NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the way that dude handles the figure, it?s really no wonder it breaks...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

To be fair. All the time I was watching the video I was thinking "hairdryer, for God's sake man hairdryer"!

He cancelled wave 2 for Terminator Dark Fate so no Rev 9, Grace etc, and I said not getting wave 1 now. I complained as a customer since 2003 that it was the second time he stung Terminator fans after making John a SDCC ex. It turned into him calling me warped, I had dozens of NECA fanboys and apologists jumping down my throat and then he blocked me. He actually told me to tread lightly in a reply like he's Walter White.

He can go **** himself. I was being very calm and logical, talking about how they have lost their edge, focusing on Turtles, Predators and he replied saying what about Bob Ross, Godzilla and the Golden Girls. I had to delete my tweets because the bile from his army of drones kept coming in, like actual abuse.

i don't care about Neca terminators one bit, they're terrible as hell, so let them stay foused on turtles, predators and else :dunno
though all of their predators suck as well because of drunk paint and anime long legs, despite beautiful initial sculpts.

I wouldn't complain about their diversity of licenses and range within the licenses personally. They still destroy any other company, ever, as far as the particular licenses I'm interested in. Even though it feels to me like they're dialing back on the Aliens & Robots stuff in favour of Turtles and horror - but I could be premature in saying that. He just implied a Predator 2 30th anniversary line - if they make Harrigan for that I'll be a happy camper and there's some stuff I'd buy even if they don't. We've also still got the Alien 40th anniversary stuff to come including a diorama which I hope becomes more of a thing. Maybe we could actually get some of those Terminator dioramas we've seen at cons in the past. Or not. But it's too soon to lose all hope.

The John Connor thing was certainly a disappointment because when he was initially revealed they gave no indication at all that he was going to be an exclusive and they allowed us to believe he would be widely available until the very last minute - then expected us to be happy about the SDCC exclusive announcement. 'The only way he was going to hapen' - fine, but telling us that in advance would have at least tempered our expectations. And I don't think Randy should criticize scalpers when those people end up being the only hope for so many international fans to get certain figures. We'd buy directly from NECA if they allowed us to, they don't, thus we go to scalpers.

i don't care about Neca terminators one bit, they're terrible as hell, so let them stay foused on turtles, predators and else :dunno
though all of their predators suck as well because of drunk paint and anime long legs, despite beautiful initial sculpts.

Careful how you talk about the Predators having long legs. You don't want them interpreting that as 'oh, we should make them shorter then', the KPH Preds are midget enough as it is :lol

I think we decided before that the bodies should be upscaled to match the legs and the height increased that way.

decided? i'm the only person in the whole universe that says that to date!

decided? i'm the only person in the whole universe that says that to date!

We talked about it, it was probably your suggestion and I agreed. I knew the Preds have been undersized but that was how you determined the size increase should come about.

yeah now i remember. it was the second time i suggested increasing the upper half scale. it was in a Neca Dutch discussion.
first time everybody said i didn't know **** about predators and Neca is always super cool, so i guess i tried to forget everything about that theme since :)

There's a review up on Yotube of the new 1/4 scale anniversary Big Chap. It looks superb in terms of paint and sculpt. Really loose waist though.

Just saw it... it?s just a repaint. I suspected as much, but it?s still disappointing.
Having said that, except for the overdone lips and the front of the dome, the paint apps are much, much better.
Still not sure I need a new one.

Hmmm. I'm tempted. I'm surprised how good the paintjob looks. I never got the last one they put out. What I've got is the 2008 one according to this guy

Just saw it... it?s just a repaint. I suspected as much, but it?s still disappointing.
Having said that, except for the overdone lips and the front of the dome, the paint apps are much, much better.
Still not sure I need a new one.

Well there's New articulation on the feet! And if like me you've only got the closed lips version this is a must buy. And the paint job is really good and the box is really, really cool. That's what I keep telling myself anyway :)

The inner jaw is also too dark. In the movie, this part appears clear...

AlienJaw.jpg

Back