My first custom ever- DC Direct Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shhbane

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi this is my first custom ever.I always like the sculpt DC Direct did for TDK's Joker.So I decided that if i screw him up, it won't be that much of a problem, it's not like I'm modding a Hot Toys figure.
He's still not finished I'm gonna add a chain and I'm thinking of adding even more hair.

Original paint and sculpt:
jokerheadcollage.jpg

After adding more defined scars and hair with green stuff, I colored him with a basic skin color(note, hair and eyes are not repainted in this pic):
65295778.jpg

And here he is with fully repainted:
80212722.jpg

48807638.jpg

Sorry for the pics, my camera's not the best:)
I will try to take better pics later!

Last edited:
Very nice work! Your repaint really shows off the quality of the sculpt hidden under a mediocre original paint application.

i've always thought that of all the companies head sculpts, the dcd had the best likeness, it's just a shame that the scars, hair, and paint killed it.

but, while imo, the hair needs some more work, your paintjob is superb. you really brought out the likeness! you did a great job. congrats.
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Great repaint. And as far as the sculpt goes, that's definitely Heath Ledger. Too bad it's so disproportionate to a HT TT.

65295778.jpg

I'm not a fan of the DCD sculpt at all, but without the paint, it shows that the sculpt is actually pretty decent (especially with the added scarring).

The overall repaint / re-scarring looks fantastic.

I remember seeing your 3D sculpt a while back, which partially explains why your first custom came out so well. Since even though they're obviously different mediums, I guess a knowledge and skill with one art form gives foundations to know what to look for when doing a custom in another form.

Thanks, the DCD sculpt actually is a 3d scan of Ledger's face printed, so it's very accurate.I wish HT had those 3d scans, so they would've made the perfect Joker.

I sort of remember that now, I must have forgotten because I was just so unimpressed with that paint job.

Your repaint makes the sculpt look exactly like his expression just before the "You know, you remind me of my father" line.

Back