NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to my LCS this morning to grab me a thrasher suit batmab.and there she was behind the counter.my god you have to see her in person to really grasp how big the queen is and how highly detailed she is.too bad I already ordered her a few days ago

FullSizeRender(8).jpg

And then the factories came, saw and actually kicked it around. :lol

You really know how to make a grown man cry, don't you, dev? :monkey2

Keep the pics coming, fellas! Trying to decide whether to get this through BBTS or EE. Getting one in person at TRU would allow me to look for breakages, but it would be the most expensive option.

jayiw, any QC issues on your Queen?
No thankfully as far as I can tell although as I mentioned be careful with the 6 spikes because the pegs seem very thin and will break easily. I have one that almost broke because stupid me put one of the small ones in the middle, so I very carefully removed it which made the peg loose. I was afraid it was going to break off. Also when plugging in the spikes the pegs don't seem to make any snap sound or any feel as if they are plugged in all the way even though they are. Just be real careful with those.

All in all she is AMAZING. I cannot stress how great the paint is on the thing. Articulation is great as well. I can actually have her stand on her own without the stand as I have her in my pic but I put the stand there anyway just in case of a bump or something. If she falls one or more of those spikes are breaking no doubt about it.

Jay

No thankfully as far as I can tell although as I mentioned be careful with the 6 spikes because the pegs seem very thin and will break easily. I have one that almost broke because stupid me put one of the small ones in the middle, so I very carefully removed it which made the peg loose. I was afraid it was going to break off. Also when plugging in the spikes the pegs don't seem to make any snap sound or any feel as if they are plugged in all the way even though they are. Just be real careful with those.

All in all she is AMAZING. I cannot stress how great the paint is on the thing. Articulation is great as well. I can actually have her stand on her own without the stand as I have her in my pic but I put the stand there anyway just in case of a bump or something. If she falls one or more of those spikes are breaking no doubt about it.

Jay

I'd be reluctant to pose the figure without the stand. It just seems very heavy in the front to me, as if it's just begging to topple forward.

Here I am again holding my money tight. Wondering if I should spend $150 on SS R2 D2 and have it displayed next to my HT Luke or replace my current Mcfarlane Alien Queen (costing $130) which holds a spot way up at the top of my cases........ (ignore the background drapes they are temporary). OR save the money for a future HT purchase.
Decisions...decisions.....

ya I know, so much for we moved them to a new factory randy falkhead.

I don't buy it when he says things like that. According to him, they've switched factories dozens of times. Highly doubt that's the case. Seems more like a go-to line when people complain about the quality. "Oh, that was a bad factory. We've moved since then." Give me a bloody break.

All I know is that we used to get things like this before 2008. Then it went downhill.

2088320403_3793c36b92.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

Last edited:
Back