Nashville Area- Anyone from there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDGuy84

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seems I am relocating to the Nashville area- was going to see if anyone from the board is from the area and could refer a good comic book store and such to me.

I'm from Nashville. You'll be going to "The Great Escape" on Charlotte Ave.

The Great Escape Superstore
5400 Charlotte Avenue
Nashville, TN 37209

The places I'm use to, sadly, are kinda grimy and unorganized. Ideally Nashville won't be the same in regards to comic books lol

The places I'm use to, sadly, are kinda grimy and unorganized. Ideally Nashville won't be the same in regards to comic books lol

Well I wouldn't say that "The Great Escape" is the cleanest and most organized place either. However it is large and has a good assortment of vintage and current comics, toys, movies, records, magazines, etc. etc. You'll see when you get here. They have a pull box system where they'll put aside your requested monthly titles. It's been around for a long time. You WILL be doing business there if you want to collect comics, unless you decide to just get a monthly subscription from the comics publisher itself or go digital. I must warn you though, Nashville isn't exactly a place that embraces this particular form of culture with open arms. This city is very much the country music capital of the U.S. So don't expect to come to this city with the hope of building a network of geek friends. We have Wizard World Convention in the fall, and some lame Comic and Horror Convention at the fairgrounds once a year. Guests usually include several washed up wrestlers, extras on Happy Days, a few stuntmen, one of the Jason actors, that little old guy that didn't talk from the Ernest movies, and if you're lucky an actual lesser known comic book artist or two.

Back