NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the Tokar and Rahzer having these movable parts in the faces..makes me think they should redo the turtles with movable face features
i also see movable fingers.
but the monsters have giant ugly face features, easy to cover additional joints. i don't see even a moving mouth looking good on a turtle.

I am pretty annoyed that NECA decided to jump to the animated figures for 1/4 scale and not finish the movie line
with, at the very least, Splinter.... if not both him and Casey Jones.

Highly doubt that Tokka and Rahzar will get the 1/4 scale treatment, since they are so big and bulky. Same with Super Shredder.
I would personally be on board with all three being issued as 1/4 scales, though.

If they had made only the Turtles at 1/4 it probably wouldn't feel like Splinter was an omission. But since they also released Shredder and a Footsoldier it is more glaring what hasn't yet been done at that scale.

That said, I only bought the Turtles themselves. And I might not have bought even those if this line had started out at 1/10.

Speaking of 1/10 I was surprised to get a shipping notification for Shredder, Splinter and the foot soldiers from Staractionfigures in the UK. I thought they weren't due till April or something. So I'll have those this week. This will be my first post-Brexit order from the UK. Ordered pre, but charged and shipping after.

Yeah I have to say I'd be totally annoyed had I collected the 1/4 scale turtles and they stopped and shifted to the 1/10. At least they did Shredder and foot clan though.

So TNI revealed that Movie Turtles will now be Walmart exclusives and that Neca said they will be distributed in mass and this includes online and in store

So now we don’t have to worry about GameStop screwing up the ordering

Unfortunately they said the Casey Jones won’t be unmasked..they weren’t able to get Elias approval rights

They also mentioned that Neca has switched to Walmart because they feel that they don’t want people to go and pay through the secondary market too much for Neca products from now on.

So sounds like Neca is getting their act together :lecture

The only downside is I believe most will be 2 packs other than Super Shredder who can likely be solo because he’ll be deluxe. I do appreciate the ability to buy singles through GameStop.

Yeah I had no issue with Gamestop personally, preorder windows seemed to be pretty open. Just open Walmart does them.

Target on the other hand stinks for finding them. That really sucks about Casey Jones.

Yeah I had no issue with Gamestop personally, preorder windows seemed to be pretty open. Just open Walmart does them.

Target on the other hand stinks for finding them. That really sucks about Casey Jones.

Yeah, Target is a let down, their website isn?t the best for NECA and stores around me don?t do much NECA stock, every time I see the crazy displays on Twitter I always wish one near me looked like that.

Is anybody thinking it?s a little too late to be coming out with 1/4 Cartoon turtles

I think these huge figures with the goofy faces would look strange in someone?s collection :horror

not for folks who never have the 1/4 to begin with. it's a good start. but still too big. but if you compare it with the 1/4 statue, it's like a quarter of the price.

The Ghostbusters Wal-Mart ex were easy to get on their website. It gives me hope for the neca figures. I wish Wal-Mart had the cartoon figures instead of Target. Target sucks.

If the Walmart relationship plays out well, I could see a shift to rerelease somehow through them, however these deals are done, NECA is up and leaving GameStop so they could probably get out of Target. It also depends on the license. I went crazy to make sure I got a Target Exclusive Godzilla and I still see it in stores easily, Turtle demand is far higher than supply, or more people are taking advantage of scalping.

Anyone buy the most recent re-release of the 1/4 scale this winter...apparently NECA changed the OOZE canister with Donatello to the undamaged one that LEO came with instead of the damaged one. Now I have to try to hunt down that part.

doesn't matter, i'm getting the monsters for any price! :panic:

Same here. I'm mainly interested in Tokka, but since they're a 2-pack, I'm fine with getting Rahzar as well. Will also order Super Shredder as soon as he is up.

I'm really getting deeper into this line. I have 1:4 Leo and all 4 7" turtles. I just ordered 2 foot soldiers, and I'm planning on building a rooftop diorama once I move in my new house.

After receiving my 2 Footsoldiers I immediately ordered another 6.

IPg5Kg8.gif

The Turtles should be outnumbered. 2 Footsoldiers per Turtle seems like a nice enough ratio.

Back