NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't all this discussion (more than 5 pages now) about how good or bad a video-game was move in a OT thread?

My 2 cents

Once again. I can't site something specific because the ENTIRE GAME is ****ing ****. From the first minute, I knew it would be ****. But I played it anyway. And everysecond after...was total ****. **** that game.

Hicks alive is the worst thing ever thought up by a person. It played like a 13 year old's crappy wank fan fiction.

Even better: it played like Randy Pitchford's crappy wank fan fiction. ;) They were so high on themselves, acting like they did the fans a favor by negating the events of Alien 3. Like that movie or not, it's a much better alternative to Colonial Marines.

I disagree. I think the "hicks is alive" route could have been fairly compelling. It doesn't contradict anything established in the first 3 films (I don't count "insurrection" or the AVP garbage) and is a workable plot device. Aliens: Colonial Marines started off on the right path. I agree that, on its way to release, it quickly veered into the realm of unacceptable. However, I don't think its close to the low-point of the franchise. As has been mentioned, if one goes in with diminished expectations and focuses on the fact that he/she is lighting up aliens w a pulse rifle, a modicum of fun can be had with A:CM. Nonetheless, the die hard alien fans were scammed regarding the way the game was delivered to them (sold a bill of goods etc). IMO, Aliens: "insurrection" and the AVP films were all greater blemishes on the franchise than the recent video game.

I hate Alien 3 a lot and even I will agree that Alien 3 is a lot better than Colonial Marines :lecture

Hicks alive is the worst thing ever thought up by a person. It played like a 13 year old's crappy wank fan fiction.

Even better: it played like Randy Pitchford's crappy wank fan fiction. ;) They were so high on themselves, acting like they did the fans a favor by negating the events of Alien 3. Like that movie or not, it's a much better alternative to Colonial Marines.
They didn't even explain the whole ordeal either, did they? "We switched Hicks' body with some random guy, but must have missed Ripley sleeping 5 feet away from him".

wut

I hate Alien 3 a lot and even I will agree that Alien 3 is a lot better than Colonial Marines :lecture
Most well-made film in the franchise after Alien. :yess:

Randy tweeted this last night:

'@NECA_TOYS: Next year We'll be celebrating a big anniversary of one of the best films ever made. Expect a teaser tomorrow night. #meow'

Ripley with Jones?

Randy tweeted this last night:

'@NECA_TOYS: Next year We'll be celebrating a big anniversary of one of the best films ever made. Expect a teaser tomorrow night. #meow'

Ripley with Jones?

Well Batman Returns is good but not one of the best films ever. Sounds like Jonessey w Liutenant Ripley YES

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZWYZWCcAAzw8B.jpg:large

Looks like a Nostromo dio, a Rambo mineshaft dio, a Predator final battle 2 pack dio (probably with a 2 pack exclusive dutch) and also small dios for each of the Kenner Preds. Not sure what all the stuff in the case to the left is. Looks like a really big wooded area type dio. You can also see a 1/4th Dutch. Also, you can see the cat in the case to the right that gets cut off in the picture. There's a tag that says "Aliens" right next to the cat. What could they put there? Maybe the Genocide 2 pack and the new marine? We'll see..

They're gonna confuse matters by having all these dioramas which they probably aren't releasing as a commercial product and the P2 trophy wall, which they did release, all displayed together.

Back