NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy will insist they're scaling the Aliens and Predators right if the topic was put to him on twitter. But I believe the KPH Predators are definitely undersized considering he's still the tallest guy ever to play one - correct me if I'm wrong. And the Aliens are being made some fantasy scale - I don't think any attention is being paid to the height of the actors in the suits.

The Alien "Big Chap" specs

Product Features
9 inches (22.86cm)
•Made of plastic
•40th Anniversary
•New sculpt and tons of detail
•Over 30 points of articulation, including double knee joints and bendable tail
•Display-friendly window box with opening flap

Not to stray off topic folks. The Mafex is a good scale w/the 1:12 (6 inch) figures I think.

As for the Neca 9 inch alien.....:dunno

The scale thing is always a bit touchy. First of all it is important to remember NECA figures are 7 inch figures (1:10 scale), not the 6".

-If you are a "actual height" guy, you can do the math on Badejo (7 foot 2 inches - Plus the height of prop head) and see 9 inches is close to perfectly scaled.
-If you are a "the story says it" guy, Ripley refers to an "8 foot creature" in A3. That would be a hair over 9 and a half inches.

Randy will insist they're scaling the Aliens and Predators right if the topic was put to him on twitter. But I believe the KPH Predators are definitely undersized considering he's still the tallest guy ever to play one - correct me if I'm wrong. And the Aliens are being made some fantasy scale - I don't think any attention is being paid to the height of the actors in the suits.

The predator scaling issues are def more messed up. Not only should the over 7ft real life status of KPH and Ian Whyte (plus head/masks) have led to 9 inch predators, some of the effects in the films would imply the 'character' of the predator was even bigger than the actual actors playing them.

I have no concerns on scaling the Aliens (except the newborn. sheesh). The preds, however, have always been criminally undersized.

I wish Randy would at least humour us and make a bigger JH and CH regardless of his own convictions that they're big enough. Another excuse to put out top selling characters again, why not?

A lot of us were hoping that NECA would take inspiration from the superior head sculpt of the MAFEX Big Chap and give us something similarly impressive for the Ultimate 40th Anniversary re-release, right? Well, apparently NECA did make an effort to copy certain aspects of MAFEX version... just not the aspects that we wanted.:rotfl

xenobeak.jpg

I wish Randy would at least humour us and make a bigger JH and CH regardless of his own convictions that they're big enough. Another excuse to put out top selling characters again, why not?

Maybe they sell well enough with the current molds. More profitable to keep using them.

I'm just waiting for them to send their A&P figures to the factory handling Pan's Labyrinth, but that'll probably never happen.

The scale thing is always a bit touchy. First of all it is important to remember NECA figures are 7 inch figures (1:10 scale), not the 6".

-If you are a "actual height" guy, you can do the math on Badejo (7 foot 2 inches - Plus the height of prop head) and see 9 inches is close to perfectly scaled.
-If you are a "the story says it" guy, Ripley refers to an "8 foot creature" in A3. That would be a hair over 9 and a half inches.

The predator scaling issues are def more messed up. Not only should the over 7ft real life status of KPH and Ian Whyte (plus head/masks) have led to 9 inch predators, some of the effects in the films would imply the 'character' of the predator was even bigger than the actual actors playing them.

I have no concerns on scaling the Aliens (except the newborn. sheesh). The preds, however, have always been criminally undersized.

I forgot the scale of the Neca figs are 7 inch scale sorry. Just like the Marvel Select line. :slap

Toyark posted the Alien Newborn gallery today. My first reaction was "why is so translucent?" My other concern is related to those thin and fragile leg joints. No way they will support the weight of the figure, without the stand. Adding their dynamic figure stand made this a deluxe release, I guess. On top of that, they will be already strained from the way they packed the figure in a box too small for its size. I'm looking at the lowest leg segment - it's bent to the max.

Resurrection-Newborn-Alien-005.jpg

Resurrection-Newborn-Alien-035.jpg

Toyark posted the Alien Newborn gallery today. My first reaction was "why is so translucent?" My other concern is related to those thin and fragile leg joints. No way they will support the weight of the figure, without the stand. Adding their dynamic figure stand made this a deluxe release, I guess. On top of that, they will be already strained from the way they packed the figure in a box too small for its size. I'm looking at the lowest leg segment - it's bent to the max.

View attachment 463067

View attachment 463069

Yeah... the usual NECA soft plastic + thin legs + awkward packaging = bent limbs...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sculpt looks great but Im not a fan of the translucent plastic and the paint effect. Never likes it on Rambo, a few Predators Lost Predators, etc. It looks half finished in the review. Too much white. Now I do not have it inhand so my opinion can change!!

Looks very good.
The joint in the middle of the head is a bit distracting, but otherwise, it looks like a solid release.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

i know, couldn't find that function in photoshop :( a properly proportioned predator is a bonus to compensate for that.

Back