My try at building the 1/6 Scale Falcon Cockpit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
out of curiosity how much $ have you spent so far on this? Not counting time, just materials and services 3d printing etc.?

out of curiosity how much $ have you spent so far on this? Not counting time, just materials and services 3d printing etc.?

Nate,

I'm not exactly sure. Most of the material I already had on hand. I have two 3D printers. I download a couple files from GrabCad (chairs). But I have used about 2 -3 spools of PLA. One sheet (4x4) 1mm styrene sheet. Various aluminum and copper rods.

Izzy

the other thing I was wondering is how you're doing the tiny buttons? Are the panels one solid piece of clear acrylic? If so are you simply painting the surface with the buttons masked off or you using vinyl? All those thin white lines...thats gotta be vinyl strips right?

its looking fantastic!

the other thing I was wondering is how you're doing the tiny buttons? Are the panels one solid piece of clear acrylic? If so are you simply painting the surface with the buttons masked off or you using vinyl? All those thin white lines...thats gotta be vinyl strips right?

its looking fantastic!

Thanks Natedog,

The back panels are laser cut acrylic panels. I'm using Crystal Clear to fill in the squares and holes for the lighting. The switches are the arduino connectors. the rockers are something I printed on the 3d printer, which coated with a clear resin. the thin lines are 1/32 and 1/64 pinstripe tape that I bought from Hobbyking. They sell all different sizes of pinstripe tape. It would be possible to do it without that. I tried the thin paint pens. They started out great but then turned into a big mess. :slap So I went back to the tape and gave it a clear coat to keep them in place.

Did some detail work on the interior of the front cockpit:

IMG_20160613_190812 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20160613_190829 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20160613_190843 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20160613_203618 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Added one of the over head box controllers. Still have to build the other one:
IMG_20160613_204130 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20160613_204232 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Other pics of the side armrest details:

IMG_20160612_211952 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20160612_211744 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20160612_211714 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Ive been reading through your build and man I gotta say that this is some amazing work my friend !

Insane attention to detail and all executed beautifully, very very humbling to see such skill, care and attention but also very inspiring at the same time.

Pete

Back