NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, i've never seen the queen, 1/4 figures with the exception of a turtle once in a while, no avp pillars and the figures are sparce but i do find them from time to time. In other words it sucks but is also a high scalper area so maybe that's why i rarely find anything good. I basically have to buy online 95% of the time.

View attachment 361618
My Galoob Large Electronic Warrior. Pretty toyish, but as good as it gets right now, and looks good from a distance.

I'm in agreeance with you all. Would love some good Starship Troopers figures. I saw that tweet, threw in my like, 26 currently.

I can appreciate their position though. In my mind the biggest problem is scaling. The bugs are big! Even the Warrior. And everything else just gets bigger.

Still, I'd be fine with just a Warrior. And I suspect, like myself, a lot of people would buy multiples. For of course, they are a horde, perfect army builder.

It's always sad to see them invest in new tooling for doomed franchises, Valerian being a current example. Of course they couldn't of known that. And they have to try and strike while the iron is hot. Things like Coraline, yeah I guess it has it's market, but I agree it does seem niche.

As for Aliens, and Rolston's likeness, it does seem weird the way the exchanges seem to imply no previous contact. My guess would be that they are just taking there time, staggering the releases to draw the line out as far as they can. And perhaps they saw no reason to contact him yet, based on that strategy. Possibly he heard from Goldstein about her figure when they were doing an event, along with fans, and that accelerated things. Who knows?!

Anyway I'm sure we'll get our Drake. Just hope he comes with alternate acid burnt face. Although if NECA went the variant figure route I'd happily buy a whole second figure. Heck I'll do that anyway if it's just a extra head.

Oh and here's that Bomber Jacket Ripley review from PRIME Raptor:

Ripley looks good, great detail on the jacket. Pulse rifle again very sloppy.

Little kid video reviews are annoying :slap

It's cool to see Aliens can still have fans of whatever age he is and that it isn't some 'boring old' movie to him as it probably is to most of his peers. Such is the way of things.

I see what he means about Ripley's arm - hopefully that's just a matter of posing.

Also, before the figure was shown I too was expecting the bomber jacket would be separate from the jumpsuit and have swap-out arms like Alien 3 Ripley. Now we have to hope they make yet another version that's just the jumpsuit.

Last edited:
All i know is he must live close to Neca's shipping warehouse since he gets figures really fast and his parents must be pretty cool buying him all these figures. Not just regular figures but exclusives too.

I receive my wave 12 set today and really looking forward to it.

BTW - I do wish he'd trim them nails before videos!

From what i've experienced and heard from a lot of other fellow freaks you are in the minority with Lambert's being available since she's only 2 or 3 per case. The closest tru to me is a scalper haven and rarely do i ever find anything, do you ever have problems finding figures at your tru?

All the time. I normally have to order online, which I hate doing considering Necas paint apps. I'd rather pick them out in person. There were a couple Lamberts at my local FYE as well.

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 19h19 hours ago

NECA Retweeted
Afraid the audience is not quite big enough. The colonial Marines are a great barometer to judge by

More
Any chance of doing starship trooper figs? That would be right up your alley @NECA_TOYS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't get this statement by Randy. The latest colonial marine offerings have been selling really well as far as I can see.

So, The Devil's Backbone and Coraline have a large enough following to warrant figures but not Starship Troopers..??

I know, preaching to the choir, but some Mobile Infantry and Bugs would be awesome.

Randy makes what HE likes.

If so, you guys are lucky. I doesn't even appear to be showing anywhere in my area...

it appears to only be at AMC theraters here, all of them suck cuz they are PITA to get in and out of due to poorly planned parking accommodations. And I don't happen to live close to any AMC theatre anyway (more regal)

We can only do those who we get likeness rights for

The standard response to every 'will you make X character' question.

Is Randy presuming that the person asking the question is so dense that they don't realise a toy company can't just make figures of whoever, whenever they want? I mean I thought it was common knowledge among action figure collectors that likeness rights have to be paid for - but maybe it isn't.

Questions like those - imprecise phrasing notwithstanding - are most probably asking ''do you intend to pursue X likeness rights so you can make his/her character?'' - yes or no

But I guess he doesn't want to give such definitive answers.

Johnny did you notice that T2 3D appears to be only a one-day thing in Ireland? And seemingly just a single showing per cinema?

Yeah dude. Getting my tickets tomorrow. No ****ing way am I missing it. And I was planning on going twice even three times.

Just realized the new battle damage aliens have the new body. In the NECA eBay description has it in there. Pretty cool

Just realized the new battle damage aliens have the new body. In the NECA eBay description has it in there. Pretty cool

Yes, i received wave 12 today and i can definately say the battle damaged "new" body is a big improvement over the original body. No warped legs and it stands much better - so far. Looking forward to the ultimate non battle damaged aliens when they release in the next month or so.

I received wave 12 today and was very impressed with all 4 figures, even though I already had the battle damaged aliens from the H & H 2 packs the wave 12 versions on the new alien body are a huge improvement - imo.

In the first image both version of the BD aliens can be seen and Hicks & Hudson will soon be replaced with a couple of sentry guns. The 2nd picture shows Vas 2.0 & bomber jacket Ripley, I'll put 2 of the terminals from the arsenal packs in front of Hicks and call that display done - i threw a Frost and Windrix in the display for the heck of it - lol.

I noticed in watching Aliens again tonight Vas can be seen several times without her boot knife after the sub level 3 attack so i removed it from the 2.0 version and put the boot knife on the smart gun version of Vas. Very nice wave and i can't wait to get extras of Vas & Rip. The only thing I don't like is the blast effect for the Rip & Vas pulse rifles, both of mine are hard to attach and i can't get them to work on earlier versions of the pulse rifle. I'm guessing the pulse rifle blast effect from the arsenal pack will be able to fit on the earlier versions of the pulse rifle, at least i hope Neca adjusted them to fit or they will be useless to me.
20170826_021037.jpg

Attachments

• 20170826_021023.jpg
    20170826_021023.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 132
Posted over on their facebook page and on twitter. The paint and sculpting on these guys is incredible, much better than usual for their video game inspired stuff I reckon. Hope this bodes well for their Dutch variant for this line.

20934793_1578036492258730_7358751749374062791_o.jpg

21122344_1584423201620059_8880611458196506720_o.jpg

Back