NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Look, I'm telling ya, there's somethin' movin' and it ain't us!"

Next up from the collection photo shoot is NECA's 1/4 scale Alien Warrior from the classic 1986 film, and my favourite of the Alien franchise - Aliens!

_DSC3120a.jpg

I wanted one but didn't buy it when I heard they still hadn't found a way to stop the legs from warping even at 1:4 scale.

I also passed, but mostly because it came out around the same time as the hot toys warrior v2. I didn't need two big 'blue' things. Now, if it ever is re-released in brown, then I'd be all over it.

"Look, I'm telling ya, there's somethin' movin' and it ain't us!"

Next up from the collection photo shoot is NECA's 1/4 scale Alien Warrior from the classic 1986 film, and my favourite of the Alien franchise - Aliens!

View attachment 457757

such a great looking figure.. I had to bail out of the 1/4 line right around when this was released, but I really do wish I could've snagged one.

The accuracy and detail on these rivals those of high end statues.
I *had* to have them.

Although.... I feel like I've been waiting forever for a Dog alien 1/4th scale figure considering that I own the Big Chap and Warrior.

It fits in an Ox, with plenty of wiggle room, just fine...

ZiHDJXU.jpg

Assembly cut is the true sequel to Alien before Aliens made them “shoot up up” fodder that spawned more “shoot em up” movies…A4, AVP and sequel!!
Don’t get me wrong, ALIENS is one of the best sequels ever but it came with a price!!

The OX was dead wasn't it? Seems the alien doesn't need the host to still be alive, at least not after a certain point in its development.

The OX was dead wasn't it? Seems the alien doesn't need the host to still be alive, at least not after a certain point in its development.

The Ox was dead. Heart attack or something shortly before the "birth." Ever since I first saw the assembly cut, it's bugged me that it wasn't alive. Just doesn't seem to work with the rest of the established life-cycle canon. It's part of the reason I think the dog works better. I also think the "new life" scene with the dog works better interspersed with the funeral, and I think the grimness of poor Spike's fate works better with the nihilism of the rest of the movie.

Last edited:
The Ox was dead. Heart attack or something shortly before the "birth." Ever since I first saw the assembly cut, it's bugged me that it wasn't alive. Just doesn't seem to work with the rest of the established life-cycle canon. It's part of the reason I think the dog works better. I also think the "new life" scene with the dog works better interspersed with the funeral, and I think the grimness of poor Spike's fate works better with the nihilism of the rest of the movie.

Spike's owner still calls the dog's name in the assembly cut when looking down the shaft. But if you haven't seen the theatrical, you wouldn't know who or what he's referring to.

Agreed, I prefer the scenes with spike over the ox. That bit when old mate holds up the queen face hugger and then never mentions it to anyone is fairly stupid.

But I do like the the outside scenes & the Ox train salvaging the EEV.

How do I differentiate a bootleg 1/4 warrior from a real one?

-Shipping from China is your first clue. Not 100% foolproof, but getting one from a north american shipper increases your odds greatly of the real deal.
-"Too cheap". Real ones are sold out and demand of sold out stuff usually makes it cost more. If you see a "new" cheap product years after it sold out, it is likely a newly made bootleg.
-No packaging is another warning sign. Many bootlegs just ship in bags/loose
-If there is packaging, does it actually say "NECA" on it anywhere? (There are some fancy packaged 7" warriors out there, but the NECA logo is missing on them.)
-Stock photos instead of pics of the actual product is a good warning sign (especially if the stock photo has no 'neca' branding)
-If there are pics of the actual product, really examine how the paint looks. Lots of good photos of 'real' ones here, so compare the dry brush technique. Crap paint is is a telltale sign, as are misaligned parts like the jaw, but again those aren't foolproof. Even real neca has a few quality control issues.

If you start seeing multiple instances of the above issues, then it is almost certainly a boot leg.

I'm getting him in the mail tomorrow I think. Bought it from someone in Belgium (I live in the Netherlands) who claims it is an original unopened neca figure. The photo he used was his own (I did a reverse image search) and appeared to be the real one. Price was 130€.

After I bought it from him a few days ago his ad is still up which is why I started suspecting it to be a fake. I looked it up on eBay and saw a bunch of Chinese retailers asking the same price for him. Once I get him in the mail I'll post some pictures.

Link to the ad: https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/verzamelen/poppetjes-en-figuurtjes/m1419421258-neca-18-inch-aliens-xenomorph-warrior-figuur-ongeopend.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

Last edited:
Spike's owner still calls the dog's name in the assembly cut when looking down the shaft. But if you haven't seen the theatrical, you wouldn't know who or what he's referring to.

That's because some idiot added the dialogue from that line from the theatrical version into the 2010 Blu-Ray version of the assembly cut.

Agreed, I prefer the scenes with spike over the ox. That bit when old mate holds up the queen face hugger and then never mentions it to anyone is fairly stupid.

But I do like the the outside scenes & the Ox train salvaging the EEV.
I like those scenes a lot, too. And Clemens finding Ripley on the beach gives their relationship an added dimension. I feel like if there were ever a true Director's Cut it might have most of the assembly cut stuff but sub in everything with Spike, sort of like the old Special Edition VHS from the '90s.

The two quick lice shots are great too, the bit when Dance throws down his coat is super gross. I can't believe they cut that out of the theatrical.

Cool. I see you managed to get the exclusive Newt and Colonel Cameron so I'm sure you'll get John Connor. I never got the Cameron figure myself, not sure there's any genuine ones on ebay, they all seem to be chinese knockoffs.

Just seen this dude! Yeah surprisingly Colonel Cameron was only £24.99 from Ebay and the exclusive Newt I got from Amazon U.S , was less than $60 with shipping etc! Was really glad to find it so cheap! I can't remember the actual cost, I'll go through my amazon and let you know, I was shocked how cheap it was on Amazon U.S!

Just got some custom floor grates to go with my alien battle scene, i'l post pics later :)

Edit: $29.94 alone but with shipping around $40/$45 I think so great deal

Last edited:
My new custom floor grates made by Mighty Caine's Customs to go with my Aliens Battle scene and some new pics from my new camera!

GREEN ATTACK 2.jpg

BLUE ATTACK.jpg

RED ALIEN ATTACK.jpg

SKYCAM GREEN ALIEN ATTACK.jpg

TEAL ALIEN ATTACK.jpg

Back