NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the 1990 movie yesterday. Fantastic movie. It really makes my admiration for the NECA figures even bigger. They are perfect in my view. Just waiting for Mike now!

20170812_012525.jpg

For those of you who have reached out to NECA CS, how long did it take for your to get a response? I reached to them via Twitter per the recommendation of @DioramaMaker two weeks ago and I have not heard a response. I tried this week and still nothing. Any other tips that might work?

oh, thank you! will watch. i believe it will be really important in future, as those pegs just want to be broken.
after watching that video and seeing the inner construction i think it's best to just disassemble all turtles and make the groin holes for leg joints slightly bigger or, if it's not the hole size problem but the ratcheting problem, to cut off the ridges on pegs.
it's a pity he didn't show how he managed to take the shell part off without cutting it.
He says in his perfect english that he heated the shell with a hairdryer. I remember another post that a guy did the same thing by dipping the figure into boiled water and pulling the torso, which came out pretty easily

He says in his perfect english that he heated the shell with a hairdryer. I remember another post that a guy did the same thing by dipping the figure into boiled water and pulling the torso, which came out pretty easily
thanks for this info. i guess i fast-forwarded the beginning without sound.
mirror wall is exactly what is needed for these figures to see both their fronts and back shells in all glory. i must do the same when i'll be deciding how to expose them.

I would make them centrepieces of a room if I could. I'd have a big sealed display case in the middle of a room with these guys standing back to back in a kind of circle - like as though they're surrounded by the Foot Clan. The Hot Toys '89 Batmobile is another one I'd want to display in the middle of a room like this. As it stands I'm limited to viewing that from one angle alone - I'd love to be able to walk around it.

Last edited:
I just have the brother standing on top of my display cases. The look great up there, as if they are daring someone to mess with my stuff lol

after watching that video of disassembling a TMNT i'll gladly buy the first batch Michaelangelo and then the second batch if there will be improvements.
an extra turtle will be used as an organ donor in case of any breaks :lol

Thinking of going ahead and buying another Leonardo after I get Mikey - hopefully Mikey won't have any issues - I don't know when I'll get around to getting the paints I need to fix the problems on Leo's head or if I'd even be successful with it at that. But also - merely to have a spare, indeed an 'organ donor'. In addition to that I'm wondering if subsequent Leo batches might have longer bandanas....

Thinking of going ahead and buying another Leonardo after I get Mikey - hopefully Mikey won't have any issues - I don't know when I'll get around to getting the paints I need to fix the problems on Leo's head or if I'd even be successful with it at that. But also - merely to have a spare, indeed an 'organ donor'. In addition to that I'm wondering if subsequent Leo batches might have longer bandanas....
Someone should just make a few replacement bandannas. One thing I did like about secret of the ooze was the longer bandanas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The ones on my Leo seem to be a tad shorter than the bandanas on the other two. It's the inconsistency I don't like. It doesn't actually look bad in and of itself.

The ones on my Leo seem to be a tad shorter than the bandanas on the other two. It's the inconsistency I don't like. It doesn't actually look bad in and of itself.
Yeah my Donnies is short but don't feel like buying an whole new figure just for the bandanna length.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Neither would I. I'd need multiple reasons - which I kinda have:

-short bandana
-paint errors and scratches
-bent sword (semi fixed but still not perfect)
-''just in case''

I looked and it just seem like all the chubby waist stands are white. Any suggestions where to get black or what black paint to use?

I looked and it just seem like all the chubby waist stands are white. Any suggestions where to get black or what black paint to use?

Normal spray paint and clear coat just make sure you do a few coats of clear coat so it protects it .

Back