My toy buying rampage!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbrad1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just went on a toy splurge and let me tell you it was quite satisfying!! I bought the Hot Toys Kyle Reese, Hot Toys Superman, Takara Batman, Hot Toys T-800 (which I will be customizing with BBi G-3.5 Body builder body and HS), Takara Catwoman, Hot Toys Robocop, and a new Deckard from Blade Runner. I have also pre-ordered Brosnan Bond, Connery Bond, Bib Fortuna, and the First Blood Rambo. What a month has it been!!! Anyone else have a big toy month? I look forward to buying more toys in the near future as I am sure many of you do. I couldn't come off the hip for the Jabba, mostly due to its size. I can't imagine where I will put it because my apartment isn't quite big enough!!!

Cheers,

Brad

Migwit said:
From where did you purchase the Deckard figure? :monkey1

I got it from Toy Square for 60 bucks...it's the version 3.0 Android Hunter figure. I had the first one but I sold. Eventually, I will probably end up replacing that head too.

Cheers,

Brad

I wish I could go on a spree, but unfortunately I'm not able to. The only figure I'll likely be able to buy for the next couple months is the Medicom Jack Sparrow. Anything else will have to wait.

But that's okay, because there's honestly not that much out there for me in the realm of my usual 12 inch figures to buy....Don't collect SW, and Buffy figures are months away from being released....

Crikey drbrad, what happened? Have you been on a sabatical? Did you have to save up, get another credit card, or did you just go ape? What a haul. Did you buy all these whilst out shopping, and have them all in hand, or have you been doing alot of on-line shopping, and will have to wait?

drbrad1975 said:
I just went on a toy splurge and let me tell you it was quite satisfying!! I bought the Hot Toys Kyle Reese, Hot Toys Superman, Takara Batman, Hot Toys T-800 (which I will be customizing with BBi G-3.5 Body builder body and HS), Takara Catwoman, Hot Toys Robocop, and a new Deckard from Blade Runner. I have also pre-ordered Brosnan Bond, Connery Bond, Bib Fortuna, and the First Blood Rambo. What a month has it been!!! Anyone else have a big toy month? I look forward to buying more toys in the near future as I am sure many of you do. I couldn't come off the hip for the Jabba, mostly due to its size. I can't imagine where I will put it because my apartment isn't quite big enough!!!

Cheers,

Brad

Dude! You warm my heart! :D
I mean, THAT's a toy spree!
No Hot Toys Batman huh? Not with that Bale head I bet!
And yeah, which Deckard is that you got?
Cool stuff!

creecher said:
Crikey drbrad, what happened? Have you been on a sabatical? Did you have to save up, get another credit card, or did you just go ape? What a haul. Did you buy all these whilst out shopping, and have them all in hand, or have you been doing alot of on-line shopping, and will have to wait?

Yep, I was on a sabatical. I had to finish out my residency, then move, then start my job. I just got my first real paycheck last week and I just figured that I would buy all of the figures that I wanted, plus some of those were pre-orders but I added some :). I actually went on a online shopping spree. Let me tell you, I had a blast. It's fun to be back in the game again. Thanks for the reply Creecher. I hope everyone is doing well!!

Cheers,

Brad

Ahaaa, on-line. Back in the game, huh? The waiting game. :lol Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Figuremaster Les said:
Dude! You warm my heart! :D
I mean, THAT's a toy spree!
No Hot Toys Batman huh? Not with that Bale head I bet!
And yeah, which Deckard is that you got?
Cool stuff!

I wish I could see the Hot Toys in person, but the pictures make the Takara look better. However, I have some concerns about the longevity of the Takara figure, just as Michael discribes. It's the old Version 3.0 Deckard figure. I had the version 1.0 version. During the move I pulled it out after years of sitting in a box, and I said to myself this headsculpt is just plain awful. Looks nothing like Deckard at all...so I sold it and bought a new one hoping that it will look better. I am crossing my fingers. The state of 12" collecting has improved so much in the past 10 years when I started. Just look at the improvements in SS, and I thought that they were the cats meow in the beginning. They still are consistently putting out quality product all the time, but they are leaps and bounds better than they were. I just pulled out my first SS figure, Frankenstein. Although he still looks great, SS has stepped it up a notch with stands more consistent and better bodies. Frankenstein is loose and wobbly...I can't even really pose him because his arms and legs just flail everywhere. I haven't gotten a loose body from SS since!!! I think there QC has gotten a lot better. Sorry for the long rant and tangent!!! :)

