NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the knee joints on my 1/4th is completely shot. The pose I had it in was a simple stepping forward one but it appears the joint couldn’t support the weight of the figure over time. Oh and the other leg had started to warp too.
I can still get it to stand but the slightest bump (Closing the Deltof!) and he topples over even with support. I’m sure I can fix both with some heat and glue but I would check the Warrior often if you are going with a dynamic pose.

Current pose minus the stand
View attachment 272084

I really hope it doesn’t end up like the smaller version. No saving that!

View attachment 272086

One of the knee joints on my 1/4th is completely shot. The pose I had it in was a simple stepping forward one but it appears the joint couldn’t support the weight of the figure over time. Oh and the other leg had started to warp too.
I can still get it to stand but the slightest bump (Closing the Deltof!) and he topples over even with support. I’m sure I can fix both with some heat and glue but I would check the Warrior often if you are going with a dynamic pose.

Current pose minus the stand
View attachment 272084

I really hope it doesn’t end up like the smaller version. No saving that!

View attachment 272086

Can't see pics. Mine has started to go bow legged even with support from a stand.

Sigh... not good. Not good at all. What do your poses look like, folks? Might do a follow-up video to let people know.

A3 Ripleys gloved hands are problematic. Can't tell if they have articulation and joints are stiff, or they are just part of the forearm sculpt. With mine, her right hand faces outward palm up. Trying to turn the hand, the entire arm turns with it causing the elbow to point outward in an awkward position. Beginning to think the hands because of the gloves, gave no articulation. Fantastic figure just the same. image.jpegimage.jpeg

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 14h14 hours ago
NECA Retweeted

still working on plan b and when i have something definitive i will share it

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS just saw a previous tweet about newt not being released outside sdcc. Is plan b still happening. So we mortals can get newt?

Yea, Randy has to be hush-hush until after the Con because Newt is their exclusive. If he came out and told us now I'm sure they would get ticked so he has to be careful with the timing of the announcement.

...we're not gonna have answers on Newt until after SDCC. Don't know why people keep asking :D

Yea, Randy has to be hush-hush until after the Con because Newt is their exclusive. If he came out and told us now I'm sure they would get ticked so he has to be careful with the timing of the announcement.

...that's the truth. Sadly it sucks because many of us are possibly going to be feeding scalpers and if plan B turns out to be just as good as the exclusive but less "exclusive" it'll be a kick in the balls

I'm thinking if plan B works Newt won't come with the helmet but I hope I'm wrong. Just in case plan B doesn't work I went ahead and bought a Newt off E bay for just under $60, they are already jumping up quite a bit now so even though I overpaid I'm glad I got one early.

...that's the truth. Sadly it sucks because many of us are possibly going to be feeding scalpers and if plan B turns out to be just as good as the exclusive but less "exclusive" it'll be a kick in the balls

Can't see pics. Mine has started to go bow legged even with support from a stand.

Wow, so the 1/4 scale Alien is made from plastic that warps over time?! And this isn't causing a big uproar?! Mine is still in the box so I can't see any warping but if it is I'd be pretty pissed off. I'd think this would be a MAJOR issue that Neca would need to address with future releases (like the translucent Alien).

Sean

I'm thinking if plan B works Newt won't come with the helmet but I hope I'm wrong. Just in case plan B doesn't work I went ahead and bought a Newt off E bay for just under $60, they are already jumping up quite a bit now so even though I overpaid I'm glad I got one early.

...dammit! Didn't realize they were listing Newt again. The least expensive now for me would be around $116 shipped :O Can I start crying?

Saw your tweet about the Weyland Yutani Commando Staps - I only preordered one. Hope I don't regret that.

I'm sure TRU.com will get more in but since I've been ordering my figures through TRU.com this is the first time I've seen this happen. I better be ready when they list wave 9 because I'm sure the same might happen with Frost & Vas. I went ahead and got 4 WY Commandos so I could be done with it but I still might get 1 or 2 more, it's an awesome looking figure.

...great to see the Commandos are doing fine. I originally preordered only 2 from BBTS and they were quickly gone. I was able to add 1 more before they ran out of stock again :D

Back