NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ultimate Dog Alien seemed OK but I only got the one. The Alien Warriors were awful - as Warrior Aliens from NECA often are I hate to say - every release of that particular Alien has been susceptible to breakage due to stuck joints and the Ultimate was no exception. Add to that the soft plastic in the legs - anyone get a Warrior Alien that wasn't severely bow-legged? I got 4 Ultimates from BBTS, same story with each one of them. The back tubes could also be warped. It sucks because the sculpt is fantastic.

I never did end up buying an ultimate warrior alien, the ones I saw locally had very sloppy paint and iirc were warped too. I even saw one with a leg broken off in the box. I was looking forward to that release and it was a letdown. Even the egg looked inferior. I don't remember seeing the ultimate dog alien in stores, but I'm fine with my series 3 version.

Has the first wave of the 40th anniversary line turned up yet? Just noticed on BBTS that the Brett/Parker wave is scheduled for next month but I don't see that happening if wave 1 isn't out yet.

Has the first wave of the 40th anniversary line turned up yet? Just noticed on BBTS that the Brett/Parker wave is scheduled for next month but I don't see that happening if wave 1 isn't out yet.

I haven't seen anyone find them yet.

The latest 'Previews' preorder catalog from Diamond Comics Distributor are saying August for Brett and Parker. They also say window boxes? Was hoping it would be the plastic clamshell packaging to match the other earlier figures.

I'm having no luck with with the ultimate big chap. I found 3 at Walmart today. One had really sloppy brown paint all over the torso, one had a really messed up dome, and the third looked ok until I got it home.

As soon as I got it out of the box I knew it had to go back. The dome on the side you can't see in the box was warped really badly. The inner jaw was a mess, the "face" of the dome had visible glue and had this very obvious spot in the middle where you could see right through and see the hole where the dome is glued into place. It looked awful, and was never going to photograph right. Even the base for the egg had pink paint that was chipped off. On top of all that, almost all the joints were all absurdly stiff or frozen solid. If the other QC issues hadn't been there I would have dealt with the joints with a hairdryer.

I've never had so many issues before with trying to find a standard Neca figure with normal quality control. I'm trying to be patient, hoping that one day I'll come across the right one, but so far I feel like I may never have a '79 alien in the collection. I may wind up having the full nostromo crew with no monster at this point.

I used to have so much better luck when it came to Neca figures and QC.

Sorry to hear that, what a nightmare!

I just dug out my NECA 7" big chap from 2015(?) and I might just stick with it instead. One thing I noticed is that the front teeth on the new release seem to be longer and more fang-like. I think I prefer the ones on my older model, they look more like the prop head here: https://www.academymuseum.org/en/collection/alien-headpiece/creature-head-used-in-alien-1979-19

The latest 'Previews' preorder catalog from Diamond Comics Distributor are saying August for Brett and Parker. They also say window boxes? Was hoping it would be the plastic clamshell packaging to match the other earlier figures.

These are the boxes the 40th anniversary waves are coming in. I might get doubles on some of these just because I like the retro packaging.

neca-alien-40th-anniversary-action-figures-series-1.jpg

I'd love to get them collector grade from BBTS but I guess that won't be possible. I'm starting to build a MOC/MIB collection. Of course there's loads from the past I wish I had a boxed sample of.

Sorry to hear that, what a nightmare!

I just dug out my NECA 7" big chap from 2015(?) and I might just stick with it instead. One thing I noticed is that the front teeth on the new release seem to be longer and more fang-like. I think I prefer the ones on my older model, they look more like the prop head here: https://www.academymuseum.org/en/collection/alien-headpiece/creature-head-used-in-alien-1979-19

Cool site! Hadn?t seen it before.
About the mouth/teeth, the earlier version of the figure was sculpted with the upper lip lowered (there?s a cool video of the Rambaldi head doing a demo of the lip movement where you can see what the sculptor was going for), so it hides the teeth. As far as I?ve seen, the new sculpt just lowered the teeth so that they are visible, but kept the shape of the lips.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Amazon UK finally have the ultimate big chap in stock so I promptly ordered. Now I'm praying to H R Giger that I get a good one free of QC issues, please Hans please....:pray:

On twitter someone just posted they received the first wave, from the UK.

Well NECA didn't let me down. The left leg on the ultimate big chap was frozen and snapped after using a hairdryer on it, sigh!

You're kidding me.
Damn, that is so frustrating.

Are you sending it back?

Wish I was Abake, the left leg was frozen solid on the hip joint even after using a hairdryer. I went to gently move it and off it came. It was through Amazon so I'm sending it back. Apart from that it's definitely the best Giger Alien NECA have done in this scale. Sculpts great, paints great and the face-hugger, chest-buster and egg are fantastic. Apart from the frozen joint it was all gravy.

Too bad man... well, at least you can return it. If mine's crap, I'm stuck with it, no way can return it all the way from Colombia! :lol
I'm staying positive, hopefully I can get one as good as this one:

The paint apps don't look so great, but that's actually fixable.

Back