NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking of QC issues my replacement Grey Dog Alien and bald Ripley have arrived, and apart from a moulding spur on Ripley's head they're pretty much perfect. In fact I'd go as far to say that the grey Dog Alien is the definitve version. The paint application is superb and really "Gigeresque". Hats off to Forbidden Planet once again, as the amount of QC issues I've had with NECA means that I've had to have so many replacements it's mind-boggling. I'm now just waitig on the third replacement brown dog Alien, hopefully it will be third time lucky. I honestly think that NECA make some of the coolest collectibles out there, and have some of the most talented artists working for them in the industry. I would be happy to pay more for their products if they would sort out thir QC issues. As I have to buy over the internet it would be so nice to be able to buy with confidence.

That's sweet and I like that it's dropship 02 but at that price and at that scale definately means a no go for me.

You don't realise how excited I was when I just paid attention to the pic and thought " :horror :yess: NECA are finally doing a Aliens vehicle ! " then went all sad faced when I read the text and saw it was only a prop :rotfl It does look amazing though detail wise. Kinda tempted regardless.

Noticed that although I didn't find the original tweets.

It worries me if it's over Newt because if Randy feels he's in a damned if he does damned if he doesn't situation it might be a further dissuading factor in making certain unlikely characters. Personally I'd rather they be made even if as exclusives than not be made at all.

I can see it both ways too. She is an important character in Aliens but not enough that she would sell well enough in a mass release. Newt is technically after all a side character. But then you got the fans of the film series who feel their collections would not be complete without a Newt in it, so making her that much harder to get by making her an SDCC only figure is rubbing salt in the wounds in a way.

I hope that Randy takes away from all this that certain core characters have to me made a bit more widely available, but not necessarily as a mass release per say. He could go the route as a times con exclusive, online store only exclusive, or maybe even just make the number of said figure really low yet release it in retail.

Funnily enough I still hold out hope we will get a Burke down the road along with Bishop 2 or a WY scientist. Randy even asked fans on twitter about if they would like Burke in the line and feedback was mixed. Again, damned if you do and damned if you dont.

I hope that Randy takes away from all this that certain core characters have to me made a bit more widely available, but not necessarily as a mass release per say. He could go the route as a times con exclusive, online store only exclusive, or maybe even just make the number of said figure really low yet release it in retail.

Funnily enough I still hold out hope we will get a Burke down the road along with Bishop 2 or a WY scientist. Randy even asked fans on twitter about if they would like Burke in the line and feedback was mixed. Again, damned if you do and damned if you dont.

I mentioned this before in reference to Newt, but will augment to.

Do an online poll, track results, if interest is it favorable, Offer a true preorder, let whom every wants a " name goes here" pay ( put money where mouth is) for @ Necaclub ( limited to 2, no price gougers). Have a clause in the pre-order that if not enough figures are ordered the line is not produced.

Granted this would prolong contract agreements, protyping etc, but if its a figure that I wanted bad enough ( Burke , Gorman, Drake for example ) I'd gladly wait to receive, ( not planning on keeling over yet) .

On a side note about Randy, reminds me of a scene from StarTrek,( not sure of exact lines but )
Kirk: " Mr Scott do you always multiple your repair estimates by a factor of ? ",
Mr Scott: "aye sir how else would I get to be a miracle worker", or something like that.

Point being Randy make comments about difficulties with line or denies work in progress, then gets to tweet a huge update. Basicaly a," ooooohhhh look what we did ". I dont like surprises good or bad, cut to the chase. Trying to translate " no,not happening, maybe no way,dont rule out, possibly down the line.........................etc
:gah::gah::gah:

39821636a71e4329d33386cb1ccbe91d.jpg

..this all but confirms the line up is Ripley, a Warrior and the Newborn, right?

Still hope the line last for years and well get a chance at Call, Johner, Christie, Vriess and Gediman. Dreaming I know

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

39821636a71e4329d33386cb1ccbe91d.jpg

..this all but confirms the line up is Ripley, a Warrior and the Newborn, right?

