NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have never owned a necca figure, can anyone describe what the tail articulation is like on 40th anniversary big chap (1/4) can you bring the tail up over his shoulder for example? All the pics I?ve seen have the tail just laying on the floor.

I?m stuck between the hot toys warrior from aliens in 1/6 or this big chap in 1/4. I like both designs, prefer the articulation and price of necca ( if tail can move ) but unsure of quality as never owned necca product. Have a large hot toys collection and fig looks great but is more money and has limited articulation. If anyone who has both can advise I would appreciate your thoughts. Thankyou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have never owned a necca figure, can anyone describe what the tail articulation is like on 40th anniversary big chap (1/4) can you bring the tail up over his shoulder for example? All the pics I?ve seen have the tail just laying on the floor.

I?m stuck between the hot toys warrior from aliens in 1/6 or this big chap in 1/4. I like both designs, prefer the articulation and price of necca ( if tail can move ) but unsure of quality as never owned necca product. Have a large hot toys collection and fig looks great but is more money and has limited articulation. If anyone who has both can advise I would appreciate your thoughts. Thankyou.

Well, first off, keep in mind you're comparing two completely different types of figures. One is a "high end" collectible, the other a large "action figure". However, being a huge fan of the Alien franchise, I will always choose NECA over Hot Toys when it comes to figures of the aliens, simply because of accuracy.
Even though NECA figures have their own issues regarding accuracy (in the case of the Big Chap, specifically the shape of the head and some slightly odd proportions), they are miles ahead of anything that Hot Toys have made.
As for the tail on the NECA figure, it is pretty easy to pose, but the weight of it won't let it stay up over its shoulder, although I think you can bend it all the way up.

If you go for the NECA try to get it in person in a store if you can so you can examine it for issues - common NECA issues with their Aliens are ill-fitted domes, scratches/cracks on domes, misaligned jaws and warped legs.

But, otherwise, I agree with abake, NECA Aliens are better than the ones from Hot Toys - and Hot Toys can have issues aswell such as loss of sheen, paint flaking, tearing in the rubber - particular the jaw tendons, and breakages in some cases.

Thanks for the info on that. I think I?ll try and get to a store to see one in person. Appreciate your thoughts.

I see Ash in his blue uniform. Kane with a new head beside him.
ERYmbcoXsAAUtci.jpeg

And the diorama looks to be the corridor/door thing that was at a previous show I believe.

With Holm and Hurt's likeness rights in the bag this means the full Nostromo crew is an inevitability.....unless this line bombs.

I need to see better pics of Parker, but I'm afraid he's looking more like "Generic Black Guy" than Yaphet Kotto. Face doesn't seem to be the right shape. Brett, Kane, and Ash look good.

Nothing about the new Ripley or the Dallas with photo printing seems to be enough to make me want to rebuy them. Kane though I'm definitely interested in.

How do they keep ****ing up Ripley? They did very well with the first two. The Compression Suit has the best likeness. Everything since then has been pretty terrible.

neca-ripley.jpg

I need to see better pics of Parker, but I'm afraid he's looking more like "Generic Black Guy" than Yaphet Kotto. Face doesn't seem to be the right shape. Brett, Kane, and Ash look good.

You?re right... Parker looks nothing like Yaphet...
The blood splattered alien is silly IMHO, but if people are into if, that?s fine by me.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I'm really just glad to be getting these characters at all - although I understand the irony of likenesses being a requirement for NECA to make these characters in the first place but then the figures ultimately not resembling the actors anyway.

As for the bloodied Alien - I like it - if they have to fill out a wave with something and they can't have it be another human character then it's a fine idea as a variant. I've actually wanted a Dog Alien like that but seems it won't happen now unless they do a 30th anniversary assortment for Alien 3.

Back