NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What options are there for shaving them down or removing those lips? Thanks! :)

View attachment 270882

Get a nice sharp blade (brand new razor or box cutter) and just dive in man. Be fearless, but not sloppy. Start whittling down in small increments because it is better to cut away too little and have to keep going than to cut too much and be screwed.

If you are worried about nicking the teeth, I suppose if you soak it in piping hot water, you may be able to pull the lips away from the jaw to work on them with more room, but that is more work than it is worth my opinion as you would then have to glue them back and risk them separating again over time. Just cut careful and it should be fine.

Curious to the fans here, how do you think they will package the Alien 3 creature pack ? My dream would be to have the outer packaging in the shape of the EEV from the Sulaco, and when you crank open the hatch lid there are the Alien creatures nestled inside.

Another idea would be for NECA to create some hollow Alien eggs that are actually filled with gooey slime but inside the slime is a secret Alien creature or weapon you have to pick out. The slime could also be glow in the dark.

Curious to the fans here, how do you think they will package the Alien 3 creature pack ? My dream would be to have the outer packaging in the shape of the EEV from the Sulaco, and when you crank open the hatch lid there are the Alien creatures nestled inside.
...I like the idea of the EEV as packaging, but I don't think it'll be that elaborate :D

Sent from my Moto E

...I like the idea of the EEV as packaging, but I don't think it'll be that elaborate :D

Sent from my Moto E

Oh I agree if it was elaborate inside and out that it would blow out the budget for sure :lol Maybe just have the outside as a simple cardboard cut out shape of the EEV itself but the Aliens inside would just be in a plain plastic tray.

Seriously? A 1/4 scale concept alien? What the Hell? If they chose this over the dog... :slap

Seriously? A 1/4 scale concept alien? What the Hell? If they chose this over the dog... :slap

...they didn't "chose" that over the Dog. This is a repaint of a figure they already have. IF the warrior does well, of course the dog will be coming, but next year. They already confirmed they were working on two 1/4 aliens :slap

Sorry dog lovers. Randy said two new 1/4s were coming. One is apparently the concept. I'm betting more than ever that the second is a brown warrior repaint.

All that said, I agree if the warrior and repaints do well, a dog will come eventually. But I wouldn't hold your breath for any time soon...

They said it was due to popular demand, which I'm not 100% sure I buy into. No doubt they want to get more use out of the molds. I too wouldn't be surprised if the next figure is an alternate color scheme for the Warrior, but I really hope we get a Dog Alien in this scale. The difference in paint app quality is night and day.

Received the 1/4 Warrior today. Teeth are cleanly done and cheek tendons aren't warped. I'm satisfied, provided the joints don't break down over time.

IMG_5852_zpscmtancmn.jpg

IMG_5829_zpst5qdnayt.jpg

IMG_5871_zpsr3hybjmh.jpg

IMG_5835_zpsssroo5mq.jpg

What do you mean, I have just received the 1/4 alien warrior?? More photos please!! Which one is more screen accurated, that one or the hot toys one??

They said it was due to popular demand, which I'm not 100% sure I buy into. No doubt they want to get more use out of the molds. I too wouldn't be surprised if the next figure is an alternate color scheme for the Warrior, but I really hope we get a Dog Alien in this scale. The difference in paint app quality is night and day.

Received the 1/4 Warrior today. Teeth are cleanly done and cheek tendons aren't warped. I'm satisfied, provided the joints don't break down over time.

IMG_5852_zpscmtancmn.jpg

IMG_5829_zpst5qdnayt.jpg

IMG_5871_zpsr3hybjmh.jpg

IMG_5835_zpsssroo5mq.jpg
this is WAY better detailed, painted and properly sculpted than HT.
and the mouth looks like it should, not smiling.

IMG_5852_zpscmtancmn.jpg

IMG_5829_zpst5qdnayt.jpg

IMG_5871_zpsr3hybjmh.jpg

IMG_5835_zpsssroo5mq.jpg

I already have the new Big Chap...do you have both. And if possible could you put up comparison photos. I think I'll stick with just the one. In terms of the joints, I'm not too worried myself. I've held it up with a stand as well. But for the money I'm saving I'm pretty happy with it and I'd be very happy with the warrior alien.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry dog lovers. Randy said two new 1/4s were coming. One is apparently the concept.

Sorry, just to be clear: NECA are doing a 1/4 scale version of the 1979 translucent concept Alien - or the Cameron 'albino' concept Alien?

If the former, count me in! :yess:

I need to see more pictures orca video review of it...(1/4 warrior)
By the way...due to popular demand the albino? And the dog? When randy saus there are currently 2 qscale aliens, is he referringg the warrior and the albino then?

I just realized there are 2 versions of the recently released 1979 1/4 Alien Big Chap: one with open lips and open inside jaw, another with closed lips and closed inside jaw. I have the latter and this version seems to be rare or maybe a defect I don't know. I was looking at review videos and none had my version. I saw from "Nicholas Hotsetter"'s (awesome videos) YouTube page that there are indeed 2 versions.

f173a10f39343644422ed52134475a4a.jpg

8807ac3b06ad94f36fee038961f32920.jpg

1a11ab210e67902fbd78270fdd06774c.jpg

I can see how creepy it would look though, so while not exactly what I wanted to be revealed aka the dog or bambi burster from Alien 3 I can still see how it would be seen as a good idea. Plus as others have said is an easy repaint with few adjustments needed.

I am thinking though that from now till SDCC we wont be getting much bigger reveals akin to the Vaz and Frost reveal for LV426 Day. I bet they are saving the huge surprises for that event and I hope NECA brings it.

I think exactely the same!!

Now I am a litlebit worried..I preordered the hot toys warrior but the neca'one looks awesome!! I habe the 1/4 big chap too but I have hot toys' ripley preordered too...I don't kbow what to do...

There are 2 versions bebe. The lips version which is the one you have and the version they announced first, and a second snarling version, that I owns, and you have seen in the hostetter's review.Both are awesome! Look for jaclyn's pictures in that post for her lips versions...she made a diorama for the alien and it looks incredible!

There are 2 versions bebe. The lips version which is the one you have and the version they announced first, and a second snarling version, that I owns, and you have seen in the hostetter's review.Both are awesome! Look for jaclyn's pictures in that post for her lips versions...she made a diorama for the alien and it looks incredible!

Where is this "Jaclyn"'s pictures?

Back