NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripley looks excellent. Overall, a strong series 5. The 1/4 1979 Alien looks fantastic also. So do those comic and video game Predators. Such great stuff from NECA.

I'll definitely get two of the 1/4 scale. I must say that the latest batch of figures have really been superb, and the QC has thankfully improved.

Wow -- didn't know that there's a new quarter scale Xenomorph coming soon!

Yeah, the only time they really showed it off was in a studio tour video awhile back when Kyle was working on it. It was pretty interesting how he was explaining that the process of "blowing up" and enlarging the sculpt warped the bio-mechanical details of the sculpt a bit, and he had to go back and work on and do some additional sculpting to the prototype parts to make it accurate.

Yeah, the only time they really showed it off was in a studio tour video awhile back when Kyle was working on it. It was pretty interesting how he was explaining that the process of "blowing up" and enlarging the sculpt warped the bio-mechanical details of the sculpt a bit, and he had to go back and work on and do some additional sculpting to the prototype parts to make it accurate.

Thanks -- I googled it up and just saw exactly the studio tour you were talking about. I have the old one from 2008, and I love it. I'm an Alien fan but never a stickler for sculpt accuracy on Xenos (and Preds). I take it this one is meant to be more "accurate"?

Thanks -- I googled it up and just saw exactly the studio tour you were talking about. I have the old one from 2008, and I love it. I'm an Alien fan but never a stickler for sculpt accuracy on Xenos (and Preds). I take it this one is meant to be more "accurate"?

Oh yes, way more accurate. It is actually based on the sculpt of last years Aliens series 2 '79 Classic Xenomorph 2.0. While the one from 2008 is very good, the new one blows it out of the water. The head sculpt, the under-dome detail, paint apps, minor sculptural upgrades and the articulation make it superior in every way.

The 2008 one is pretty much limited by it's articulation to be in that sort of "mid-stride" pose. The new one can do ANYTHING. Crouching? Check! Standing strait up? Check! You can put that puppy into poses even the actual real-life costume was unable to do. If you get a chance to get it for under $30, I would recommend it. Even then, I'm pretty sure they are gonna re-release it in a new AvP 2-pack eventually.

Oh yes, way more accurate. It is actually based on the sculpt of last years Aliens series 2 '79 Classic Xenomorph 2.0. While the one from 2008 is very good, the new one blows it out of the water. The head sculpt, the under-dome detail, paint apps, minor sculptural upgrades and the articulation make it superior in every way.

The 2008 one is pretty much limited by it's articulation to be in that sort of "mid-stride" pose. The new one can do ANYTHING. Crouching? Check! Standing strait up? Check! You can put that puppy into poses even the actual real-life costume was unable to do. If you get a chance to get it for under $30, I would recommend it. Even then, I'm pretty sure they are gonna re-release it in a new AvP 2-pack eventually.

Thanks a lot for the info, man. Been off the loop in Aliens collecting so I appreciate this a lot. I searched for reviews of the Series 2 Big Chap and I am impressed! If this new Quarter Scale would also have the new upgraded joints on the hips/thighs, ankles and forefeet that the 9" version has, it would be great! :D

Thanks a lot for the info, man. Been off the loop in Aliens collecting so I appreciate this a lot. I searched for reviews of the Series 2 Big Chap and I am impressed! If this new Quarter Scale would also have the new upgraded joints on the hips/thighs, ankles and forefeet that the 9" version has, it would be great! :D

Yep, the new 1/4 one has all of the new articulation in it. If you are getting back into collecting the Aliens figures, now is the perfect time. Aside from the never made before movie-accurate Ripley and Colonial Marines figures, they are making ALL of the Xenos from the movies and beyond.

I don't know if you had the old Warrior Alien too, but as you can see in series 1 and 2, the Genocide 2-pack (and upcoming again in series 5) they have made an upgraded Warrior Alien 2.0 with all of the new articulation as well. This time in brown, blue, black and red color variants. Series 5 will have the black variant warrior which I think looks the best.

And if you are a fan of the design (which I am) be sure to snag the new Dog Alien, it is an amazing figure.

Looks like the fully coloured Ripley Powerloader will be there. Cant wait. Just a few more hours I have to waiiiit.

Neca_Sneak_Peek.JPG

Back