My first proper collectable piece turned up damaged

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

para50

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was really excited to receive this so I'm pretty disappointed now. I'm going to contact Amazon to see how I can get it sorted. Even more annoyed as I just don't have the time to deal with this so I'm hoping it will be straight forward.

20140227_153102.jpg

20140227_153119.jpg

20140227_153112.jpg

20140227_153420.jpg

sucks, sorry.

Good news is they seem to be clean breaks and should be able to be glued back into place rather easily. purchase some axpoxie sculpt https://www.amazon.com/Apoxie-Sculp...510&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=aves+expoxie+sculpt to fill in the chip on the inside of the Predator's mouth, smooth it down, let it dry and match the paint, and then hit it with a semi-gloss/gloss to match the finish. That chip should be almost completley behind the tooth, so your repair will be hidden.

If you don't want to fix it, you could contact Amazon and try to send it back and get a refund.

Unlucky. Matching paint can be quite tricky and you shouldn't have to fix up a new item. Send it back if they offer a full refund.
There should be plenty about to purchase another.

A shame, I love this lsb, send it back and get a new one if possible, they do turn up on ebay regularly at pretty good prices.

I'm interested in hearing what Amazon will do with this.
With my experience with them, they'll offer full refund, but I know that doesn't solve your problem. GL.

Thanks guys. Amazon just referred me to the dealer that supplied it as the order wasn't fulfilled by them. I had a reply already asking for pictures, so hopefully it wont take long to get a replacement. I considered trying to fix it myself but, as Collectorcol said, I shouldn't have to on a new item, I want it to be perfect condition.

This has been out of stock from Sideshow for some time now. I'm not sure the dealer/retailer could get a replacement, but wouldn't hurt to ask in your next email to them with your pics.

Worst case, maybe ask for a partial refund and then, as mentioned, it looks like some simple glue applications could fix your problems.

I'll wait and see what they say. They have two more in stock according to Amazon so they'll probably replace it, I just don't like the idea of having to go to the trouble of sending this one back then waiting. The tooth kind of pushes in so it would probably stay in place without glue, but there seems to be a chip behind it too which I didn't like the look of.

I'll wait and see what they say. They have two more in stock according to Amazon so they'll probably replace it, I just don't like the idea of having to go to the trouble of sending this one back then waiting. The tooth kind of pushes in so it would probably stay in place without glue, but there seems to be a chip behind it too which I didn't like the look of.

Two more in-stock sounds like good news for you.

Sorry to hear that! Good luck with the return. I ordered it twice and it was broken both times but for me it was dreads and quills only no broken teeth.
I hope they pay return shipping but I don't have good luck with that on Amazon from private sellers.

Got a message saying they'll contact me tomorrow with a solution. If they try to make me pay for the return I'll complain to Amazon about it and see if they can do anything. I'm in the UK and it was sent from Holland so it won't be cheap.

They asked me if I'd consider a discount. I said I suppose I'd consider it but it depends how much it was as my repair to it would be far from perfect and if I ever came to sell it, it would be worth a lot less. Just waiting for them to give a figure now. What would you consider a reasonable amount? I paid £275 for it.

It's up to you, just don't feel pressured into keeping it. If you can fix the paint chips and they offer a good discount then keep it by all means, if not then return it.

Amazon said the seller wasn't obligated to refund the return shipping and when I looked in to it, it was going to cost quite a lot so I wanted to avoid returning it. They offered me a 10% refund and I said no way. I managed to get 25% refunded back to my card. Just need to try and fix it now. Don't really know what I'm doing though ha

25% is pretty damn good. You can fix this to the point that only you can tell something happened. Take extra time and care when you glue the quills back in place. Make sure you use as little glue as possible because if you use slightly too much glue, it will spew out the sides of the break making the damage much more noticable. You aren't going to have a tough time matching paint on the inside of the mouth, make sure you match the gloss correctly, it looks to be semi-gloss but test it and make sure before applying it to your collectible. Good luck, this is going to be a fun project for you, it's gonna turn out great.

Back