NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to sell my HT Keaton Batman, and when that once came out I'd sold my old Sovereign custom so I had nothing but the Toybiz and couldn't afford the 18" NECA. I thought the 4" would be my only option but even in that situation, I couldn't justify spending as much as the store wanted. When NECA made their announcement, I was excited and really scared I'd not find one and be forced to pay 18" NECA prices for the little figure on eBay, which I wouldn't. I was so glad i was able to get one, and while not in scale, stood next to the Hot Wheels Batmobile, he looks great. I hope I'm able to get a West and I'll do the same, then if I can get a Bale next year to go with my Tumbler I'll have the trio.

Fortunately you have another shot with the HT Batman Returns upcoming. That must've been real hard to give up the HT 89 batman, that sculpt alone was worth any 12" or 6" Keaton figure I ever owned. I have two, no way will I ever part with either of them.

Same will go for this new Batman Returns from HT. IMO HT created something that's ureplaceable :lecture

It was very tough, by the time I sold it, I was at a point of having to sell most treasured things and deciding what really mattered most overall. Batman lost to Rambo basically. I even had to sell my Jack Sparrow DX custom which I really hate, but things happen. Part of the problem to is, some of my collection is valuable to me but not on the market, HT figures tend to be an investment even though I never planned that, there's always money to make off them if it's popular enough. HT Keaton was one of my favorite figures I've ever had. While nowhere near the same level, as a Batman fan, the 7" NECA does an amazing job of giving me the same satisfaction HT did. I look over at the NECA and it really captures that suit so well, the way the cape fans out of his shoulders, the cowl, he just looks great. My biggest figure collection now is 7" scale so in some ways I like better that my Keaton is part of that.

I really hope to find West, my closes TRU didn't have it Friday, or is already sold out, didn't ask management because they're not very friendly about that sort of thing there, but I'll be going back every day this week looking.

Well here's the Mattel Movie Masters Ledger Joker:

s-l1600.jpg

Compare that with the Neca Ledger Joker:

joker.jpg

Note: Note my pics but I do have both of them.

I could never understand the HT, Rambo line

There was the first version which I own that was a mediocre TT at best but the weapons were great

Then there was a Rambo 3 version, which was all but hard to find. Barely any online vendors carried it and the eBay prices were ridiculous at almost $500

And that was it .

It was such a strange promotion, barely any YouTube reviews until two or three years later.

Can not understand why HT never tried to develop the line more:dunno

I could never understand the HT, Rambo line

There was the first version which I own that was a mediocre TT at best but the weapons were great

Then there was a Rambo 3 version, which was all but hard to find. Barely any online vendors carried it and the eBay prices were ridiculous at almost $500

And that was it .

It was such a strange promotion, barely any YouTube reviews until two or three years later.

Can not understand why HT never tried to develop the line more:dunno

They made 6 or 7 Rambo figures, including Colonel Trautman , but I'm still waiting for them to make a 2.0 version. I'd love a Rambo 2 figure with the red headband. I'm happy with the Neca Rambo figures though.

Yeah, they made final battle Rambo from First Blood, Rambo with the M65 military jacket from First Blood, and Trautman. Then, they made a shirtless Rambo 2 figure, Rambo wearing the jumper suit from part 2, and a Rambo 3 figure.

isOwADJ.jpg

Wow guess I was wrong

They made all these Rambos, which online stores were carrying these. I don't remember any big names selling these

Even though I have problems with Mattel, I still can't help hoping they re-release the Multiverse figures in 6-inch scale. Especially Penguin and Catwoman. (I think I read somewhere that those were sculpted for 6-inch and then scaled down. Is that right?) Since NECA based their Penguin on his onesie look (and it looks like they'll end up releasing him in 7-inch), having Mattel do the 'Mayoral Prospect' Penguin in 6-inch scale would give collectors both looks. I'd love for NECA to get the master license, though. Could you imagine? Bob the Goon! Billy Dee Harvey Dent! Max Shreck! Michael Gough Alfred! If they did, they'd HAVE to fork over the money for Nicholson, though. I mean, is it really so cost prohibitive for them to do it, if it's a one-time expenditure, considering all the variants they could make? Standard Parade Scene Joker, Jack Napier, Mime Joker, 'Partyman' Joker, Partyman Joker with runny make-up... I mean, I would buy ALL of those. I can understand that they'd only want to do one 'look' for 1/4 scale. But if they got the rights to do 7-inch? They'd HAVE to, wouldn't they? I'd want a 1/4 Jack Joker, too. I don't think I'll EVER be able to afford the Hot Toys version. So. It really sucks not having ANY Nicholson representation when I have Romero, Hamill and Ledger all on my shelf.

Maybe one day NECA will get Nicholson. I wouldn't mind a Romero Joker from Neca, although I'm not sure if they are making a 1/4 Romero Joker. All of a sudden, Neca's 1/4 line has become one of my most anticipated line of figures, but not because I'm interested in that scale, I'm just curious as to what other figures might get a 7'' treatment. Bale, Cavil, and Battfleck should get a 7'' inch figures in the near future....I don't see why not. It also makes me wonder what other lines they can release as part of a DVD deal, TMNT, Marvel, or maybe some other movie characters?

Back