NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright thanks for the info everyone. Didn't realise that even the 7" figures are technically out of scale with each other. The issue is clearly more obvious at 1/4 scale.
a majority of people believe that predators should be shorter than aliens, inspired by comics and book covers i guess, and also a quote from A3 about 8-feet creature.

Aliens_vs._Predator_-_Prey_-_cover.jpg

while googling the subject, i met several threads devoted to this question on different forums , and everywhere 90% of people believe predator is 7 feet and alien is 8 feet. sometimes somebody shows sizes of actors, sometimes somebody quotes Scott who said that alien is supposed to be 7 feet, but all in all people believe otherwise, Neca staff included.
so you can just join the trend or simply enjoy the figures for their sculpt, not scale :)

a majority of people believe that predators should be shorter than aliens, inspired by comics and book covers i guess, and also a quote from A3 about 8-feet creature.

The Alien from Alien 3 may have been a slight bit taller when stood fully upright. The digitigrade legs would give him a bit more height, and might make him a bit taller than a predator, given that a standard, humanoid alien is about the same size as a predator.

The Alien from Alien 3 may have been a slight bit taller when stood fully upright. The digitigrade legs would give him a bit more height, and might make him a bit taller than a predator, given that a standard, humanoid alien is about the same size as a predator.

i doubt by that time of the movie they discussed the height of alien 3 specifically.
Andrews: Let me see if I have this correct, Lieutenant - it's an 8-foot creature of some kind with acid for blood, and it arrived on your spaceship. It kills on sight, and is generally unpleasant. And of course, you expect me accept all this on your word
but they never saw him walking. by then. Ripley must have spoken about her previous experience. A1 is not 8 feet because a) he was seen in same corridors with humans and against humans, so he was as high as an actual character in an actual suit. it must be Bolaji's height plus a bit of an alien head (a bit because Bolaji had his head inside alien's head, not inside his neck, like later suits) and heels.
a79b3e866f0766eabf777160b8b98f2f.jpg

approximately same height additions go for a predator ("shoes" and head. head is significantly higher in P2 due to a different shape)

d7f0ca4c01f287b96c73334104089880.jpg

kevin-peter-hall-predator-2-1990-BPDMWP.jpg

KPH was slightly higher than BB, so, despite the heels, creatures are either similar or predator is higher. that's what goes for actual measures, also shown against human characters in movies.

i haven't met anything about aliens supposed height in A2. but, as they are rarely seen against humans, never standing against each other, i cannot say that their head-to-body proportions, similar to A1, prove anything. if we consider them 8 feet, we must also accept that they are more massive than A1 - and ignore all shots in the movie where they are obviously the same. that's the only way to consider them 8 feet, as suggested in A3 (and not about A3) - and thus higher than classic predator height.

but in this case (now i return to the question asked about Neca proportions) all A2s should be higher than A1. based on nothing. but if this case is accepted, Neca proportions between alien and predator is approximately correct.

then there will be a question of undersized predators who don't go in scale with Dutch :slap

DSC01003.JPG

I thought the two scale nicely with each other especially when flanked by an average sized person AKA the Iron Man.

I thought the two scale nicely with each other especially when flanked by an average sized person AKA the Iron Man.

by what i understand about creatures sizes, iron man's eyes should be lower than predator's shoulders. maximum - on one level if he is very high in his suit. instead they look each other in the eye. they are generally of one height.
predator and alien shoulders should be on one level. instead predator's eyes are on level with alien's shoulders.
Neca's predators are midgets, while their aliens are ok (again - considering that iron man is higher than an average person because of the suit)

i doubt by that time of the movie they discussed the height of alien 3 specifically. but they never saw him walking. by then.

Oh, yeah. It's been a while. I forgot how early in the movie that scene happened.

All the other stuff you wrote was pointless, because I already agreed with you, so there was no point trying to convince me. :wink1:

All the other stuff you wrote was pointless, because I already agreed with you, so there was no point trying to convince me. :wink1:
oh, it was not for convincing you personally. more like discussing possibilities with myself.

filemordin_solus.jpg

So they follow up last years incredible Newt exclusive with another color of the rainbow warrior. Im incredibly dissapointed. Somebody please smack me up side the head two times for joining the neca club! What's the year end exclusive going to be? Another freakin skittles alien no doubt!

I totally understand why the collectors of movie-only stuff would be disappointed, but I dunno, I think the colors on him actually look pretty nice. Better than the pink 8-bit or Glow in the Dark AVP pred, that's for sure. And it's on the new body which is pretty cool too.

That said, Im not going to buy this unless I can get one for close to retail price. No way am I gonna shell out Newt prices for this one lol

I'm totally OK with it. It's an easy pass for me. Ideally I want the movie stuff to be attainable at regular retail prices except if there's just no other way they'll make a given character/item.

Back