NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the swords on mine is definitely wonky - the hand-guard is crooked and the blade itself leans to one side.

From that, the paint errors and getting an unexpected customs charge on my Alien Queen from BBTS it's not been a great toy day.

Its never really a good day being a NECA collector in the UK anymore as the price of figures has shot up in the last few years to buy in store and the pound to dollar exchange rate has become abysmal so buying from the US is also a pain (plus the customs you mentioned which is almost a guarantee). So not only are we overpaying here but its almost impossible to buy collector figures in store here as the comic shops ae the only ones that sell them and they never get all the items in stock or they sell out before you get a chance. Which leaves us to buy online and get stuck with the inevitably bad NECA quality control.

Duno if for anyone else but my Leo was by far the stiffest turtle. Like leaps and bounds. Took alot of loosening up.

Its never really a good day being a NECA collector in the UK anymore as the price of figures has shot up in the last few years to buy in store and the pound to dollar exchange rate has become abysmal so buying from the US is also a pain (plus the customs you mentioned which is almost a guarantee). So not only are we overpaying here but its almost impossible to buy collector figures in store here as the comic shops ae the only ones that sell them and they never get all the items in stock or they sell out before you get a chance. Which leaves us to buy online and get stuck with the inevitably bad NECA quality control.

Well the issues mine has wouldn't have been identifiable in store anyway. Maybe the tiny scratches on the top of his cranium because you can look through the window of the box from a top-down angle but I wouldn't have seen stuff like this on the sides of his head:

Duno if for anyone else but my Leo was by far the stiffest turtle. Like leaps and bounds. Took alot of loosening up.

Same for my Leo but it's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. He's not loose in his shell and prone to lurching forward like my Donnie and Raph are.

Mine has a loose torso like Raph. So far Donnie is my best Turtle as far as quality control.

Wow, its really pot luck then. My Donnie is the worst for that issue and he's the one of the three that is cross eyed sadly.
I have some of those paint defects you have under the bandana on the front of his face. I'd have probably tried getting them replaced if it wasn't such an an ordeal getting them here in the first place. :lol Just have to make the best of it. I have them up pretty high on a shelf so things I only really notice when looking up close.

Wow, its really pot luck then. My Donnie is the worst for that issue and he's the one of the three that is cross eyed sadly.
I have some of those paint defects you have under the bandana on the front of his face. I'd have probably tried getting them replaced if it wasn't such an an ordeal getting them here in the first place. :lol Just have to make the best of it. I have them up pretty high on a shelf so things I only really notice when looking up close.

Obviously the ideal would be that they're all perfect because, as you said, it's too much of a pain in the arse for us to do anything about it and we risk getting replacements that are no better. But, in a weird way, I think had my Leo been perfect it would have exacerbated my feelings about the Raphael figure I got. As it stands Donatello is an aberration. The other 2 are like normal services from NECA. And I know that so many other people will end up with the exact same imperfections, so I won't be alone. :lol

Obviously the ideal would be that they're all perfect because, as you said, it's too much of a pain in the arse for us to do anything about it and we risk getting replacements that are no better. But, in a weird way, I think had my Leo been perfect it would have exacerbated my feelings about the Raphael figure I got. As it stands Donatello is an aberration. The other 2 are like normal services from NECA. And I know that so many other people will end up with the exact same imperfections, so I won't be alone. :lol

Certainly not, all mine have some imperfections but Donnie probably the most annoying being cross eyed. If Mikey gets here without major damage I'll breathe a huge sign of relief that it's over. :lol No more eBay GSP for a while hopefully.

Certainly not, all mine have some imperfections but Donnie probably the most annoying being cross eyed. If Mikey gets here without major damage I'll breathe a huge sign of relief that it's over. :lol No more eBay GSP for a while hopefully.

I've occasionally looked at Donatello and wondered is he cross-eyed. From some angles the bandana casts a shadow over his eyes such that the whites of his eyes look uneven. But then I hold him more directly under a light source and suddenly I can see an equal amount of white on both sides - he just looks like he's intently studying something close to him. Makes a kind of sense with him being the nerdy turtle.

Love that baby pic LOL.
Need to take a hairdryer to Leo as the joints are stiff, really dont want to break him Plus the swords are bent too.
Other than the loose torso its a great figure. Very happy, just Mikey next

Saw this on FB :lol

It was entitled " My baby or something like that

Everyone on my facebook was cooing over a newborn on the day I got my Leo so felt left out haha

Here's my original post:
e020546e206cd20eea810eee656f95e1.png

He's a cute lil feller! I saw this on one sixth society and had a good laugh. How has your friend taken it? lol

LoL loving the baby pics!

Leonardo arrived today.

Arm joints are a little stiff but easily workable. Apart from that he's practically perfect in every way.

3 by 3 excellent quality so far - Big kudos to Neca. Lookign forward to Michaelangelo to finish the set.

(unless we get a Casey, Shredder and Splinter after, obviously :wink1:)

Back