NECA 1/4 DC Figures: Master Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to say it but I think NECA is done with Batman figures after the headache of DC/Alien/Predator 6 inch figure thing... I can't say I blame them. Rather them focus on other stuff like TMNT,Michael Myers

That would be unfortunate. It would be so amazing if they did a 1/4 Batman Returns Batman to round out that set.
708c98568ef8388fa9a20336fecb874f.jpg

And perhaps re-release the jumpsuit Penguin with that third headsculpt that never went into production. Oh, and an opened and closed umbrella (three times the charm).
IMG_1062_zps3e88e8ba.jpg

There is a definitely a lot more they could have done with the DC property. They could have expanded into the Animated Series line, or the comic book lines. We did get a lot of different figures from them(Returns Catwoman and two Penguins was not expected when they started this line). Its just hard to beat getting a pretty good 1/4 figure at around 100-125.

That would be unfortunate. It would be so amazing if they did a 1/4 Batman Returns Batman to round out that set.
View attachment 418955

And perhaps re-release the jumpsuit Penguin with that third headsculpt that never went into production. Oh, and an opened and closed umbrella (three times the charm).
View attachment 418954

There is no third headsculpt, this is the first one they released, the prototype has just a better paintjob on (they might have tweaked the sculpt a bit tho)

View attachment 418955

View attachment 418954

I so want a BR Batman from Neca and Mattel (the 4" figures) but I think at this time that wont be possible, at least i´m pretty sure Mattel is not going to make that figure, that line is dead, maybe we can have some hope for the 1/4 scale. shame nothing was told about Burton´s films from Neca.

There is no third headsculpt, this is the first one they released, the prototype has just a better paintjob on (they might have tweaked the sculpt a bit tho)

It looks like they tweaked the brow area. The eyes aren't bulging out, making him look more suspicious (just like when Shrek is leading him down the stairs to the party headquarter) than the released sculpt.

toy-fair-2015-neca-18-inch-figures-011.jpg

Seems to be the case...

I like Neca but one thing that bothers me about them is that they never produce villains of the same story to go with their Batman figures.

- Batman Begins - Dark Knight Joker (instead of Scarecrow)

- Batman 89 - Catwoman & Penguin (I know there are licencing problems but why not produce a Returns Batman in the first place)

- Arkham Origins/Knight - Harley (Arkham City)

- Batman 66 - no villains at all

- BvS Batman - no BvS Superman

Seems to be the case...

I like Neca but one thing that bothers me about them is that they never produce villains of the same story to go with their Batman figures.

- Batman Begins - Dark Knight Joker (instead of Scarecrow)

- Batman 89 - Catwoman & Penguin (I know there are licencing problems but why not produce a Returns Batman in the first place)

- Arkham Origins/Knight - Harley (Arkham City)

- Batman 66 - no villains at all

- BvS Batman - no BvS Superman

They have said they wanted to do the Return's suit weather that really happens remains to be seen.

I recall the folks at NECA saying something along the lines of a Returns Batman being likely to happen. That was around the time of the release of Penguin and Catwoman. "Things change."

I found a great way to do the iconic brooding Batman Begins pose. Just bend the top corner of the cape tabs a little and hook the cape onto them. Looks pretty great!

20180809_200247.jpg20180809_200549.jpg20180809_200312.jpg20180809_200700.jpg

I rebought Neca's 89 1/4 Keaton since I find the figure overall better than the DX 09. Does anyone know where I can get a custom cape for him? I know TM stopped making them, unfortunately, so I'm looking for an alternative.

^ Seconded. Ideally one that allows you to display him with the cape spread. So it would need to be double layers to allow the rods to fit.

Back