NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a bad feeling the next kaiju will be axehead or scunner, either way it'll mean neca gets to re use most of the knifehead figure. If Slattern and Otachi's off the table for now i hope the next figure they make is Raiju, or even better Onibaba.

i have a bad feeling the next kaiju will be axehead or scunner, either way it'll mean neca gets to re use most of the knifehead figure. If Slattern and Otachi's off the table for now i hope the next figure they make is Raiju, or even better Onibaba.

I have a feeling you're right. It will be one of those two, since it's just a head swap.

I think the 18" will only be Gipsy and Knifehead... too much R&D goes in to these figures an while the PR line has been selling great, I don't think it will be as popular for larger figures.

I do look forward to getting series 3 which most likely will be yet another Gipsy Danger variant I am sure... like withot an arm or something like that... Cherno Alpha and as others have said, most likely Axehead.

Coyote Tango is on the list for Series 3 I believe.
So it would be, Cherno, Coyote, and who knows what Kaiju. Axehead would the wise choice for them for sure since it will only need a little retool.

Only saw this film for the first time tonight. Good fun....don't think it translates to figures very well though. They look especially childish to me. No one else think that?

I was focussed more on the Jaegers actually. They look barely above happy meal toys to me. This coming from a NECA collector.

I was focussed more on the Jaegers actually. They look barely above happy meal toys to me. This coming from a NECA collector.

I don't know what awesome Happy Meal toys they have in Ireland, but here, we don't have ones that cool... :lol

Do you have any of them?
They are not on the same level of some of Neca's best, but with such limited options for such an amazing movie, I think they are pretty cool!

I don't and haven't seen them in person so I could be wrong. I dunno maybe its just not conducive to low-end replication on such small figures.

Only saw this film for the first time tonight. Good fun....don't think it translates to figures very well though. They look especially childish to me. No one else think that?

I think the problem is taking a cgi model that's techincally like, 200 feet tall and shrinking it down to a 7 inch figure. I do believe NECA admitted at one point a lot of detail is going to be lost on the smaller figures, which is where the 18 inch figures come in supposedly.

Or maybe i don't know how cgi works.

I think the problem is taking a cgi model that's techincally like, 200 feet tall and shrinking it down to a 7 inch figure. I do believe NECA admitted at one point a lot of detail is going to be lost on the smaller figures, which is where the 18 inch figures come in supposedly.

I really hope 18" Gipsy is improved over the 7" version, despite it's imminent release we haven't gotten any package photos or final production pics.

Having some fun with mine...

pacrim.jpg

-Zoid

Cool composition!!:clap

I think part of the problem is a 200 foot tall robot does not transition well when made with very soft McFarlane style action figure plastic.
soft plastic is OK for human figures aliens predators and anything with organic lines. But for something metallic with hard angles and sharp lines you need to use harder plastics like the ones used in Japanese model companies like Bandai‘s Gundam kits and Robot toys.
I agree these robots do have a very childish quality look to them.
I'm hoping the larger 18 inch figure will help capture the look and feel better.

Back