My review on Dragonball Evolution (Rated R)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching Dragon Ball in any way is horrible...

Seriously, it's a hundred episodes of some guy powering up as two goofballs growl at eachother... wooooo so thought provoking.

Jose, Chad, and Solid all kick butt, but man.... seriously?!

Ok i know there power ups take about 2 episodes but you exaggerate with the whole 100 episode thing. Its a fighting show! Duh that's all they do.

Ok i know there power ups take about 2 episodes but you exaggerate with the whole 100 episode thing. Its a fighting show! Duh that's all they do.

Dude, they have over a 100 episodes of Dragon Ball... and in every episode there is a growling and staring contest between the combatants... I wished I was exaggerating, but sadly I am not. :rotfl

Dude, they have over a 100 episodes of Dragon Ball... and in every episode there is a growling and staring contest between the combatants... I wished I was exaggerating, but sadly I am not. :rotfl

the same thing can be said with that blasted anime, NARUTO!:emperor

It's cool if you don't like it but no need to act like you're an authority to people who actually are. The power-ups and standoffs do not happen on every episode by a long shot.

Never said I was an authority. Touchy touchy.

Did you read your own post? :confused::lol
I'm not touchy. DBZ deserves criticism as much as anything else. But you're just bashing and you don't know what you're talking about. Is it wrong to point that out?

Did you read your own post? :confused::lol
I'm not touchy. DBZ deserves criticism as much as anything else. But you're just bashing and you don't know what you're talking about. Is it wrong to point that out?

I do know what I am talking about and I am not trashing it. It has a weak story, but some of the character designs are pretty cool. That much I will give.

Anyway, who cares. I am moving on! I am going to the HB II PF and discuss our obsession about if his left arm is in fact in proportion to the rest of his body. Wow, scary. hehe

Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece and the rest are Shonen anime/manga? All of these anime drag on. But guess what, they have a huge fan base so the formula seems to work. Don't like it, don't watch it. But don't spoil the show for those who enjoyed it as a kid.

Saw it today, I like James Marsters and Emmy Rossum - but neither had that much to do. I've never seen Dragonball and have no frame of reference, but I can say that the movie doesn't stand on its own. And if the fans don't like it - then there's a problem. The lead actor isn't a great actor and there was no real reason to care about any of the characters. Yun-Fat was okay, but his comedy seemed like they were trying for anime comedy and didn't really work.

At least the film was short - nothing epic about it at all.

Saw it yesterday with my brother, and as fans of the anime we were both absolutely ready to rip the ^^^^ into it...But surprisingly it wasn't as terrible as everyone had made me believe. Yes, it's a bad movie and rapes the source material to hell and back, but it was pretty enjoyable, oddly enough. Really one of those "so bad it's good" movies.

Weird that they even bothered to keep the school crap in, though. It disappears after what, 10, 15 minutes? They could just as well have had Goku living on the mountain with his grandfather and have Chi-Chi be a girl down in the mountain's village, who sometimes comes up to hang out with Goku. But that would have made sense.:lol

I do wonder why the hell they changed so much, when the actual movie STILL felt like a condensed anime, down to Yamcha who sounded like a badly dubbed nineties anime character, the (sometimes) heavy sci-fi/oriental mix, the fight scenes and even a Japanese pop song during the credits! Oh well, typical Hollywood arrogance I suppose.:duh

And a shame that Roshi wasn't bald with a goatee and moustache, because he actually felt pretty well updated. Masters(?) was simply badass as Piccolo too, though he really didn't get enough lines and exposition. Shame, because out of the entire movie he was the only thing that had me wanting more.

But yeah, could have been a LOT better, the acting sucked balls from almost all of the cast, the stench of Fox' arrogance is laced throughout the entire movie...But all it does is just to really make it a movie that you can't take serious (in a good way), and it really is one of those "so bad it's good" flicks. I'll be kind and give it a 5/10.

Back