NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he is a given at this stage since he is one of the few remaining ' big 'characters from the second film.Given that I think they would save him to put in a wave that needs more attention, say the Resurrection heavy wave or a slow week of releases.

However, a Dietrich would be cool as few toy lines have a female marine medic in them. Would make a stand out figure if done right.
...the Resurrection wave is a Resurrection wave, and what more could they need to fill it? It's pretty clear Ripley, a Warrior and the Newborn will be the three figures

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

has anyone been able to find a after market stand that fits the Queen?
All the people who I contacted about getting replacement plastic clip for the Queen said they have none left.
:(

All the people who I contacted about getting replacement plastic clip for the Queen said they have none left.

My Queen is sitting on the 7" rod stand that she came with:

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

Perhaps the stands below from eBay could be modified to work similarly to the stock stand. These particular stands are adjustable from 6-11". You can find these in various sizes and colors by searching metal doll stand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-Stand...hash=item3d31ad008b:m:m_aU-A8lAxH2IakI0cn_Yeg

I have not tried it but you could possibly bend the top prongs straight up, adjust the stand to the desired height, and then use a pair of pliers or needle nose to clamp the metal rods in place so that they would not slide back down. Some of these types of stands also come with soft plastic/rubber covers over the prongs. One thing to consider would be if the base of the stand is wide enough in diameter to provide the needed stability.

stands.jpg

stands2.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's a guess if the foam wouldn't hold up for everyone . So it's about a 300$ awesome piece to display with for years. And I'm sold for fun at this rate. It's a lot money but not the end of the world . So let's said it fails in 5 years , it's been a fun hobbie . Great pictures, nothing last forever.
People are getting picky over 20$ figures is what it's coming do to.

I mean come on,

*clap*
Well said man! And you know what, if 300$ for 5 years suits you, then enjoy! It's not in "my" entertainment budget, but that's a kick ass pic man! Enjoy the bejesus out of it for the rest of us man!

Don't sweat that kind of a detail man! I'm sure you can find something from another display, or even MacGyver yourself something better than what came in it. It's just a metal rod with a plastic support on the end.

I just hit the hardware store and cruise around until I find things that arrange well in my mind (this is invariably followed by some swearing, and a couple trips back and forth to make exchanges because I don't think to measure things while they're in front of me) and just put it together at home!

:D

...the Resurrection wave is a Resurrection wave, and what more could they need to fill it? It's pretty clear Ripley, a Warrior and the Newborn will be the three figures

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

It would be nice if they included the Resurrection Queen as well. If they want to do a normal version, they could do it as a repaint of their previous queen since the Resurrection Queen is just a repaint of the one from Aliens. If they want to do the Resurrection Queen as she's giving birth to the Newborn, that would obviously require a new sculpt but one that I think would be worth it since it would add more display options for the Newborn and Ripley 8 figures.

On second thought, they could probably pull off a few things at once if they re-did the articulation in the queen's legs and pelvic area for the upcoming reissue. That way, if they did finally do an egg sac, it would be easier to mount her onto it in a movie accurate pose. Then they could also do both versions of the Resurrection Queen with one figure and just have the womb where the Newborn comes out of as an attachment that connects to the queen in the same place the egg sac does.

My Queen is sitting on the 7" rod stand that she came with:

View attachment 320269

View attachment 320270

Perhaps the stands below from eBay could be modified to work similarly to the stock stand. These particular stands are adjustable from 6-11". You can find these in various sizes and colors by searching metal doll stand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Doll-Stand...hash=item3d31ad008b:m:m_aU-A8lAxH2IakI0cn_Yeg

I have not tried it but you could possibly bend the top prongs straight up, adjust the stand to the desired height, and then use a pair of pliers or needle nose to clamp the metal rods in place so that they would not slide back down. Some of these types of stands also come with soft plastic/rubber covers over the prongs. One thing to consider would be if the base of the stand is wide enough in diameter to provide the needed stability.

View attachment 320261

View attachment 320262

I use this stand from my Pacific Rim Kaiju Flying Otachi. Works so much better then the one that comes with the Queen.

Attachments

• 20170131_203232.jpg
    20170131_203232.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 223
Which Alien Xenomorph is that? I only have a Ripley with Space Suit and need to find a good Xenomorph to go with her.

It's an older Japanese Sega Vinyl model. I'm not sure if they are widely available anymore. NECA also makes nice Aliens from the 1st movie. I just prefer the presence of this one.

I use this stand from my Pacific Rim Kaiju Flying Otachi. Works so much better then the one that comes with the Queen.

attachment.php

looks definitely a lot better, fitting the lair construction. wish they were sold separately.

nope, i checked while i wrote that comment.
only in a box with a creature, about $50 for the box and $50 for shipping to me.
no way i'd pay $100 for a Neca stand :)

BTW try putting the chest arms into mantis-like position, you might like the visual effect more.

83285020.jpg

Ground-HK.jpg

I know a lot of fans here loved the Alien 3 WY Commando and it seems to have sold quite well. Which is why I am hoping if they ever want to reuse the mould NECA could do a variant as such with the so named ' dog catcher ' commandos. Apparently they were not even in the Assembly Cut or in any footage at all in the end

xsz1l.jpg

alien3disc20.jpg

Factory sealed authentic NECA 1st edition Queen for sale. PM bid if interested.

Would any of you be opposed to them spacing out the releases of the figures by doing some diorama pieces or some more weapon packs ? Like maybe doing some cryotubes or a weapons cache in the form of a WY logo crate that opens up to reveal some special edition weapons for the marines ?

I asked Randy some time ago about the cryotubes, he said they had no playability. They went ahead with the stasis tubes, not much playability there in my opinion. But with him, you never know.

Cryotubes and lockers would be incredible to add to our displays, Neca could package them in a way you could buy just one or in case of the lockers make them so you can connect them and make the pre drop scene when the marines are gearing up. With the accessory packs getting such high praise maybe as the line goes on and the figures dry up a little they'll surprise us and make them.

Back