My totally inadequate collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For things that come on cards I can see keeping them in the package. But when you're talking about Sideshow stuff that can be taken out and enjoyed and then placed back in the package without damaging it, I think you do sort of miss out on something by not taking them out. But different strokes for different folks.

A few new acquisitions for me:

The 12" Holiday Dracula (missing his red cardboard bow so if you know where I can get one, please let me know) and the 12" Color Creature From The Black Lagoon. Like a fool, I sold both of the figures that I had several years ago and have desperately wanted replacements. So, I finally bought them again.

The new SSE Creature From the Black Lagoon Premium Format figure. It's awesome and makes a great pair for the color version (even though I have the color version in another room in the house). And the Creature PF isn't really that "blue" looking in person; I think the color was due to my camera's flash.

006.jpg

005.jpg

012-1.jpg

Your thoughts on the SSE creature?
Well, the color version is glossy and has a few color variations whereas the SSE is basically shades of grey with a matte finish (almost kind of "rough" and by that I mean "not smooth").

I think the color version is incredible with the whole "wet look", but the SSE doesn't look wet at all. However, the SSE reminds me more of the movie version of the Creature simply because it's black-and-white.

If you ask me which version I like better, well, I couldn't give you an answer. Both versions have their respective redeeming properties and I admire them both.

Some people on this forum like the SSE version and would probably think that a color version is blasphemy. Other people think exactly the opposite. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
I came to this site to see what others had and to get display inspiration. I am an opener but I like the artwork on these figures. It really stands out, using the 50's style pulp colours.

And I always love finding out about lines I didn't know anything on in the first place.

Back