeter account, can you post the pictures?

Looks great, Sticks!

My Lawgiver is en route... he is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday.

Did you guys see the WIP by Kevin Massie that was posted on NECA's Twitter page?

CKUU6FhWEAAfQM-.jpg

Very cool!

Last edited:
Back