NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other marines from the movie. An Arnold Schwarzenegger marine would take reusing parts to whole new level :lol

If they had to cut a deal like I imagine they had to for Weaver then whoever it was wouldn’t be getting made. A licensed Ripley figure was huge news I cant see Spunkmeyer getting the same reaction. But I do see what you are saying if they could negotiate a deal everyone was happy with then chances are a figure would happen at some point.

Where's the Power Loader?!?! Excited but yes, the head sculpt to Ripley needs some work. I think it mostly revolves around the eyes and that may even be the paint application.

It is! as a hardcore customizer as I am I can tell you that once you chage the painting you truly realize how beautiful the scupt of this figures are, sadly the mass production process spoil most of them

NEVER a mention of the Power Loader or the possibility of any future marines at SDCC....discouraging. I worry that the only marines we are going to get are the ones already at retail. The Power Loader....I understand it's for the wave after the Queen is released but COME ON!!! Would have been cool to see it at the show.

I´m more dissapointed about NECA not showing the Aliens Ripley, I want that figure badly (flame thrower/machine gun version)

NEVER a mention of the Power Loader or the possibility of any future marines at SDCC....discouraging. I worry that the only marines we are going to get are the ones already at retail.
I think we can assume that they plan on releasing one more version of Hicks, at least.

NEVER a mention of the Power Loader or the possibility of any future marines at SDCC....discouraging. I worry that the only marines we are going to get are the ones already at retail. The Power Loader....I understand it's for the wave after the Queen is released but COME ON!!! Would have been cool to see it at the show.
It'll come. They probably just want to ship it closer to Ripley's release date.

Yeah, Aliens Ripley, hopefully. Those two items should be released around the same, and they definitely should have been developed at the same time (WTF, NECA?) to ensure that one fits perfectly into the other.

Anybody here have the new 35th anniversary Xenomorph? I have the version from 2008 and wanted to know if the new figure was a major upgrade. I think the ball-jointed hips are interesting.

Anybody here have the new 35th anniversary Xenomorph? I have the version from 2008 and wanted to know if the new figure was a major upgrade. I think the ball-jointed hips are interesting.

Well the sculpt is a lot better and the design of the figure in terms of articulation is superb. The quality control is non existent though, so your chances of actually getting a figure with no QC issues is infinitesimal.

If they do any more Marines, it'll probably be Drake and Vasquez and that's it.
If they're actually planning on going to the expense of tooling up something so obscure as the Weyland-Yutani "Commando" there's no way that they're not counting on getting more mileage out of the existing Marine molds.

If they're actually planning on going to the expense of tooling up something so obscure as the Weyland-Yutani "Commando" there's no way that they're not counting on getting more mileage out of the existing Marine molds.

Yeah, I don't know if we'll get any more of the Marines from Aliens like Apone or Zirbowski (sp?), but we may get some more fictional ones or a video-game version.

Well the sculpt is a lot better and the design of the figure in terms of articulation is superb. The quality control is non existent though, so your chances of actually getting a figure with no QC issues is infinitesimal.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I hope the Alien Queen doesn't arrive to fans in pieces. :pray: I'll wait and see how the QC is on that before ordering one.

Not necessarily a bad thing... :D

View attachment 123286

What, seriously? I get that likeness could be an issue, but more Marines seems like a very economical proposition, given that they'd barely have to produce any new parts to pump out new figures. I mean, if they can sell 15 waves of Predators...

I'm excited to see the Queen too, but honestly, at this point, I'm a little sick of the xenos (as opposed to the other inhabitants of the setting). I remember flipping through a sci-fi movie magazine way back in 1993, coming across a full-page ad for about thirty different alien model kits (plus some of the ships/vehicles) and thinking "where are the Marines?" I'm very pleased to have Hicks/Hudson/Windrix now, and am eagerly anticipating Bishop, but apart from that, it doesn't feel like much has changed over the years.

Kind of looks like Dolph Lundgren...............I must shot you.

I asked Randy just now if they were going to improve the Ripley head sculpt since they recently listened to fans and improved the '85 Godzilla head. He said:

ryba6e2e.jpg

He couldn’t have seen the updated Hot Toys head sculpt then, you should probably tweet him a pic :lol

"They're better than the other ones shown at SDCC"

...what? Does he mean the other Ripley figures shown? Because yeah, no way was NECA's better than HT's

Back