NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still bitter that it's a Cameron figure we're getting and not Drake or Goreman. It's like NECA has selective hearing when it comes to releasing things (a majority) of people ask for.
I don't really like those game predators, but the Aliens I'll definitely pick up. I hope NECA will eventually get the license to do AVP 2010 figures. That'd be an actual game changer in my mind because of all the variety it'd bring for the USCM, Xeno, and Predator lines.

Pretty sure we've seen everything from SDCC now

Not sure a lot of you saw this, but Randy did tweet this before SDCC:

Tweet: "Hi, can we expect new colonial marines like Drake, Apone, Gorman, Ferro, Dietrich, Spunkmeyer"

Neca: "We can only do those who we have the rights for or those who want to participate. None of those are in development currently"

Someone joked: "Meaning...development may already be completed on some...?"

man, if I was a Neca completist I'd be pissed. Glad I buy only the ones I personally want. I wouldn't want any of those, and yes I did play the games, I still have them on my MAME system. Always thought those 90's AvP games kinda meh. Sure I do give credit to them with new molds and detail but character selection and build up for their big reveal...letdown...

0a3a7c9902c38fd485ec5cd2f26e6e82.jpg

Just in case this wasn't posted, Ripley in bomber jacket

man, if I was a Neca completist I'd be pissed. Glad I buy only the ones I personally want. I wouldn't want any of those, and yes I did play the games, I still have them on my MAME system. Always thought those 90's AvP games kinda meh. Sure I do give credit to them with new molds and detail but character selection and build up for their big reveal...letdown...

I agree , I love there figures but unless something pops out in the end here they should not say the had a game changer. The arcade figures are very cool but that's about all the are very cool.
They have gave us a lot of stuff in the past though. If they just stopped making figures I would be ok with my collection

I got wave 11 yesterday and my "free" club reward space base. I will say that Lambert is cool even though they used the same mold/height of Dallas & Kane - we all knew they would. The headsculpt of lambert with her cap is incredibly well done, i really have to tip my hat to neca on both headsculpts. IMO 2 of the best sculpts they have ever done.

Anyway, if anybody is looking for a sdcc exclusive sewer alien, blue alien from wave 11 and the exclusive piece for the space base let me know before they go to e bay. I'm always looking for trades but want to move the 3 pieces together.

... i'm mainly talking about the rainbow of colors they are making out of the existing aliens. ...

Whatever do you mean? :p

From Twitter:
Kriplette
@stuart_irvin Jul 18

Fear the rainbow. @NECA_TOYS

rainbowaliens.jpg

I think they've had a good show overall, perhaps just not much left after the pre-show reveals for us Aliens fans. Surprised at the Guillermo del Toro line. Looks like the Laika line will be taking up a lot of their time too, figures look incredible.

NECA-AvP-Arcade-Aliens-002.jpg

I have to say, the quality of those Arcade aliens is impressive, "Razor Claws" especially. His head sculpt reminds me of the old Simon Bisley/Chris Halls/Cunningham artwork I always found creepy.

NECAAVPArcadeBisleyHallsCunninghamComparison.jpg

I'm almost tempted (that is, if I don't have to buy one anyway as part of the Club), despite having no affection/affiliation with the game. Of course, remains to see if they can match that paint in production.

Mates, I just hope we are getting one big OMG reveal at the tail end of SDCC. If the game changer is indeed the arcade aliens and predators I would be ticked off.

I was still hoping too, but I feel like it's over now. Read too much into the game changer comment, shouldn't of let myself get so hyped.

I'm pleased with what's coming. Shows no sign of stopping, so they'll continue to trickle feed us movie fans what we really want.

I got wave 11 yesterday and my "free" club reward space base.

Thought you was in the UK? But didn't think anyone's got their club stuff yet over here.

UK distributor gets in series 11 on Monday, starting to become a joke if club members are waiting much past retail buyers.

Thought you was in the UK? But didn't think anyone's got their club stuff yet over here.

UK distributor gets in series 11 on Monday, starting to become a joke if club members are waiting much past retail buyers.

Hah, I've made that same mistake. I don't know where we both got the idea.

No, i think a lot of people think i'm in the UK - lol! Nope, I'm in the US of A and even though Neca screwed up my sdcc order and only shipped me 1 of the 3 figures i ordered on day 1 of presales i am happy to say only 1 day later they fixed the issue and mailed out the rest of my order to make things right. That being said i'm sorry for being negative towards neca in my posts yesterday since they took care of me today.:)

I totally agree with you, i wish they would stick to the core of the movie lines but that's just me - and a lot of others i guess.

Given how though they tend to drop lines really quickly if they are not profitable enough in their eyes we may see them only doing maybe one wave or two and then if its not turning a profit just cancel it. They are notorious for it.

If this is indeed their final showing at SDCC then I cannot say I am completely disappointed. The arcade aliens are a nice surprise after thinking about it and seeing more pics and the news of the Laika and Pan licences is a nice surprise. As a huge fan or Paranorman I cannot wait to see what characters they are doing from that movie.

Back