Still hope the line last for years and well get a chance at Call, Johner, Christie, Vriess and Gediman. Dreaming I know

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

I think you are right. It has to be just those three unless Randy decides to throw a curveball and give us another Betty crew member or maybe an Auriga marine instead of the usual warrior. I will say though that the Newborn should be interesting to see how Neca handle him. He is quite the tall, lumbering brute so he would have to be big enough to tower over Ripley as he does in the later half of the film.

As for other characters from AR I think they are as much as long shot as more or the prisoners from Alien 3 or even Burke or Spunkmier or Ferro or Gorman and so on. Not completely out of the question but they would have to be late in the line or store exclusives.

Well my replacement brown Dog Alien turned up and once again the head isn't glued correctly, with a big gap between the dome and the head. So he's going back and I'm giving up.

I saw the rant video a few days ago when I was searching for figure reviews on youtube. There are some valid points in that video when it comes to QC and CS issues, but the stuff about Randy was not necessary and I think hurt his message. Hence why he's being ignored. I don't think he was trying to be a hater or a troll, but his attitude in the video didn't help.

I would say QC is the most controversial aspect of Neca, and everyone's opinion varies because everyone has different personal experiences with their product.
Some people are extremely lucky and have never had one issue ever crop up, while others have been very unlucky and have had one problem after another.

I've had my share of quality problems, but they have been only a few out of the dozens of figures I now own. And most of them have been resolved. Some very quickly, within a week or two of contacting them. However I had a missing accessory take almost a whole year to get shipped out. I'm currently on wait list for a defective part that needs replaced. I think overall their CS is good, but it still needs improvement.

It's true that every company has QC issues, and I do think that Neca has improved. At least when there is a widespread issue (WY commando decals, broken TRU DC figures, broken alien stands, etc...) they tend to acknowledge it and promptly help those who want replacements.

The initial release of the T2 T-1000 remains the worst for me. It was 2 figures, Galleria and Pescadero - I bought quite a few of each and every single one broke at every possible joint and I'm pretty gentle with my figures.
I think I had a jungle hunter predator and a '79 Alien break at the elbow.

Other than those things it's been paint that I wish was better, wonky jaws and warped legs on the Aliens, warped guns with the Terminator ultimates and the one leg longer than the other issue that has plagued all the Terminator Ultimates since and including Sarah Connor.

So I guess that does read like a lot. Although with exception of the T-1000s the rest seems to be par for the course, I've sorta come to accept it. I tend to think if I returned them there'd be no guarantee of getting samples that are any better so I don't.

I think a lot of us just accept what you reject. I can't believe that anyone is this unlucky.

Fair comment, but believe me I really am that unlucky when it comes to NECA. Don't get me wrong I've had NECA products that have been 100% first time like the power loader and the Alien Queen, but on the whole the finger of fate is not in my favour. Or maybe I'm just a real fussy fecker I dunno? :dunno

I should rephrase - I don't doubt that your figures have these issues. I just think it's likely many of us have the same and we just sigh and say ''**** it, whatever'' :lol

A recent example for me is the Alien 3 Ripley. I bought 2 and one of them has weird lines on her face that make it look like she's scarred and/or had a skin graft. I noted it, but just said **** it. It's not ideal but I can't be arsed with returning it.

I should rephrase - I don't doubt that your figures have these issues. I just think it's likely many of us have the same and we just sigh and say ''**** it,

It's not ideal but I can't be arsed with returning it.

True, tbh I actually think Neca gets little QC feedback compared to the actual amount of deemable faulty products that slip through their QC.

I reckon that only 1 out of 5 people that have a fair case will actually complain and the rest just shrug it off, have a workaround or fix it themselves.

I guess it's different for everyone but for me I can guarantee that every 3 neca figures I open 1 will be fine, 1 will have a cosmetic issue and 1 will have a broken / unusable joint to some extent.

