NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that Superman looks amazing. Is it me, or does that figure look better than the 1/4 version? The hair and the hairline is much better on the 7'' inch version.
I agree. The paint on those pics look like utter perfection. Flawless. I don't know if they're factory sample pics or his actual figures from retail or not though. Fingers crossed that they all look like that!

I hope it is an actual retail figure copy, it looks amazing! But yeah, the hair definitely does not look as tall and poofy as the 1/4th scale one does.

Damn looks like I have to get Ledger Joker afterall :thud: I thought Figma or SHF nailed Ledger, this is better than HT

I have to get Reeve Superman first
NECA really knocked these guys out of the park. The sculpts, the likeness, are all spot on. The NECA 1/4 Joker was pretty damn good, but I think this 7" is one of the best Heath Ledger jokers we've seen.

Wow. I can't disagree with you on that. And that's definitely not a knock on the Adam West and Heath Ledger figures, because they look great. Gorgeous figure

Diamonds.

Looks like the 1/4 was just another prototype :lol

These are out next week right?

NECA said the Superman figure should be shipping to the TRU stores next week, and the pre-orders from the Warner brothers store will be filled starting 11/7.

Went to my local TRU, picked clean, online isn't an option for me so I guess no West unless he's online decent down the road when I might have the option, i see plenty of Keatons for like $30 these days, reasonable.

Here's an interview with Neca about the DC 7' inch line.

Dan Greenfield: This was such a strange announcement in that it came on the same day as availability. Usually, we have to wait months for something after the reveal. Why was this done this way?

Randy Falk: Because the Internet has ruined surprises for just about everything, and we like to bring some of that classic feeling back of walking into a toy aisle and being blown away, like “What is this?! I didn’t know this was coming out?!” I know had we announced this in advance, eager fans would be driving Toys R Us crazy with calls and visits asking about them, so it made sense to keep it all secret until we had them in stores or on trucks to stores the very day we dropped the reveal. It was all carefully orchestrated and planned, and I am thrilled with how it’s played out so far.

Dan: You hit it big with Batman, Superman and the Joker right out of the gate. The natural question is, what’s next? Will we also be getting, say, Burt Ward Robin and Christian Bale Batman? DeVito Penguin? Cavill Superman?

Randy: The honest answer is I don’t know. Last year we blew everyone away with the 25th Anniversary Keaton Batman tie-in; that is what led this to happen, but we were not sure this was a go until June, so there is no given or certainty with this. We are working closely with (Warner) Home Video to offer great and unique tie-ins that you can’t get any other way. I certainly have my list or hopes for next year but I don’t know for sure IF there will be another opportunity. I hope that if these sell well and Warner Home Video and Toys R Us are pleased with the results and sell-through, then we can talk about expanding in 2016. If we could do this every fall/holiday it would be amazing.

Dan: Would we see characters NECA hasn’t produced yet, like, for example, Batman TV villains or Superman movie villains? Or Dark Knight Trilogy characters or Burton Batman villains?

Randy: … Really no idea, but most likely we would be offering scaled-down versions of characters we had only been able to offer in 1/4 scale before.

Dan: The 7-inch Christopher Reeve Superman is a particular surprise since there’s never been a figure even close to this size before. How were you able to make that happen?

Randy: Again it is all part of the home-video promotion; we had the chance to add more … this year (last year was just one, Keaton Batman) and Reeve Superman was at the top of my list, since it is such an important figure and no matter what, he is still Superman to the majority of fans and audiences worldwide. I had to get Reeve and Ledger in there as they both gave amazing performances and have a legacy that we are honored to be immortalizing in toy form.

Dan: I know you have a personal connection to a lot of your licenses, like the late, lamented Planet of the Apes line. Where does this line rank for you in your personal pantheon?

Randy: Very high up there because you don’t get much bigger than DC and these classic heroes. I grew up with ’66 Batman and saw Reeve Superman in the theater with my dad as a kid — it means so much to me and to others. The nostalgia and the feelings you get from seeing those movies or shows again can’t be beat. We never had proper toys of any of them, and anything that has been done in modern times of decent quality has been untouchable for most because of price point. For us it is a dream to be playing in a universe we normally can’t touch due to licensing restrictions and to bring collectors and fans toys that they have wanted for nearly 40 years.
When I got our first samples I set them all up along with the previously released Keaton Batman and we all kind of stood back looking at them on the desk, thinking “How freaking cool?!? This is incredible — we actually have our own little DC universe under way here.”
I am so pleased with how they turned out too: the production from the factory, the packaging, the deco, every little thing. I hope fans enjoy them as much as we do and I hope that there will be more in 2016 and beyond.

NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Found a Ledger Joker at my local TRU. There were no Reeve figures, so I'm going to have to check back.

Back to The Joker: I must admit that this is the very best Ledger Joker figure I've ever owned for various reasons... The sculpt is one of the best I've seen on a 7" figure, it even looks better that SSC's upcoming PF, and IMO, it even looks better than the DX11's. Yeah, he's light in accessories but who cares! This little guy feels like a $100 figure if I didn't know NECA released it...

The best part of this whole thing is that it only costs $20. My collecting habits have changed drastically, there was a point in which looking at my collection made me SICK to think how much coin I've spent on dolls. I now make more money, but I was just not happy with myself. I'm glad I sold them all.

This, on the other hand, truly makes me smile. Great sculpt, a quality toy, and affordable to the point of me feeling great about my purchase. Can't wait for all else NECA has planned!

1e131582c210428a5ca5f7ccbf7268e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Yeah, what is it with smaller, cheaper scales getting better head sculpts than the high end stuff? You would think the big high end companies would totally and 100% nail the face and heads of the characters with all their tech and master sculptors, but there's always something off, yet some good smaller scale figures, i.e: Neca DC stuff (or most of their licenses), Figuarts SW etc etc, outshine them in that regard.

Are DC vehicles within the realms of possible releases for NECA?

Man, imagine a Tumbler, 89 Batmobile, Batpod...

Hell, I'll even buy the ugly Bat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back