NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. Thats a wrap on 2017. It wasn't a bad year all in all. Just a bit of a dud to end it.
Good luck in 2018 everyone. Hopefully we get what we really wanted then.

Im betting the new 1/2 scale figure line is what he's referring to as game changer. They announced a deadpool, and I would by pretty surprised if they dont do an Alien and or Predator in that line

Yeah I was being sarcastic. These aren't exactly what I would call game changers. There's obviously people out there that like this sort of thing though. I'm not into the neon colored video game/comic Aliens myself. I want figures from the movies, specifically the first two.

Yeah no I got that, for me around when you posted I was looking at them and kind of bummed. But then I thought of them next too all the different styles they have given us for 24$ bucks is to me very cool. I can get about 7 of them for the price of a hot toys is my angle. And just for fun , Neca is a game changer to me period

Sorry to change the subject but didn't someone here post pictures of their collection featuring a couple of figures being hung up from the ceiling by wires or fishing line? I've run out of shelf space so I wanted to explore this option but I'm not sure how to do it. If anyone here can give me some pointers I would really appreciate it.

Yeah no I got that, for me around when you posted I was looking at them and kind of bummed. But then I thought of them next too all the different styles they have given us for 24$ bucks is to me very cool. I can get about 7 of them for the price of a hot toys is my angle. And just for fun , Neca is a game changer to me period

This is how I see things too, with you 100%. Even if folks are not fans of every different style they do, you have to appreciate the diversity of the line, and the efforts NECA goes through to keep things fresh. I cant think of any other action figure line that comes close to doing this at the level NECA does.

Sorry to change the subject but didn't someone here post pictures of their collection featuring a couple of figures being hung up from the ceiling by wires or fishing line? I've run out of shelf space so I wanted to explore this option but I'm not sure how to do it. If anyone here can give me some pointers I would really appreciate it.

I think there was someone here who hangs them from fishing line and thumbtacks on the wall. Makes it look like the aliens are crawling up or down the walls, and is pretty cool!

Im betting the new 1/2 scale figure line is what he's referring to as game changer. They announced a deadpool, and I would by pretty surprised if they dont do an Alien and or Predator in that line

This would actually be pretty cool, since it's still a plastic articulated figure and not a foam piece.

But then I thought, hold on... If their doing these massive plastic figures which will be pretty damn expensive, what's their excuse for not making an to scale APC again?

It's no bigger (in some ways) than deadpool will be, make it hollow for all I care.

Even if it's more expensive than these 1/2 scale figures, I can see neca doing this one day since they are now exploring very large scale expensive plastic products.

Has anybody else been having problems with neca's shipping? I bought the sdcc dutch, sewer alien and a kenner vasquez on day one of the presales for the sdcc exclusives and today i received my package with only a bent card sewer alien. This is the 2nd shipment in a row i havent received what i was suppose to. Its bad enough we deal with qc issues, overpriced shipping and now they are screwing up shipments? Both the dutch and vas are since sold out so i don't know what is going to happen and with sdcc kicking off it may be next week before i hear back from them. Argh!

Well, that's it, I'm done with being a completist. I thought Pizza Alien was going to be the last straw, but I went ahead and ordered it because I wanted to get the year end figure. But the following wave, featuring four retreads (I'll pick up the jacket Ripley, but I don't need another Vaz, and I definitely don't need more dumb battle damaged Aliens) was the straw that broke the camel's back. Looking at what is coming down the pike (more video game figures) I can feel only relief. I've thrown a major portion of my collection up on eBay, as I just don't care about this stuff anymore. I'll still buy any unique characters that they release from the first two films (super stoked about Burke, and Lambert should be waiting for me when I get home) but life is too short and money is too finite to keep buying a bunch of junk I don't really care about. I didn't even like the Kenner figures the first time around!

Congrats to those who were hoping for these AvP figs, hope they knock them out of the park. But for me, there is only the feeling of a relieved wallet.

Well, that's it, I'm done with being a completist. I thought Pizza Alien was going to be the last straw, but I went ahead and ordered it because I wanted to get the year end figure. But the following wave, featuring four retreads (I'll pick up the jacket Ripley, but I don't need another Vaz, and I definitely don't need more dumb battle damaged Aliens) was the straw that broke the camel's back. Looking at what is coming down the pike (more video game figures) I can feel only relief. I've thrown a major portion of my collection up on eBay, as I just don't care about this stuff anymore. I'll still buy any unique characters that they release from the first two films (super stoked about Burke, and Lambert should be waiting for me when I get home) but life is too short and money is too finite to keep buying a bunch of junk I don't really care about. I didn't even like the Kenner figures the first time around!

