My darn nephew....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...broke my Sauron head. I was at work today and when it happended. He tried to pick it up and the head fell off in the process, breaking 2 spikes and bending 2 more. This is one of my favorite Sideshow pieces and I am at a loss. Should I buy another one or just leave it the way it is. I glued it back together but it still looks aweful. I doubt sideshow has extra heads lying around. But if I sell it on ebay, nobody is going to buy it as they are really hard to sell nowadays. And I am really short on cash thanks to all the recent orders being shipped all at once.
Man...just my luck.

Man, that sucks! I would at least try to e-mail Sideshow, and see if by some luck they have a replacement. Maybe somebody else had a damaged body portion, and when they got the return at SS, they kept the head...

It can't hurt to ask!!!

It stinks that you can't just pop on the helm from the other line either...

I just emailed sideshow so I won't get an answer until tomorrow. All I can do is hold my fingers crossed and pray that you're right and they have a spare head lying around. That would be just awesome.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, just be sure you don't go roundhouse kicking anyone out of anger!!!:rolleyes:

Seaward said:
It can't hurt to ask!!!

I agree. A couple months ago, I needed one of those spikes that attach to his feet and Sideshow came through. I just had to be patient to await returns of Sauron. They said they try to keep the attachable pieces of statues whenever they get returns for this exact reason.

Oh man Im so sorry about that! I would just lose it, I hate it when kids touch my collectobles and ask to touch and play with them.:monkey4
I really hope Sideshow can help! Praying for ya!

There are some members here and on Statue Forum that do repairs, perhaps one of them can help?

As you say, the market is low on this piece. Just bought mine for 180.00 Buy one and if you get the other one fixed sell it. Hit up the sib that owns that kid for half of it too.

I am still waiting for a reply from sideshow. I'll wait until tomorrow and then I'll consider finding someone to repair it if he/she can make it look just the same as it once did.

The little devil is five. If it weren't for the fact that he's so young I'd give him a real good ass-whopping.
On a side note, sideshow finally replied saying that they cannot replace the head.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Unfortunately, this late after shipping we do not stock any replacement parts for the Sauron Statue. I apologize that I could not be of more assistance."

So does anybody here know of someone who can fix the helmet? If so please PM me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Even though a toy is different from a collectible.................toy are dear to children.................take one a his toy out into the driveway..............place it right behind your tire, make sure the toy will not pop the tire...................back over it, pull back over it..............do this a couple a times and then stop right on top of it...............maybe he will get the message..............

BDboystoys said:
Oh man Im so sorry about that! I would just lose it, I hate it when kids touch my collectobles and ask to touch and play with them.:monkey4

I hate it when anyone tries to touch my collectibles!

Sorry SS couldn't help you out.

Yeah I am still pretty pissed off. The thing is, I would love to go and buy another one off of ebay but I just don't have the money right now because of all the recent orders that got shipped.
@ Mithrandir: I did think about destroying some of his toys but I know my parents would kill me if I did anything like that. I did however take his ice cream today during lunch, which he was enjoying very much.:D

Takin the ice cream will do...................just need to make sure that he understands not to do it again.............my first example was a little extreme.............

They may look like pretty cool toys..............

I say hit him where it hurts. Just like what happened to you. But act like it was an 'accident' like what he did! For example...

Oops! That was YOUR toy I just threw out? I had know idea! So sorry better luck next time.

and and make sure its one thats hard to come by.

Not that Im iplying anything:monkey3

I had a similar experience. My 3 year-old daughter wanted to hold my Force FX lightsaber. So, stupidly, I obliged. As soon as she got hold of it she spun 180 degrees and launched a two-handed overhead attack directly to Sauron's head. It's almost as if it was pre-meditated. Needless to say, I freaked. She broke two of the spires from the helm. They should be easily repairable though. Lesson learned.

Saurons I said:
I had a similar experience. My 3 year-old daughter wanted to hold my Force FX lightsaber. So, stupidly, I obliged. As soon as she got hold of it she spun 180 degrees and launched a two-handed overhead attack directly to Sauron's head. It's almost as if it was pre-meditated. Needless to say, I freaked. She broke two of the spires from the helm. They should be easily repairable though. Lesson learned.

:horror on the bright side, if the head was attached to the statue, the whole statue would have fell off. and i don't want to go into that... one can just imagine how many broken parts would have resulted from that.

carbo-fation, try asking around in various forums for the head. someone could have got a damaged sauron and may have a spare head. provided he's from overseas of course, since those in the US will have to return damaged products.

Back