My original Superman, Joker, and Wolverine short films!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spawn-man

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post these as this is my 'art'
The first is a comedy, the second and third are pretty serious.. Enjoy:)

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YYtQ1WEVE[/ame]

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwqxXsiI4w[/ame]

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jedSEWc6gpg[/ame]

Last edited:
The Superman one... kinda funny. I mean, it had some funny moments, but, to be honest, most of it sort of fell flat. The biggest problem was that the lines were delivered in a sort of... I dunno... it just didn't *sound* like the way I'd expect Supes to sound if he got ____-canned. There wasn't enough frustration/desperation in his voice, y'know? Like, when he's writing his resumé, it would've been fantastic to just stop typing and shout, "Who the hell am I kidding?! Work experience? I've worked for the same damned newspaper for twenty years!"

The Joker scene... nice and dark. I understand that you're on a shoe-string budget (less than that, probably), so I can easily forgive the quality of the video and costume work. The monologue was pretty good, that bit about the neighbor and all sounded like it would be something Ledger's Joker would say. But, in truth, you didn't really make it "yours." The Joker is a complex and faceted character. In some ways that's tough to personify, but, in others, that gives the actor LOTS of wiggle room to pick and choose which of those characteristics/quirks really speak to him, the actor. You played in someone else's sandbox- and did it well!- but it didn't stand out as anything truly original.

The Wolverine piece... of the three, this one showed the most character development and complexity in terms of writing. Nice prosthetics, by the way! Anyway... the writing... all of the dialogue had a truer ring to it. The look (by way of costuming) made me immediately think of Hugh Jackman and Liev Schrieber (and that's not necessarily a good thing- again, playing in someone else's sandbox) but the actors clearly had their own take on the characters and displayed that quite well. The "Al" character seemed like little more than a plot device, practically a footnote in the whole thing, which kind of bothered me... his presence at the meeting seemed almost perfunctory and unnecessary. I'd have left him out of that scene entirely- Stryker comes on the scene, Logan starts to ask what Stryker was doing there and suddenly narrows his eyes as he makes the mental leap and figures out that he'd been framed by "Al", who Stryker then reports as being dead since he no longer proved useful because Stryker had what he wanted (Logan and Creed in the same place). All in all, though, the Wolverine piece was definitely the strongest. I especially liked the fact that the dialogue had the flavor of what we'd actually see in the comic books- very strong and concise on that score, which is good.

I just want to make it clear: I offer no criticism, only critique. You've done some good work and no one should take away from that. But, as with anything of a creative bent, improvements can always be made on ANY material. I truly hope that my comments helped you in some way and I wish you nothing but success in all your endeavors- success and happiness breed more of the same!

Back