Congrats to those who were hoping for these AvP figs, hope they knock them out of the park. But for me, there is only the feeling of a relieved wallet.

I couldn't agree more, i'm done with the neca club after year end because i am not going to pay any more money on lazy kool aid/ money grab repaints/ rehashes of figures like these avp arcade figures i have no interest in. Good for those who like this kind of stuff but its not for me and many, many fellow collectors. I wonder how much this kenner stuff and the neca club will end up turning off collectors, i know im sick of it already. I didn't even say what i think of the cameron(game changer) figure - lol.

I couldn't agree more, i'm done with the neca club after year end because i am not going to pay any more money on lazy kool aid/ money grab repaints or figures like these avp arcade figures i have no interest in. Good for those who like this kind of stuff but its not for me and many, many fellow collectors. I wonder how much this kenner stuff and the neca club will end up turning off collectors, i know im sick of it already. I didn't even say what i think of the cameron(game changer) figure - lol.

HA, yeah, I didn't mention the Cameron figure, but suffice to say, it's not a pickup for me either!

I wouldnt say that the AvP arcade figures are lazy, they feature alot of new sculpted parts. But I can understand why people arent interested in them

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I wouldnt say that the AvP arcade figures are lazy, they feature alot of new sculpted parts. But I can understand why people arent interested in them

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Oh no, when i mean lazy repaints i'm mainly talking about the rainbow of colors they are making out of the existing aliens. The arcade figures are repaints with minor retooling from what i've seen with the exception of the one with the extendable head. Again, its just my opinion but i just care for the movie figures and don't like the other stuff with the exception of a few game figures.

Oh no, when i mean lazy repaints i'm mainly talking about the rainbow of colors they are making out of the existing aliens. The arcade figures are repaints with minor retooling from what i've seen with the exception of the one with the extendable head. Again, its just my opinion but i just care for the movie figures and don't like the other stuff with the exception of a few game figures.

Exactly the same here. I actually think they're kinda neat looking, but they're just not something I need to own. I've decided to just stick to the first two movies, it's easier on the heart and wallet. We'll see how I do. lol

I think there was someone here who hangs them from fishing line and thumbtacks on the wall. Makes it look like the aliens are crawling up or down the walls, and is pretty cool!

That was meeee! Glad my pictures are remembered by some. :)
Yes, I simply use clear thumb tacks and fishing line to make the aliens look like they are crawling on the walls/ceiling or leaping in mid-air. Super easy to do once you get the hang of it. Just make sure you use adequate fishing line and find a physical balance that works with the desired pose.

Here are some photos as examples. They aren't in chronological order, but you can see how I have been progressively filling up the space.

C8B8msn.jpg

nnAe3HB.jpg

aFFlLQJ.jpg

MuB466Z.jpg

axkY80K.jpg

Attachments

• MuB466Z.jpg
    MuB466Z.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 123
That was meeee! Glad my pictures are remembered by some. :)
Yes, I simply use clear thumb tacks and fishing line to make the aliens look like they are crawling on the walls/ceiling or leaping in mid-air. Super easy to do once you get the hang of it. Just make sure you use adequate fishing line and find a physical balance that works with the desired pose.

Here are some photos as examples. They aren't in chronological order, but you can see how I have been progressively filling up the space.

C8B8msn.jpg

nnAe3HB.jpg

aFFlLQJ.jpg

MuB466Z.jpg

axkY80K.jpg

Your pics are exactly what I was remembering, nice to see the collection progressing man!

Thinking that the Arcade figures might not be part of the actual Aliens series lineup. Has not been given a series number - same with the predator arcade figures. Could be something separate like the recent predator anniversary wave. This would mean club members don't have to make the purchase?

SDCC-2017-NECA-Aliens-and-Predator-048.jpg

SDCC-2017-NECA-Aliens-and-Predator-039.jpg

SDCC-2017-NECA-Aliens-and-Predator-006.jpg

Could just be that they haven't confirmed what series they will be yet though, but if this was the case they should atleast know for predator Q4.

Back