NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now that NECA is finally making a Ripley figure, I was thinking about buying the 79 Big Chap Alien, but I've never seen it in person, just online pics, so I'm asking, is the quality good? Is it worth it? Also, I saw this new one by Bandai Japan/S.H. Figuarts , and it looks amazing, IMO! However, it's only 7.5 inches tall, and that might be a problem, but it looks good though...

S.H. Figuarts Big Chap Alien
https://www.actionfigurepics.com/2014/02/bandai-announces-s-h-monsterarts-alien-big-chap

Personally, I don't like the SH Monsterarts' take on the Giger alien, besides, if you're looking for a companion piece to NECA's Ripley, there's not many options.
You can try hunting down an old McFarlane alien (although it, too, is very inaccurate), an old Aoshima alien (a bit toy-like), NECA's earlier version (very nice but with some QC and minor accuracy problems of its own), or try your luck with the latest NECA figure.
I bought two of the new NECA Big Chaps and both had very minor QC issues.
One is pretty much perfect, except for a slightly lopsided lower jaw.
The other came with an unglued dome and slightly warped right leg, both easy fixes.
I've had no breakage issues with either.
Others however, have not been so lucky with their figures.

I would recommend getting a couple if you can afford it. The sculpt itself is pretty much the best representation of Giger's original alien other than one of Sano's statues, and they are relatively cheap.

just made some new molds for my custom aliens eggs -i have three sets left one open one closed...PM me for price.
DSC_14752_zps466514fe.jpg
DSC_14682_zpsafba682c.jpg

Personally, I don't like the SH Monsterarts' take on the Giger alien, besides, if you're looking for a companion piece to NECA's Ripley, there's not many options.
You can try hunting down an old McFarlane alien (although it, too, is very inaccurate), an old Aoshima alien (a bit toy-like), NECA's earlier version (very nice but with some QC and minor accuracy problems of its own), or try your luck with the latest NECA figure.
The other came with an unglued dome and slightly warped right leg, both easy fixes.

I would recommend getting a couple if you can afford it. The sculpt itself is pretty much the best representation of Giger's original alien other than one of Sano's statues, and they are relatively cheap.

Thanks :) Instead of buying multiple Neca Big Chaps, I'll get one NECA big chap and hopefully everything is ok :pray: I'll probably get the S.H figuarts just in case, even if the Chap is the same size as Ripley :lol

What about the Sega Alien? Or Marmit?

So now that NECA is finally making a Ripley figure, I was thinking about buying the 79 Big Chap Alien, but I've never seen it in person, just online pics, so I'm asking, is the quality good? Is it worth it? Also, I saw this new one by Bandai Japan/S.H. Figuarts , and it looks amazing, IMO! However, it's only 7.5 inches tall, and that might be a problem, but it looks good though...

S.H. Figuarts Big Chap Alien
https://www.actionfigurepics.com/2014/02/bandai-announces-s-h-monsterarts-alien-big-chap

Thanks for the link The Clown Prince of Crime. Looking forward to this release. Abake I know what you mean but hopefully the final product will be excellent. Interchangable hands too interesting.

nice collection, but I couldn't tell which one was the sega alien in the video, how tall is the sega alien exactly?also how rare and what do they sell for since they came out in 2004?

Last edited:
Thank you, at 3.22 in the video you can see the Sega Alien. The Sega Alien is about 12 inches tall, they are quite rare now and there arent any on Ebay atm. I paid about 80 dollars for my one including shipping.

nice collection, but I couldn't tell which one was the sega alien in the video, how tall is the sega alien exactly?also how rare and what do they sell for since they came out in 2004?

Back