Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the opinion on this version head?
74a47c9477d200e35c19ae9052e40c1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got Drake in the mail and I must say, he's not as bad as some make it out to be. He does have the terrible puffy face and the paint isn't Hot Toys quality, but the outfit and body are superb. I'll study the stock head for now before I fully mod him. I have to say, I shouldn't have passed up on this last year since I think I can fix him.

22744500896_fa9d11fdc2_z.jpg

Closeup of Fat Face:

Fat Drake by solid_ryden, on Flickr

Last edited:
Phew! After about half an hour wrestling with the head, I've finally managed to take it apart. As mentioned by most folks, the eye piece is the culprit of why the face is so puffy. I'm gonna trim that down and repaint the head later. As you can see without the eye piece, the face is shaped as it should.

Untitled by solid_ryden, on Flickr

EDIT:

2 minutes later I managed to saw off the eye piece, and here's a rough look on how the head is with a trimmed piece:

Nathan Drake by solid_ryden, on Flickr

Last edited:
Agree with everyone. From the neck down this really is a brilliant figure. Tailoring and body are superb.

After reshaping the head, stripping the paint and priming, I can definitely see Nathan Drake in that sculpt. Or Nathan Fillion.

22161825003_c3db12b80e_z.jpg

Phew! After about half an hour wrestling with the head, I've finally managed to take it apart. As mentioned by most folks, the eye piece is the culprit of why the face is so puffy. I'm gonna trim that down and repaint the head later. As you can see without the eye piece, the face is shaped as it should.

EDIT:

2 minutes later I managed to saw off the eye piece, and here's a rough look on how the head is with a trimmed piece:

Nathan Drake by solid_ryden, on Flickr

tumblr_inline_nw8nm7RVg61qgj1qg_500.gif

Now that's a figure I would have paid SSC for.

Thanks Rambler!

Wow! What a display. Is that the ss lara on a phicen?

Yeah, the new Stainless Steel bodies, which puts even regular 1/6 bodies to shame, this thing can really pose!

That is an amazing improvement! I really wish we could get a small run of improved heads produced.

Thanks! The best could be done is to trim the eye piece and a full on repaint and he's alright.

I still think the head is a wee bit big for the figure, but there is no doubt that Ryan's work has improved it significantly. Well done.

Thanks! And I agree, it might be just slightly oversized, and the neck it too long.

Hi-ho everyone!
I know you all are probably just sick of talking about this figure and it's crappy problems (which is just a crying shame, because it's Nathan Drake and he should be awesome wherever he is!), but as a late-comer to the discussion, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's worth it to, at least, paint his eyes?
I stupidly did not research what people were saying about this figure, and when one came up on Ebay, I was just so excited at the thought of owning some Uncharted memorabilia (and after loving the faces on my two Sideshow Captain America figures), I bought it.
Like everyone else, I LOVE the body and clothes. The face is too chubby, but I'm too inexperienced with resculpting to fix it they way some of you nifty folks have. But the eyes. OH the eyes. Not only are they green which is just wrong, but they are looking in two different, derpy directions. Guuuhhhhhhh.
I am so miffed right now. I cannot believe somebody packaged this figure up thinking it was saleable.
However, I am an artist and I'm confident with what I'm capable of, however I wonder if painting them would make that much of a difference, considering his facial shape is wonky to begin with.
I'm kicking myself for spending the money I did on something so messed up.
Any tips or tricks would be helpful!

Back