NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If one were to style this figure's hair into a more screen-accurate look, what would be the best approach to do that? I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread that sometimes hairspray is used? Would that work to give the hair a more coiled and curly/draped over the ears and onto the shoulders look like the one Penguin sports throughout the film?

If one were to style this figure's hair into a more screen-accurate look, what would be the best approach to do that? I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread that sometimes hairspray is used? Would that work to give the hair a more coiled and curly/draped over the ears and onto the shoulders look like the one Penguin sports throughout the film?

To be honest, you would have to add extra hair around the ears. Im thinking of doing the same to mine. In terms of styling, the hair is so coarse, it would be hard to do anything with it.

Just painted the umbrella , looks way better imo. Still need to touch a few areas up.

Also been experimenting in making the Penguins duck boat but getting one to scale is near on impossible. I did manage to find something which I have modded slightly and might repaint and weather ... the scale is off but I still think it makes quite a cool looking companion to the Penguin :)

The duck is priceless and looks huge!
I definitely need an umbrella.Any idea where I can find a decent one?

The duck is priceless and looks huge!
I definitely need an umbrella.Any idea where I can find a decent one?

Haha it is massive for a duck lol. There is a guy on here making the red and white umbrella with the dangling toys. If he can get enough peeps on board, he will do a run ;)

Haha it is massive for a duck lol. There is a guy on here making the red and white umbrella with the dangling toys. If he can get enough peeps on board, he will do a run ;)

If those expressing interest end up being in for sure, I'm already good to go:). Check out the updates in the customs thread... Moving along nicely. Once I have paint testing down I'm about ready to assemble a finished product to show off. Hopefully a week or two I'll have something concrete. Unfortunately October is a busy month for me as I LOVE Halloween and I always do a crazy difficult pumpkin carving. But anyway, keep your eyes on then thread!

If those expressing interest end up being in for sure, I'm already good to go:). Check out the updates in the customs thread... Moving along nicely. Once I have paint testing down I'm about ready to assemble a finished product to show off. Hopefully a week or two I'll have something concrete. Unfortunately October is a busy month for me as I LOVE Halloween and I always do a crazy difficult pumpkin carving. But anyway, keep your eyes on then thread!

Awesome news. you have done an awesome job so far . Cant wait to see this finished :)

Did a re paint on this guy today. I didnt like the black drool around the mouth but am still deciding to add my own...
Heres a quick pic

May even go down the route of adding blood from the nose bite scene ..

Last edited:
Great job one the repaint, GC! I don't have this figure, but if I got it, I'd also reduce the black drool around the mouth. Not sure if I would have added the blood, though. Don't get me wrong, the blood looks cool, but kinda makes the figure too scene-specific now. The weathering you added to his onesie looks pretty awesome! Great work!!

Great job one the repaint, GC! I don't have this figure, but if I got it, I'd also reduce the black drool around the mouth. Not sure if I would have added the blood, though. Don't get me wrong, the blood looks cool, but kinda makes the figure too scene-specific now. The weathering you added to his onesie looks pretty awesome! Great work!!

Thanks buddy. Yea the drool could have been better by Neca. I going to add a little black drool to mine. Yea I get that. I just wanted to do something a little different and maybe show the more sinister side to the Penguin and the facial expression helps capture that too.

He is such a cool figure tho. You should pick him up ;)

Finally saw this figure in person, it actually looks pretty awesome. I was very surprised. I might have to put this on my Christmas list.

My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas. So she told me to buy what I wanted and she would pay me back. I'd give her the gifts and I wouldn't get it till Christmas, haha .. Apparently its hard to shop for a 30 year olds.

Anyways, I am probably going to keep this MIB above one of my detolfs

penguin.JPG

I guess calendars.com no longer accepts coupons on their 1/4 figures that stinks.

I guess calendars.com no longer accepts coupons on their 1/4 figures that stinks.

Worked for me a couple days ago. Preordered the 1/4 scale Alien.

Edit: I see it now! Says "Excluded from Coupons and Discounts". That sucks! Hopefully my preorders are still good. I have 5 1/4 scales preordered with them.

Worked for me a couple days ago. Preordered the 1/4 scale Alien.

Edit: I see it now! Says "Excluded from Coupons and Discounts". That sucks! Hopefully my preorders are still good. I have 5 1/4 scales preordered with them.
That's not true. I just used the code ACCESS20 last night. Got the 1/4 NECA Chris Reeves Superman for $79.99 shipped.

Is NECA including a stand yet on these figures? I have this one sitting in my pile of loot, just wondering what to expect?

Back