I sigh and feel a bit annoyed, but I also don't bother complaining / get it returned, as I've come to terms that it's just part of neca's products and nothing could get me to stop collecting their Aliens figures, at this point I'm an addict!

Plus I don't like my chances that the replacement will be any better!

I can't say that not complaining is a good thing though, it surely isn't.

I think the people that do complain are either too happy to get it resolved or a bit too nasty about the situation.

There needs to be more constructive criticism and compliants.

Neca's QC is getting better slowly but surely, regardless.

I am so excited about future creature/accessory packs! I want extra Pulse Rifles and Smartguns (with the muzzle flashes), motion trackers, shoulder lamps, sentry guns, helmets, pistols, flamethrowers (with flame plumes), and ammo bags!

Imagine some larger set dressing parts like the colony map display in Hadley's Hope, or a Smartgun and Pulse Rifle weapon rack from the Sulaco! Or they could do something like the predator pack with the skinned body, but do a cocooned colonist with hive resin attachments and some eggs, chestbursters and facehuggers.

Or even a Nostromo pack with the motion tracker, flame unit, cat box, Jonsey and the ALIEN version of the chestburster, facehugger and egg.

I am so excited about future creature/accessory packs! I want extra Pulse Rifles and Smartguns (with the muzzle flashes), motion trackers, shoulder lamps, sentry guns, helmets, pistols, flamethrowers (with flame plumes), and ammo bags!

Imagine some larger set dressing parts like the colony map display in Hadley's Hope, or a Smartgun and Pulse Rifle weapon rack from the Sulaco! Or they could do something like the predator pack with the skinned body, but do a cocooned colonist with hive resin attachments and some eggs, chestbursters and facehuggers.

Or even a Nostromo pack with the motion tracker, flame unit, cat box, Jonsey and the ALIEN version of the chestburster, facehugger and egg.

Yes, I hope they make an aliens and Alien pack like you mentioned with sentry gun and all the weapons, etc. I think an aliens pack will definately happen.

Good suggestions Jace.

I would add:

-Dead/decaying facehuggers! (for stasis tubes and scene with Hicks lifting one out of egg - possibly different sculpts)
-blown apart/shot to ***t Alien egg
-Freshly opened Alien egg with all the innards and slime still there
-blown off Warrior Alien body parts

That's all I can think of for now

I should rephrase - I don't doubt that your figures have these issues. I just think it's likely many of us have the same and we just sigh and say ''**** it, whatever'' :lol

A recent example for me is the Alien 3 Ripley. I bought 2 and one of them has weird lines on her face that make it look like she's scarred and/or had a skin graft. I noted it, but just said **** it. It's not ideal but I can't be arsed with returning it.

Truth ! :rotfl It is one of the more frustrating things of collecting NECA is that their paint QC is still a big problem in some cases. Its why although I pay through the nose for one figure ( 50.00 AU in some stores ) that I can at least inspect the figure in person to make sure I get one with the least amount of issues.

Good suggestions Jace.

I would add:

-Dead/decaying facehuggers! (for stasis tubes and scene with Hicks lifting one out of egg - possibly different sculpts)
-blown apart/shot to ***t Alien egg
-Freshly opened Alien egg with all the innards and slime still there
-blown off Warrior Alien body parts

That's all I can think of for now

The decaying facehuggers would be awesome along with some eggs that have some squishy innards within. Bullet riddled eggs and exploding parts of the drones would be cool too.

Fair comment, but believe me I really am that unlucky when it comes to NECA. Don't get me wrong I've had NECA products that have been 100% first time like the power loader and the Alien Queen, but on the whole the finger of fate is not in my favour. Or maybe I'm just a real fussy fecker I dunno? :dunno

Your like me it's normal, your not fussy is all. There toys and at a good price so it's cool just for the opportunity to see them made. If they are hot toys I think it's good for people to be picky. When they showed the predator 2 elder with the cross mandibles people freaked out and then they fixed it.

Back