NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to find the Burke/Alien 2-pack and Bomber Jacket Ripley.

Always annoys me when they don't wire the tails all the way to the tip, so I did that myself. Also, paint slop on the teeth has always bothered me as well. None of the ones in store were very good, so I just got the best one I could, repainted the mouth and chromed the teeth.

ov2wmI0.jpg

https://news.toyark.com/2018/03/09/end-near-toys-r-us-thats-bad-news-entire-toy-industry-292668

The eventual closing of Toys R Us will surely have an impact on toy giants like Mattel, Hasbro and LEGO, but it’s the second and third tier toy producers that will see the biggest hit to their businesses. Companies such as NECA, McFarlane, Bluefin and Mezco, which have little real retail presence outside of Toys R Us will lose valuable customers who would stumble upon the items that other retailers simply do not stock.

Hmm................hmmm. *knaws at fingers*

IMHO, Neca has been anticipating this, particularly after Hasting closed ( IIRC , partially owned by Neca) . NECA online store / Neca CLUB , was their trial run / R&D into direct marketing ( eliminating wholesale ). Same prices as TRU, BBTS ,TOyWIZ ETC, ETC, ( but with higher shipping prices).

The smaller brick and mortar, have already cut back on in stock items. I dont think Walmart will step up, the only figures I can remember ( only hearing about ) that Wally World stocked was a Terminator Endo ,and a Xeno. They focus to much on the lastest greatest Super hero movie, Star Wars based figures, and if you weight long enough, those are on clearance isle

Should be interesting:gah:

Oh noooooo. I heard that news earlier today, but didn't think through all the potential consequences to our favorite toy lines. Walmart has stocked some NECA before, but I can't picture them ever stocking full waves of any NECA lines.

Same prices as TRU, BBTS ,TOyWIZ ETC, ETC, ( but with higher shipping prices).
I wish guys at NECA listened to this:
Shipping prices are the main driver of lacklustre direct sales in non-target countries e.i. everything but the US. I mean why should I buy from NECA paying arm and a leg for shipping, when I can get more or less the same product from China w free shipping.

Oh noooooo. I heard that news earlier today, but didn't think through all the potential consequences to our favorite toy lines. Walmart has stocked some NECA before, but I can't picture them ever stocking full waves of any NECA lines.

I saw the Neca Kratos at Target the other day. I don't expect them to expand their selection to the likes of Toys R Us, though.

Was on TRU.com / CHAT, according to customer service rep. NECA items are being removed from stores as well. Also TRU on Ebay has removed everything Neca except for Terminator figure

Called 3 different TRU's all NECA have been pulled from shelfs
TRU.com CHAT.JPG

UPDATE as of 14:15..... Called 3 different TRU's all NECA items have been pulled from shelves

Was on TRU.com / CHAT, according to customer service rep. NECA items are being removed from stores as well. Also TRU on Ebay has removed everything Neca except for Terminator figure

Called 3 different TRU's all NECA have been pulled from shelfs
View attachment 399879

UPDATE as of 14:15..... Called 3 different TRU's all NECA items have been pulled from shelves

Just came back from TRU today and they still had all the usual NECA items on the shelf, for what it's worth.

I wonder if they're cutting back on releases and pushing back a lot of currently mentioned stuff because they just don't know what to do with the retail side of things. The toys r us closure must be making Randy at the very least questioning where they can go if physical toy stores go under still.

I kick off my collecting with eBay and got like 90% of my NECA figures online. It is unbelievable hard to get those things in Amsterdam. Two tiny shops and one of them is like Forbidden planet.
I mean the solution to the obvious problem is kinda obvious.

Something funny I realized, every thing about the delay is rumors . It’s most definitely delayed because of toys r us. They knew ahead of time and just couldn’t say anything. Neca pretty much avoided , couldn’t , one of those .... Shipping the new waves because there biggest market closed. I was getting cost with no shipping at toys r us. I dont know how u guys were paying those outrageous shipping prices. I figure to get them on eBay first and pay the extra 15$ to get them fast. I’m in the USA so sorry for the crazy prices for shipping u guys have been paying. That would ruin the game for me

Back