My WIP Vader-picture heavy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a few pics from my WIP Vader, inspired by the Vaders made by Customikey, Waxmurderer and of course Hurricane.

I used a Screamin Vader kit for the armor and helmet. A SSC Terminator body, two Ultimate Villain suits, Dragon German boots and a crispy Anakin head, that I test painted real quick.

I still have a long way to go. Finding time is tough, but I'm slowly making progress.
I still need to shorten the sleeves, add more detail to the helmet, make the body taller, etc...:lol .

I just finished the gloves. I used Boromirs black gloves and carved the tops off. Then used leftover material from the Ultimate Vader suit and pleather, sewn together to make the gloves. By carving out the top of the gloves the material sits flush with it and doesn't look like it's just sitting on top of the glove. I then used leather 1mm cord to form the "seam". Do the gloves look too wide at top?

DSC05123.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05132.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05131.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05130.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05127.jpg

DSC05121.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05120.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05124.jpg
[/IMG]

That is looking beautiful! With all these great custom Vaders, any future Sideshow release is in danger of becoming anticlimactic. I hope Sideshow's release will live up to yours. Great job!

Nick

The gloves do look a little too large but other than that small detail, it looks great!

Looks awesome! My only critique is that, below the neck piece, you can see some flesh color from the base body. Other than that, nice work. :D

That looks great! I especially like the gloves you made. Very nice detail.

I LOVE This custom!
Bravo! And keep us in the loop as you go!
Great work!

:vader APPROVED!

There's some really great work here!!! I love the helmet, and the paint detail on that is amazing! Can't wait to see it completely assembled! Especially with the dome on, that's gonna be wicked!

And great idea using two Vader suits to make one, thats what I plan to do whenever the other suit comes in. Awesome stuff, Razz!

Very nice work. I'm particularly impressed with you work on the mask. You must have a very neat hand with an X-acto knife. As a possible solution to the 'peeking neck', you can either add a bit of a collar to your body suit, or paint the offending area. I went with option 1 on mine...PS

I think youve done a great job so far, gloves are a bit bit wide but look good none the less, i know how hard these are to make and i think they look exceptionally good,as for peaking neck, i always add a small skirt under the head that sorts this, i think a good gloss coat on the armor/helmet will bring out your great paint work.Top notch work so far, look forward to seeing your progress. DEFINETLY APPROVED :vader:vader:vader

Wow! Thanks for the great praise and advise guys. It means alot coming from you guys, believe me. I hope to tackle the rest of this project this weekend. I'll keep you posted!

Last edited:
Looking fantastic DarthRazz, great work all around. I've never been brave enough to tackle Vader, my skills are not yet up to par. But you've given me hope that it IS indeed possible. Wonderful work so far, I cannot wait to see it when it's finished. Keep it up bro. :duff

OK guys , it's been a while, but here is my progress so far. I've made the gloves shorter, made a pleather codpiece and belt. Both are actual functioning belts. I'll show pics next time, I also extended the legs. I still have a LONG way to go but so far so good. Still need to make the inside parts of the neck piece and touch up a few loose strings and clean up some spots and paint in the rest of some areas. Especially the chest plate which has a quick paint job.
I need to attach the shin guards to the boots, etc...:lol

I tip my hat to Hurricane and Wax and all other Vader makers. This is not easy, but it is fun and rewarding. I'll keep you guys posted with the progress.

DSC05284.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05285.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC05287.jpg
[/IMG]

Back