NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For us customizers, NECA posted on thier twitter that the series 2 Marine will come with sleeved arms, but will most likely NOT be coming with a helmet. So it looks like the 2-packs are gonna be the only way to get the helmets for now.

What is up with this BS position on helmets?! Are they really THAT expensive to make? I feel like I am a starving man, and Neca is finally showing up with tasty fried chicken, but they are taking a bite out of every piece, then spitting on it before they toss it to me.

If it truly ends up with no helmet my planned purchases of that figure drops from ~5 to just 1.

What is up with this BS position on helmets?! Are they really THAT expensive to make? I feel like I am a starving man, and Neca is finally showing up with tasty fried chicken, but they are taking a bite out of every piece, then spitting on it before they toss it to me.

If it truly ends up with no helmet my planned purchases of that figure drops from ~5 to just 1.

Not that they are expensive to make, they just want people to buy their 2 packs. It's ok though, the helmets are likely to be extremely warped anyway. :lecture

sadly, Randy (neca) intimated that the marine in series 2 will not actually be a marine from the film. If true, and I think it is, that is some really bad news. In fact, without explicitly stating it, randy made it sound like neca will not be including any additional marines in the line...at least in the near future. Bishop has been confirmed, but he's not a marine. I so hope im wrong. Im a big fan of series 1, but if the marines from the film aren't going to be the backbone of the line, this re-launch isn't going to make it very far. Come on, neca...spring for the likeness rights.

This whole thing has me a bit nervous as well. I'm never sure if we're being misdirected through Twitter just to 'keep things under wraps' or if it's pretty solid info...

For as many quality control problems as I seem to experience and hear about, I have a hard time putting too much faith in NECA, but I'm trying here. Just not Stan Winston. Please. :thud:

---

Copied from the AvPGalaxy Forums, June 26th:

From Twitter:

Q: Looking forward to that 3rd Colonial Marine Reveal!

A: it's a unique one and truly special, all will be explained/revealed at #sdcc

Q: James Cameron as a Marine? :lol

A: Not quite but getting warmer

Q: james remar as hicks or one of the NECA dev team?

A: 3 weeks ;)

---

Not that they are expensive to make, they just want people to buy their 2 packs. It's ok though, the helmets are likely to be extremely warped anyway. :lecture

So you think they will follow the formula. Regular release no helmet, then the flame thrower marine gets re-released in a 2 pack with another battle damage alien? Perhaps....

an ON FIRE ALIEN?!?!?! ....

(I started writing that as a joke. Then I realized that actually may be a decent idea. Pack it with a re-release of the Black repaint warrior...but on fire. I'd buy it. Would bring symmetry to the line. I'd stilll be f'n furious about a 3rd helmet-less single marine though.)

Somewhat funnily with all these helmetless marines the ones whose main (only) looks did not include a helmet are thusfar not being made - Drake and Vasquez.

Im not buying them unless they have helmets. and I am not buying the 2 packs.

therefore I am not getting any marines. ***** you neca

instead of **** you NECA, it sounds more like **** you crows. You're just not going to have the best marines available at any price? you're choice, of course.

I am not buying the 2 packs.

therefore I am not getting any marines. ***** you neca

:panic:

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

I understand why we will never get a Ripley but why can't we get the power loader? Other Marines used them - does it have to be that screen specific? Watching the film again, the Queen looks bigger than the loader; and we are getting that? Come on NECA - give us the loader! Anyone have the old loader model? Is it scale compatible?

Maybe the next marine will be from the crappy video game, or that jerk o'malley that Kenner made up. I really just want more marines. I'll buy whomever they make.

I just got Hicks and the Alien Warrior, so I figured I'd share my 2 cents...

First off, I love 'em. I really truly do. The articulation is fantastic on both Hicks and the Alien, and you can easily get some awesome poses. This paired with the sculpting is a home run combo! Additionally, all the little accessories and fine details on Hicks (and Hudson, though I don't have him...yet!) is great as well and really goes that extra step forward.

However, I also ran into some QC issues, mainly on the alien. Now, when I pick my figures out I do what I'm sure we all do and that's checking the paint jobs and any noticeable QC problems. I typically look to see if any parts are damaged or missing, the least warped one, etc. So for the Alien, I wanted to get one that wasn't overly brown and so I found one. Upon opening him up, I noticed the jaw was kinda wonky, like lop-sided. As a result, the jaw doesn't close correctly and the teeth don't clench like they should. OK fine, but then I see that one of the little 'tendon' thingys on the sides of the mouth is cracked. I don't want to mess with it for fear of breaking so it is what it is. Since he was kinda turned in the package, I didn't spot any of this.

Hicks is fine in terms of joints, no breakage, etc. I had more of minor paint issues but a few of which really annoyed me. For example, most of the little silver 'snaps' or buttons were applied just off the mark and so there are a bunch of little silver circles where they shouldn't be...one that was particularly frustrating should have been next to the "born again" text, but instead was applied right in the middle of "again" UGH!

now, you may look at my post and see that I wrote more about the negative than positive. Despite all of the grips and nit-picks, I really do love these things. I'm eagerly awaiting Hudson and everything else on the rise. Really hoping we get more actual Marines; Drake, Apone, Vasquez, Gorman, etc. And an in-scale Queen? Fantastic.

I'm confused on the Sigourny thing. Didn't she allow her likeness for the mattel Ghostbuster figure, and some Avatar figures? You'd think if she allowed it for those then she'd sign off on Alien...

now, you may look at my post and see that I wrote more about the negative than positive.

Often the way with me aswell, despite me feeling positive overall.

I'm confused on the Sigourny thing. Didn't she allow her likeness for the mattel Ghostbuster figure, and some Avatar figures? You'd think if she allowed it for those then she'd sign off on Alien...

They're obviously just too chicken to try releasing Ripley without any guns. Are they right? We know we would buy a Ripley without guns and simply give her the guns from another marine figure. But would casual buyers have the sense or the willingness to do that? **** them. NECA just make her. No guns. So be it.

They should theoretically be able to make Ripley and put her in the power loader. No guns on that thing, and it would sell like ****ing hotcakes...buttery, syrupy ones.

Oh so it's a gun thing? Sort of like will Smith and that's why the enterbay figure didn't really have weapons. Wow if that's the only reason, then yeah, neca should just make her without them, or like you said... packed in with the power loader, that's be insanely awesome:exactly:

I think it's a little more then just guns, it's more about $$$$$ and plus weaver seems to be a butt about things.

Randy posted this on twitter today: "Alien on Blu. Studying for '14 figures. 35th Anniversary you know? Just doesn't get much better. They don't make em like this anymore"

Since we already know the new Giger Alien is sculpted and ready to go this fall, this must mean they are making humans from ALIEN! I would love a Kane or Dallas in the EVA suit.

Last edited:
Back