Mystolle's Bandito Tuco Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystolle

"I DO THE CUTTING"
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi freaks,

Ok, was debating whether to show some pics at this early stage, but I was thinking it would be fun to have a few WIP shots. I have been waiting anxiously for this custom and decided to try this one on my own for kicks. As a lot of you know, I am a huge fan of the Dollars Trilogy characters.

I have been posting this on the Good, Bad, Ugly thread, so some of you have seen some of the older pics. I am breaking them down into updates.

I have a clear picture of the scene I am going after, Tuco with his Bandito clothes, on his horse, pink umbrella and all, with Blondie on his knees in the desert. Lots to do, hope you like so far. For now, I present to you Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez.

tuco17.jpg

tuco13.jpg

tuco14.jpg

tuco16.jpg

A lot of it is placeholder, including the towel. I've basically been gathering some material. The serape is the toughest one to recreate. Modding the chaps will be fun too. I am happy with the weathering and sweat effect I have been able to do on his body and face so far.

Last edited:
Re: Bandito Tuco, the Bad Custom

Hi all,

Update#2. I haven't had a chance to do much, but tried sculpting a little covering the neck joint area and blending in with the paint. I think it looks good. I was also thinking of extending the upper chest piece to make it go higher to make the neck look shorter. Still thinking whether to try sculpting that or removing the upper portion of a chest piece and somehow glueing it there. We'll see. I also made his rings, necklace and leather wrap around his hand. Any feedback is appreciated.

tuco28.jpg

tuco27.jpg

tuco26.jpg

tuco22.jpg

tuco20-1.jpg

Re: Bandito Tuco Custom

Update #3. Ok, I was not completely happy with the sculpted neck last time, and decided to try it again, this time concentrating on chest and shoulders. I think it came out good, really happy with it. What do you think?

Also, created a new necklace and another hand with rings to have two sets with different poses. I am ready to hit the chaps and serape next. Hope you like.

tuco38.jpg

tuco39.jpg

tuco34.jpg

tuco31.jpg

tuco30.jpg

tuco42.jpg

tuco50.jpg

Last edited:

Update#4. Made my custom chaps. He had very distinct chaps on. Still needs a little tweaking but overall I am happy with them. Also started weathering the pants. Hope you all like.

tuco43.jpg

tuco42-1.jpg

tuco41-1.jpg

tuco44.jpg

tuco31-1.jpg

tuco38-1.jpg

Last edited:

Update# 5. A big update here, I present to you Tuco's horse. A lot of custom work on it including full paintjob, hair attachment, weathering on both horse and mount and accessories. Still a few things missing, umbrella and holder coming soon. Also, additional paint and weathering on the chaps and some on the pants. Hope you like. Getting closer.

tuco_horse1.jpg

tuco_horse2.jpg

tuco_horse4.jpg

tuco_horse5.jpg

tuco_horse6.jpg

Update #6: Serape is pretty much done. Wanted to go for that weathered look, think it came out nice. Received custom hat from Stevo, but made some modifications. Still needs some tweaking. Modified the sleeves on the shirt to give it the torn look. Getting close.

tuco75.jpg

tuco70.jpg

tuco51.jpg

tuco50-1.jpg

tuco54.jpg

tuco66.jpg

tuco71.jpg

tuco80.jpg

tuco64.jpg

tuco62.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work on the bandito Tuco.
Where did you find the serape? You mentioned it was a towel?
Great job!
The chaps looks fantastic as well. Where did you find the little spikes? Did you make the spurs as well?
Do you have a recipe for your figure?
Great job on his horse too!
He looks outstanding!

Nice work on the bandito Tuco.
Where did you find the serape? You mentioned it was a towel?
Great job!
The chaps looks fantastic as well. Where did you find the little spikes? Did you make the spurs as well?
Do you have a recipe for your figure?
Great job on his horse too!
He looks outstanding!

Hey, thanks. Yes, the serape is a thin hand towel. The colord were very accurate, and the spikes are studs that I got from an LA tds store, with legs removed and painted by me. Once I finish, I will write down some sort of list, though a lot has been hand made by me.

Update #7: Ok, this one includes two big things. The right boot now with the ripped opening showing the dirty toes. Still not finish though. And the umbrella with its saddle holder. Also, weathered up his shirt some more and tweaked the shape of the hat closer to the way he had it. Hope you all like.

tuco75a.jpg

tuco76.jpg

tuco77.jpg

tuco89.jpg

tuco79.jpg

tuco83.jpg

tuco81.jpg

Looks awesome Dago the horse and umbrella really put it over the top!

Thanks Scott. You know how much this character means to me, glad you will be making yours, can't wait. A lot of detail for sure. Can help you on anything if needed, I have been breathing this Tuco for the past month, hehe. Some pics with Blondie on my next update. Take care.

Update #8: Here we have a few more pics of Tuco making a stop on his hunt for Blondie and some familiar scenes. Added the custom pocket in his pants for his gun. Retouched the boots and further weathering on the pants and shirt.

tuco102.jpg

tuco104.jpg

tuco106.jpg

tuco105.jpg

tuco103.jpg

tuco110.jpg

tuco111.jpg

tuco117.jpg

tuco115.jpg

tuco113.jpg

Last edited:
Back