NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know if I got one I'd end up wanting all four. :lol If they were like 6 or 7 inch figures I'd buy them all no question.

I'm stopping at two. Feels like a happy medium. Enough to signify it's a group, but not so many that you feel bad for missing one.

Due to my mess up I've got 2 raphs on the way. Monday is the day. I'll be letting one go at cost plus shipping.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Was surprised to actually get Raphael this week from BBTS. I paid 28.27euro customs fees (Ireland) for anyone who may be interested.

The art box took some damage, a hole punched from the inside (he's alive! and actually 'kicked' since the hole is down at foot level) and the window part got busted at the top. Considering BBTS ships with bubblewrap it's surprising this would happen and yet so far I've gotten immaculate boxes from NECA direct and they don't provide any cushioning whatsoever in their shippers.
Also packaging related, one of his feet was not properly captured by the twisty ties and the others were looser than they normally would be. This explained the movement I could hear inside the box as I took it home - the figure was in fact moving. Thankfully this didn't appear to cause any surface damage to the figure.

I'm reasonably happy with the paint. There is some glossiness in the muscles of his right thigh and not anywhere else on the figure. Seems like it shouldn't be there but it's not too noticeable. I saw it because I'm quite deliberately looking for flaws. The light green on his snout is a little bit assymetrical but again, not too noticeable, I can live with it. His eyes...I think they're OK. I'll post a pic to get other people's opinions.

A thing that is slightly annoying me is that his default position seems to be to lean to one side inside his shell. And while I can push him upright there's resistance and he won't really lean to the opposite side much at all by comparison. So there's some sort of unevenness to his torso articulation. I don't see how it can be fixed if I can't disassemble the figure. Related to the same thing is if I straighten him from the front he becomes out of alignment at the back, if I realign him at the back he's leaning again at the front. It seems like the front and back shell are somewhat skewed.

So, some disappointment with mine but I think I'll keep it. Could be a little bit better, but could instead be a lot worse.

You could prob just apply some matte clear coat to that part of the leg to tone down the glossyness. Congrats on getting him though man now we wait for Leo to pop up on Neca's calendar.

son of a. didnt PO so been checkin sites daily hoping to see Raph instock, lurkin in this thread an all etc

so i see the talk day or so ago that calendars has raph im like this is it im gettin raph! then see talk that even their PO's havent shipped and its suspect they may not really have it and all that so passed....
:slap

You could prob just apply some matte clear coat to that part of the leg to tone down the glossyness. Congrats on getting him though man now we wait for Leo to pop up on Neca's calendar.

Thanks. Turned out that gloss was just some sort of residue, it wiped off. So that's one less issue. Overall I'm pretty happy - with my earlier description I made mine sound worse than it is.

Thanks. Turned out that gloss was just some sort of residue, it wiped off. So that's one less issue. Overall I'm pretty happy - with my earlier description I made mine sound worse than it is.

Had the same thing on mine. Took it to the car wash. ;)

Back