Mystical Forge - ANUBIS 1:6 - Valley of the Kings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have preffered another deity truth be told; but this is looking good, especially that throne.

Hope they do some woman; maybe a queen or a goddess, just don't sex it up.

Couldn't agree more. Nefertiti and Akhenaten would be freakin' great - definite buy from me. Or Hatshepsut. Cleopatra (Not Elizabeth Taylor). Or seeing as they have Ramses the Great, then I'd beg them to do Nefertari - she had the most beautiful tomb.

Yes custom figure. I have made a few over the years. Trying to make leather boots now. I also have a almost completes Ardeth Bay.

I agree.....and lets hope the accessories are good quality....I'm thinking of using my 1/6 Mummy figure from Universal Studios that SideShow Toys came out with years ago to place into this sarcophagus....

it's up for $230 at BBTS. That price isn't terrible imo, the quality may not necessarily be up to par with threezero/hot toys but then again i don't think there's been another figure like this to be compared too. It helps there's some interesting accessories coming with this guy plus the sarcophagus.

Either way i POd from my seller at slightly less then the BBTS price even though it's apparently exclusive to north america and europe. Hopefully my guy can pull through.

So this guy's showing up at quite a few retailers now, including bigbadtoystore and toy anxiety even has it parted out.

Anyone have him in hand? Dying for some pics.

I'm eyeing this collectible myself but need to see some reviews on this guy before I spend what they're asking . Very interesting though .

I just got him this morning. It's still boxed but I gave it a quick glance.... And I'm disappointed.

The sarcophagus is polystone and absolutely awesome, very, very heavy, the accessories are great too.

But I'm a little bit underwhelmed by the clothing and the body seems to be rubber, not silicon if I judge by the smell, but I may be wrong. If so, won't last long.

Anyone has pics of him? I can't wait to see him on hand, especially after that Gerard's GoE!!!

Yeah, sorry. I forgot to post those pics over here. The body is indeed a serious letdown. Cheap rubber (and smells horribly), like the kind of toxic crap that we used to get as kids back in the 60s before it became illegal. Any repeated bending of arms and legs will no doubt result in splitting. Way over-priced figure for that kind of s$&t. I'm probably going to trash that body and just paint a jointed muscle body black. First and last Mystical Forge figure I'll be getting.

I think you can just use an african american or tan muscle body, most despictions of anubis show him with a black head and a body with a tan or dark skin tone.

I think you can just use an african american or tan muscle body, most despictions of anubis show him with a black head and a body with a tan or dark skin tone.

True.

Still not happy about paying this much for a figure, then having to replace the body on top of it. D!@k move, Mystical Forge.

Agreed, there's nothing wrong with modifying a figure out of the box; but having to replace the entire body is ridiculous. They should have gone jointed or approached phicen if they really wanted to go the seamless route.

Back