NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit, reckon my Alien 3 order must be in customs. I feel like it should have been here by now otherwise.

And I wonder was it that one extra figure that put it over the threshold...in which case I now wish I had been able to omit the ''grey'' Dog Alien from the case

I'm getting my replacement Weyland Yutani Commando stickers and Ripley A3 arms sent to me thanks to Neca customer service. Have you guys had problems with the sleeved arms or decals? All my stickers stuck to the packaging and were damaged when I removed them and the wrist peg broke when I tried to rotate it.

in that case could the problem be that you were given brown aliens for grey variants from the beginning? :lol

No this is what I'm trying to tell you guys! I'm the seller, I sold those two Grey Dogs and the customer wouldn't believe at the start that they were the Grey versions... Because NECA did a ****ing **** job of making them Grey!

But these are 100% the Grey dogs so take another look at this pic below and ask yourself if you've been conned or are going to buy the Grey....

Alien dogs brown.jpg

I know it's hard to believe but these are the Grey Alien Variants and because they are barely different most people think they are the brown versions. In hand they look only marginally more grey than these pics. These are basically only one shade lighter than the original brown and this is what I'm trying to say it's crap!

...I have only seen some pics of the "grey" Dog Alien, and I can't tell from the in-package pic above so I must ask, does the re-released brown Dog have yellow or silver teeth? Also, the original release had a line in some near the front, is that still there?

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Thought you actually had the Grey which was why you was able to compare and make the comment that they are clearly different.... anyway Brown has the yellow and the Silver has silver teeth. Like someone else said earlier it's actually the best way to tell which one's which. So yes those two in-package pics above.... those are the grey versions you can just about make out the silver teeth...

I'm getting my replacement Weyland Yutani Commando stickers and Ripley A3 arms sent to me thanks to Neca customer service. Have you guys had problems with the sleeved arms or decals? All my stickers stuck to the packaging and were damaged when I removed them and the wrist peg broke when I tried to rotate it.

I only opened one of the 2 I ordered, but my decals also stuck the package and were damaged.

Someone posted this image on twitter yesterday:

"New grey alien 3. Thanks for the variation."

View attachment 276359

Think this guy was being sarcastic? What "variation" it looks incredibly similar to the brown, only slightly lighter and silver teeth.

Either way NECA retweeted it.

fa03ad01f13a5f3db6772c6532fe7415.jpg
Here's my brown and gray dog alien side by side. I can definitely tell the difference between them. My brown dog from the previous series also has a purple tint to its head dome which seems to be remedied in the gray dog.

A my decals were stuck to the package as well so a few were damaged. The decals that are still visible are the red arrows, 'Cruncher', 'Animal' and '10', and aside from what looks to say 'Hunter', I can't tell what the other names say as it's been torn off.

Does anyone know where the number 10 decal is supposed to go?

file.php

A my decals were stuck to the package as well so a few were damaged. The decals that are still visible are the red arrows, 'Cruncher', 'Animal' and '10', and aside from what looks to say 'Hunter', I can't tell what the other names say as it's been torn off.

Does anyone know where the number 10 decal is supposed to go?

The '10' is an alternative to the arrows. It was featured on TE's concept art. I don't think it ever was seen on screen.

"Cruncher" actually had red stars instead of arrows, for whatever its worth...

Thought you actually had the Grey which was why you was able to compare and make the comment that they are clearly different.... anyway Brown has the yellow and the Silver has silver teeth. Like someone else said earlier it's actually the best way to tell which one's which. So yes those two in-package pics above.... those are the grey versions you can just about make out the silver teeth...
... I said "clearly" judging by the pics I've seen. I reckon in hand might be more noticeable.

I might be tempted to get this slightly gray washed version then. Never liked the yellow teeth and I have to confirm but from pics I've seen it looks more suit accurate

Here's my brown and gray dog alien side by side. I can definitely tell the difference between them. My brown dog from the previous series also has a purple tint to its head dome which seems to be remedied in the gray dog.
... thank you! See, they look different, and I want crazy about the people tint in the dome. Definitely getting the "gray" version then. I know it's posing and confusing some people but I like that color scheme more.
I just wish NECA would have released only this version instead of two so similar variants

Thanks for taking the time and getting another comparison pic on here, that actually looks better than the case I had. I'm hoping that it's only certain batches that might have less of the grey paint, but I know at the same time it's not just me and a few others that are having problems with this

Silver paint is more reflective with flash though so you'll have to tell us if it looks darker / more faded than in this pic?

Got mine and I have to agree that this is not a very good variant. If you put them side by side you can tell the difference, but it is VERY slight. The gray should have been far more pronounced and noticeable like it was in the promo shots.

67l3sg.jpg

Is anyone planning to attend this year's SDCC? If so, perhaps they could get a few Newt figures for us overseas members... Although I expect it will be hard to get them, what with demand and low stock...

...their Marines kinda suck though

That they do. Nothing some patience and paint...and sculpting can't fix.
Same scale as the hot toys snap kits marines though. Get em all in a group and they start looking like they need some transportation.

Back