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
I wish I could see the Hot Toys in person, but the pictures make the Takara look better. However, I have some concerns about the longevity of the Takara figure, just as Michael discribes. It's the old Version 3.0 Deckard figure. I had the version 1.0 version. During the move I pulled it out after years of sitting in a box, and I said to myself this headsculpt is just plain awful. Looks nothing like Deckard at all...so I sold it and bought a new one hoping that it will look better. I am crossing my fingers. The state of 12" collecting has improved so much in the past 10 years when I started. Just look at the improvements in SS, and I thought that they were the cats meow in the beginning. They still are consistently putting out quality product all the time, but they are leaps and bounds better than they were. I just pulled out my first SS figure, Frankenstein. Although he still looks great, SS has stepped it up a notch with stands more consistent and better bodies. Frankenstein is loose and wobbly...I can't even really pose him because his arms and legs just flail everywhere. I haven't gotten a loose body from SS since!!! I think there QC has gotten a lot better. Sorry for the long rant and tangent!!! :)

Cheers,

Brad

Understood.
I call it TOY EVOLUTION!
They are so much better now. In fact, I think they are watching what we customizers do. Why not! Only makes for better figures!
Plus, the packaging is all getting so much better. Just look at the strides in the newest Star Wars lines or the way Hot Toys makes theirs, all without the dreaded TWIST TIES!!!! ARRGHH!!! I hate those things!
And now, we get nice boxes that any figure can go back into like the day it arrived, for safer storage or whatever.
It's all looking better to my eyes! :D

I have been on a major rampage for the last month too. Just picked up up the Scar hot toys Predator too. If I like him I will got for Celtic and keep my Chopper pre-order.

ow THAT'S a buying spree!! great buys all. where did u get the Takara Batman if i may ask???

oh and any pics of this newer Deckard?

creecher said:
Ahaaa, on-line. Back in the game, huh? The waiting game. :lol Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

Well, back in the game is a figurative term....I never left...just priorities changed and I lacked some funds....moving is expensive!!! LOL Well, I am still looking at things...I can't stand waiting for nothing. I have been looking at the Hot Toys Predator and Alien line at the moment. What I really really want is a Predator from the first movie!!!

Cheers,

Brad

Mookeylama said:
ow THAT'S a buying spree!! great buys all. where did u get the Takara Batman if i may ask???

oh and any pics of this newer Deckard?

I originally ordered a Hot Toys Batman from Toys Square and then had it changed about a month ago to the Takara plus paid the difference. I paid $150.00 plus shipping for it. I got the Hot Toys Superman for $120.00, and I bought it at the same time. Don't worry about getting him though. Takara I am sure will make more of him, since they aren't limited and then prices will fall back to Earth. As much as I love Batman, I wouldn't pay over $200.00 for him.

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
Don't worry about getting him though. Takara I am sure will make more of him, since they aren't limited and then prices will fall back to Earth. As much as I love Batman, I wouldn't pay over $200.00 for him.

Cheers,

Brad

really? hm. for some reason i thought the TAK Bats was limited too. u really think they'll make more of him?

I too went on a toy buying rampage this summer. I spent around 600 bucks on new items. However, I sold a lot of stuff to finance this spree, so it was only about 200 out of pocket.

I would make a joke about wanting to take a shopping spree with a Doctor's paycheck... but I have an aunt who went to school to become a Nurse Practicioner. If you are starting out, and weren't wealthy before school/student loans, I would imagine right now its not as pretty a picture as the one in my head. Good luck with the your chosen profession and enjoy those wonderful toys.

Mookeylama said:
really? hm. for some reason i thought the TAK Bats was limited too. u really think they'll make more of him?

Hmmm...I haven't seen anything that says that he is limited. It was my understanding that the Hot Toys is limited and the Takara is not. Someone correct me if I am wrong...it won't be the first time :). I hope you find one for a good price though!!!

Cheers,

Brad

DouglasMcc said:
I too went on a toy buying rampage this summer. I spent around 600 bucks on new items. However, I sold a lot of stuff to finance this spree, so it was only about 200 out of pocket.

I would make a joke about wanting to take a shopping spree with a Doctor's paycheck... but I have an aunt who went to school to become a Nurse Practicioner. If you are starting out, and weren't wealthy before school/student loans, I would imagine right now its not as pretty a picture as the one in my head. Good luck with the your chosen profession and enjoy those wonderful toys.

Hey Mac, what did you get if you don't mind me asking? I had a blast getting my items, since I really haven't gotten that many items in the past few months.

I have tons of school loans to pay back but I can manage. Right now I owe in the neighborhood of $100,000 for schooling and I didn't slurge!!! You are correct, it's not as pretty as many would imagine but I wouldn't change a thing. Right now, I am just enjoying being able to buy dinner without sweating out the tab!!! Plus, in April, I bought a new car when my AC blew in my old one!! Congrats on your Aunt being a nurse practioner. My GF is a Physician's Assistant student, so I know what that is like. It's a tough and challenging field to be in. I would love to hear about everyone's recent purchases!!! I am also looking at getting an Alfrex Lone Wolf and Cub. There is one up on fleabay right now but it is $350.00!!!! OUCH! So if anyone has one to sell.....:D

Back